onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

Advert

You never know, maybe Grimmer was close to signing and held talks with us, like Mirfin, Vincenti, Barnett and one or two others. And, to my knowledge, no-one has yet snapped up either Eagles or Bikey. Now if by some outside chance one of them signed then I think we'd be very happy!

Would you say Barnett will be better then Hooper? if he is Hoopers replacement then i am happy with that..If Pope is Reg's replacement i am happy with that,lets look at positives for once instead of people moaning about every signing

I mean I could head down to the local park on a Sunday and find players better than the two you've named. The fact that Barnett and Pope are better than Reg and JJ means nothing.

Tbh lads I've been doing some thinking, and maybe I was a little harsh about this window.

We're building a mid-table side which will keep us in the division and we won't get relegated. We might even nick a point or 3 off of Crewe.

Sure, we've missed out on lots of targets, but hopefully Pope and Barnett can display their form of the past couple of seasons, and Lainton can utilise his experience to shore up the net.

Streete, Foley, and possibly Eagles may have left, but they don't want to be here! I only want committed players, regardless of ability. Hopefully Brown can continue his excellent transfer agenda in signing players born in the Stoke vicinity, as its been proven that Oatcakes increase goalscoring output by 17%. Really clever strategy from the management.

Combined with the prolific, consistent Montano and the durable, industrious Danny Green, maybe our side could contend for the playoffs next season.

Turner and Reeves are clearly ready, shown by their excellent runs in the teams magnificent final 10 games of last season. Hopefully they will be regular starters, exemplifying our depth in strength. Forrester will unshackle his left calf and will be fit and firing. We always have Michael Brown ready to fill in, and he has played at the top level. And I wouldn't want to forget Yatesy, Mr Port Vale, a model of consistency and loyalty for nearly a decade amidst interest from approximately 0 clubs.

Also buzzing to see some real, top-level experience in the side. Anthony Kay did superbly in a good Bury side last year, and Danny Pugh has enjoyed a renaissance in recent years.

All in all, not too bad. Hopefully we can push the season ticket sales over the mark of 3,500, which would really show the enthusiasm the supporters are feeling.

Would you say Barnett will be better then Hooper? if he is Hoopers replacement then i am happy with that..If Pope is Reg's replacement i am happy with that,lets look at positives for once instead of people moaning about every signing

The only trouble with that line of thinking is that Davis isn't a good replacement for Streete, Lainton isn't on Alnwick's level and Grant, Jones, Eagles and Taylor haven't been replaced at all. Still, there is time.

I don't think Barnett is a bad player, just seems an odd one to prioritise when we have an excellent and reliable target man in Pope who plays even when injured.

Tbh lads I've been doing some thinking, and maybe I was a little harsh about this window.

We're building a mid-table side which will keep us in the division and we won't get relegated. We might even nick a point or 3 off of Crewe.

Sure, we've missed out on lots of targets, but hopefully Pope and Barnett can display their form of the past couple of seasons, and Lainton can utilise his experience to shore up the net.

Streete, Foley, and possibly Eagles may have left, but they don't want to be here! I only want committed players, regardless of ability. Hopefully Brown can continue his excellent transfer agenda in signing players born in the Stoke vicinity, as its been proven that Oatcakes increase goalscoring output by 17%. Really clever strategy from the management.

Combined with the prolific, consistent Montano and the durable, industrious Danny Green, maybe our side could contend for the playoffs next season.

Turner and Reeves are clearly ready, shown by their excellent runs in the teams magnificent final 10 games of last season. Hopefully they will be regular starters, exemplifying our depth in strength. Forrester will unshackle his left calf and will be fit and firing. We always have Michael Brown ready to fill in, and he has played at the top level. And I wouldn't want to forget Yatesy, Mr Port Vale, a model of consistency and loyalty for nearly a decade amidst interest from approximately 0 clubs.

Also buzzing to see some real, top-level experience in the side. Anthony Kay did superbly in a good Bury side last year, and Danny Pugh has enjoyed a renaissance in recent years.

All in all, not too bad. Hopefully we can push the season ticket sales over the mark of 3,500, which would really show the enthusiasm the supporters are feeling.

Are you drunk or High?

The only trouble with that line of thinking is that Davis isn't a good replacement for Streete, Lainton isn't on Alnwick's level and Grant, Jones, Eagles and Taylor haven't been replaced at all. Still, there is time.

I don't think Barnett is a bad player, just seems an odd one to prioritise when we have an excellent and reliable target man in Pope who plays even when injured.

Tbh i see what you are saying but again looking at positives...i would say Lainton and the other lad are replacing Mehmet and the celtic lad forggot his name....Davis i would say replaces McIntosch...maybe Kay replaces Streete...if fit and we sign him then Green would replace Eagles...as i say i am just trying to find a positive outlook,i just dont think the signings are as bad as some are saying but we are all entitled to opinions i guess

I mean I could head down to the local park on a Sunday and find players better than the two you've named. The fact that Barnett and Pope are better than Reg and JJ means nothing.

Come on are you for real??

I used to like reading some of your points but i do think you have gone a bit loopy over the summer(no offence intended)

Archived