onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

How anyone can call themselves a fan and continue to post s**t like that, willing us to do poorly, is beyond me. Especially after a win too. What's wrong with you?

I am a Vale fan and long time season ticket holder and wanted Vale to win today.As you are aware I am not a Brown noser and don't think he should be Manager after last years fiasco.

He may prove me wrong but there are another 45 games to go so don't get excited by beating a poor Crawley team.The results against teams like Luton and Coventry are the ones that matter.

Advert

What's ironic about poster like you PV1973 is you mouth off pretending you are the only voice that matters. I would hazard a guess that you were all aboard the Bruno train for 10 games last year until we stared losing and then started getting onto the manager and chairmans back. Whilst some of the comments on here can be deemed negative there's also an aspect of realism required. Good result today but let's not get carried away, Crawley are awful and trying to play a style of game they aren't capable of, very much like Vale last year. Would anyone get carried away with beating a **** poor Vale last year? Nope

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

We lost to some sherbet sides last year away from home, no matter how good or bad Crawley are away wins are to be cherished. You can only beat what's in front of you. Nobody has seen as many changes than Vale have but when we settle we will be a good side in this division. Look at all the results today and you will see some fancied sides lost. This think we will have a very strong squad by end August. If we had won 5-0 there's a few on here who would be saying Brown out, sometimes nothing you do for some is good enough.

Great start to the season to get that away win monkey off the back. Think Crawley will be relegation fodder but doesn't matter nice to have 3 points to start the season.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Well done Michael Brown leave our top scorer Pyke on the bench.Gives Yates a contract then sends him out on loan.You couldn't make it up.Are they paying his wages.

As you say, well done Michael Brown! 2 of his OAP signings and a rookie he gave a chance to all scoring. :smile: Very early days obviously Ernie - you will get your day soon no doubt.

Just back.

A good win for the Vale with a solid team display, though at times we rode our luck. First half started evenly but a deflection on a cracking free kick by Tonge gave us an early lead and this seemed to breathe confidence into the side. Tonge was again the provider for the second with a free kick glanced backwards by Kay. Crawley predictably came back but their crossing and finishing were poor, otherwise we might have conceded.

On first impressions, the most encouraging aspect of play was the amount of talking, with Kay (a real leader) and Tonge barking out orders.

Second half, we fell asleep. Kewell changed Boudwijn over to the left (he got nothing out of Gunning first half) and he gave Wilson a torrid time. The goal came after a Vale attack broke down and Boudwijn ran all of 40 yards, unchallenged, down the wing then across the edge of the box before slotting home. The lad (their MOM) could have had a couple more but surprisingly, and fortunately for us, Kewell took him off on 75 minutes. By this time, Tonge, who was visibly wilting second half, had been replaced by Billy Reeves and we were struggling in midfield.

Then came the smash and grab. Good work on the right by De Freitas (I think) and Reeves resulted in a great cross by Harness, on a sixpence, for Dan Turner to head his first senior goal. Well done to the lad. Lot of added time but we were home and dry.

A few observations. Some of the players looked tired in the second half. Ben Whitfield who came on late looks a good prospect but looked knackered after 10 minutes. Where was he for his pre-season?

Special mention for Kay and Smith up against a huge bruiser of a centre forward. Smith looked slight by comparison but didn't give an inch. On balance though, if we had a MOM, I'd give it to Kay for a captain's performance and a great goal. Gunning too had a very good game - I'd expected him to be our weak point but Boudwijn got nowt out of him. Wilson will have better games, I'm sure.

Our biggest challenge is in midfield. We sat back too much in the second half and conceded possession that will cost us against better sides. Brown must be dying to sign Guy to give us some box to box energy.

Up front, Popey gave his usual 100% and got battered, as usual, with very little protection from the ref. We did look though that we could take the few chances that came our way. I was just a bit disappointed Pyke didn't come on.

Three good points. Crawley were poor but you can only beat what's in front of you. Early days but I'm much more optimistic than before the game (and that's summat for me). Don't believe the negativity - not yet at least - plenty to play for :smile:

Well done, Brown and the lads.

You aren't very wise are you.Theres still 45 games to go.

Enjoy your win today. Suppose we won't hear from you when we lose.

I never said I was wise. I am sure my limited education would be superior to yours though.

Incredible that Vale can win 1-3 away and you cannot enjoy the result and the day.

I am ready to criticise when the time is right believe me. But, whilst not perfect let's just enjoy today and praise NOT grumble.

Apparently there's 45 games left.

I never said I was wise. I am sure my limited education would be superior to yours though.

Incredible that Vale can win 1-3 away and you cannot enjoy the result and the day.

I am ready to criticise when the time is right believe me. But, whilst not perfect let's just enjoy today and praise NOT grumble.

Apparently there's 45 games left.

At least he got the number of remaining games correct. He also maintains that pyke is our top scorer this season.

great 3 points especially as they had the lions share of the play..

Crawley initially started well but we took the game on and dominated most of first half with out carving too much, 2nd half we sat back and they took on most of the possession strangely they scored after a rare attack but dan with a great header after some nice work knocked the stuffing out of em.

Kay Smith very good

Defreitas rarely gave ball away excellent first half had to sit back 2nd

Harness not a lot to feed off as we battled , same for montano,

Pope doesn't get the decisions he deserves for the battering he get but struggled as others as we sat back

gunning solid

Pugh tongue solid first half 2nd we sat deeper and the changes by mb made sense giving us that bit more energy

Wilson is the worry for me seems too nice especially as their winger could just walk past him with out any pressure but may still be adjusting in team

turner is a very good footballer and the pace we need and can only grow chuffed for his goal

keeper very happy with didn't let us down

overall v.good with room for improvement as the teams gel

will also say subs at halftime seemed relaxed and smiling the camp looks a happy one

Didn't Brown say he would start with two up front so he,s contradicted or surprised himself.Wasnt Tonges goal an own goal.Dont know why he offered Yates a contract if he isn't fit.Could have spent his budget on a decent player ready for the first team.

Lucky to survive after the break with all the pressure and a lucky goal against the run of play.

Don't build your hopes up a better team like Wycombe won't roll over.Another 45 games to go.

Pyke is our top scorer this season.

Thank God you're not my brother in law. Never has one person looked to find so many negatives in everything. Can't decide if I am amused or just feel sorry that someone sees life in such an obviously negative was.

Archived