onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

If Harry Kewell didn't think we had much to offer---what does that say about his team? Plonker comment!! Encouraging start to the season--well done Michael Brown and the lads!

He basically said we bullied them. But if he thinks he can get Crawley promoted with neat passing football then good luck to him... sacked by Christmas.

He basically said we bullied them. But if he thinks he can get Crawley promoted with neat passing football then good luck to him... sacked by Christmas.

He's come from an academy from the premier league, where this is how they play. What he fails to realise is that his players are not capable of playing this way and it doesn't work in this league.

We found out last time we were here that you need to play ugly sometimes and slow the game down, lumping it upfield when needed.

Sent from my F3111 using the onevalefan mobile app

shut up.

i see the intellectual has arrived, dont agree with the poster but to see so many people like a post that says 'shut up' sums up the level this forum has dropped to. Whilst ive argued with a number of posters on here for sometime I will credit them with the ability to have a decent debate and to add something to the thread. People wonder why the same 20 people reply to every thread when 'shut up' is the level the conversation is at....jesus wept

Saturday wasalways going to be a jounrye into the unknown. The side is once again pretty much unrecognisable from the previous season and simply to get an away win, never mind score 3 should be seen as a big positive. Yes the performance was far from great. We looked comfortable when on the front foot but it seems as soon as we went 2-0 up we seemed to change mentality and got quite nervous with misplaced passes and a real struggle to keep the ball. I think had we not had De Freitas on the pitch from then on in we would have struggled as his energy just about kept Crawley from completely bossing the game, especially when Tonge's legs seemed to start to go a bit.Pope became very isolated as the game went on but Brown was always going to not want to throw on another forwars when you've got a lead so it was a tricky game to manage.

Overall there is much to improve on as you would expect, particularly in the full back areas as Wilson wasn't protected brilliantly by Harness and he didn't do himself any favours either. Also Gunning looked like a centre half at left back, comfortable with defending but nothing else. Hopefully Denton solves that problem.

Lainton - 7 - Pretty solid overall despite a couple of slips.

Wilson - 5 - Had real trouble with their number 7, looks a little slow and got to take part of the blame for the goal seeing as it came down his side and he was jogging back.

Gunning - 7 - Couldn't ask much more from him considering he is out of position really. Very solid defensively, just not much going forward.

Kay - 8 - Pace could be an issue for him but in a game like this he looked dominant. Proper leader too.

Smith - 7 - A couple of little errors but nothing too bad.

Harness - 7 - Definitely got some talent but a little lightweight. Plenty of potential here though.

Montano - 6 - Removed at half time but looked ok. Got a few crosses in and generally kept Crawley on the back foot.

De Freitas - 8 - Lots of energy and tried to do the right things with the ball until full time.

Pugh - 6 - A little sluggish at times and very guilty of not doing the right thing on the ball at times but worked hard and did a job.

Tonge - 8 - Dominant first half with some great set pieces. Tackled hard and used the ball well. Faded though sadly.

Pope - 6 - Battled well on his own up front but really that was all he could do in the formation employed.

Turner - 7 - Helped with covering Gunning and scored a crucial goal. Looked nervous when he first came on but grew in confidence.

Reeves - 7 - A steady sub showing. Added a bit of much needed energy to the midfield.

Whitfield - 7 - Gave the Crawley defenders a headache for his late showing. Quick feet and one track minded. Attack.

i see the intellectual has arrived, dont agree with the poster but to see so many people like a post that says 'shut up' sums up the level this forum has dropped to. Whilst ive argued with a number of posters on here for sometime I will credit them with the ability to have a decent debate and to add something to the thread. People wonder why the same 20 people reply to every thread when 'shut up' is the level the conversation is at....jesus wept

I've been saying it for weeks now that Erniemossrules is on a windup, he's a straight up troll and probably a Stoke fan. He's been ripping into Brown before even pre season, and now that season has started he's still ripping into him.

There's been no need to go in on Adam Yates, to discredit players because of their age or to rip into an unproven manager who clearly had his hands tied at the back end of last season.

We've all moved on from last season apart from one troll called Erniemossrules. And your still trying to give him a platform to spout this crap.

The fact that your defending him in the name of 'a decent debate' is quite laughable at this point. It seems like everyone has come round to seeing he's a bit of a tool who will find a negative in a 4-0 win against Barca.

People are sick of it now, as I was pretty sick of it about a month ago.

He does need to shut up, not for us, just because he's embarrassing himself.

I've been saying it for weeks now that Erniemossrules is on a windup, he's a straight up troll and probably a Stoke fan. He's been ripping into Brown before even pre season, and now that season has started he's still ripping into him.

There's been no need to go in on Adam Yates, to discredit players because of their age or to rip into an unproven manager who clearly had his hands tied at the back end of last season.

We've all moved on from last season apart from one troll called Erniemossrules. And your still trying to give him a platform to spout this crap.

The fact that your defending him in the name of 'a decent debate' is quite laughable at this point. It seems like everyone has come round to seeing he's a bit of a tool who will find a negative in a 4-0 win against Barca.

People are sick of it now, as I was pretty sick of it about a month ago.

He does need to shut up, not for us, just because he's embarrassing himself.

I think you'll find Ernie is related to Nockavelli.

Just ignore.

Tend to agree with the general summing ups CambridgeDon on a previous page and TF above.

Good solid display all in all, a lot still to work on but 3 goals and 3 points you can't whinge at that on the face of it.

Basically we won the big moments in the game and took our chances as said first 25-30 minutes and last 10-15 we controlled the game. You've got to expect a home side to have some sort of spell in any game(unless ability wise they are just not good enough or having an absolute mare). I'd guess Crawley will be bottom 8 but they had a few steady players and one exceptional(Boldewijn who I'd honestly be surprised if we see many(if any tbh!) better wingers than him this season, Crawley will do well to keep hold of him in January on that evidence!).

The period when they scored was concerning though as we couldn't get hold of the ball, went too deep and it just kept coming back, that said I was only worried when Boldewijn got the ball/had a chance as other than him the rest of Crawley's team I'd be surprised if they had a shot on target between them? I feared the worst when they brought the short lad Cox on(ex Brighton and Orient and has always been a tricky player in the lower leagues) but they took Boldewijn off which was a big relief! Great to get the 3rd goal when we did and pleased for Dan Turner, I hadn't seen a lot in the lad that's made me think he can make it before Saturday but he's certainly improved, the drop down to League Two level will suit him and hopefully give him chance to get some goals. It can be a confidence thing sometimes and if he can get us a few it will be a big bonus:yes:

Early days as we all know but I'm quitely optomistic this side could develop into a team that can challenge at the right end of the table, lets see how we get on at home to Wycombe on Saturday!

Archived