onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

I have a friend who is an MK Dons fan... He says that Green would be a good addition, if, as many have stated, we can keep him fit.

He missed all of 2016/17 but a broken leg is a good reason that could happen to any player. Because we have got a squad with a lot of first year professionals and a tight budget we can't carry an experienced player who isn't fit. It is a tough business football. But that aside he has played 257 professional games scoring 45 goals and played at higher levels than League 2. So he looks a potentially good acquisition to me.

Advert

Not intending to be facetious; have you heard any more about Guy?

Derby have lost their two best midfield players - Hughes to Watford and Ince to Huddersfield. That must move our wanted man up their pecking order.

Derby have lost their two best midfield players - Hughes to Watford and Ince to Huddersfield. That must move our wanted man up their pecking order.

Depends where they spend the money they got for them - must be at least £12M.

If they want to have a real go at getting promoted to the Premier League are they going to trust a 20 (?) year old in the all-important central midfield role?

I've said this before but we really need to build bridges with Stoke. It's a travesty we have a PL team down the road and we are not loaning promising players from them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using the onevalefan mobile app

Maybe the beast who played for Bristol Rovers was it Sweeney? But who else are their promising youngsters?

Shenton went to Wrexham and George Waring proved poor before going to Tranmere, hardly glowing references for the Lard youth system.

Lets face it any potential 1st teamers/ squad players are not coming Vale, are untried kids cut out for League two football ?

A 3-1 trouncing at Morecambe in the Mickey Mouse cup suggests not.

to be honest whilst Barnett has had a shakey couple of seasons and green some time out, they are realistically the type of player you need to bring in. Barnett has shown he is capable of 20+ goals a season at that level and Green has been consistent at that level

Barnett has never hit 20 goals in a season as a professional footballer. His total goals are 13, 18, 1, 8, 10, 11. So you'd imagine he could get ten but to go much beyond that is pushing it at his age. As for Green being consistent he hasn't had 20 league starts in a season for the past five years.

Barnett has never hit 20 goals in a season as a professional footballer. His total goals are 13, 18, 1, 8, 10, 11. So you'd imagine he could get ten but to go much beyond that is pushing it at his age. As for Green being consistent he hasn't had 20 league starts in a season for the past five years.

Apart from the season before last when he played 30 times for Luton, yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

to be honest whilst Barnett has had a shakey couple of seasons and green some time out, they are realistically the type of player you need to bring in. Barnett has shown he is capable of 20+ goals a season at that level and Green has been consistent at that level, the question is whether Brown and the coaching team can bring that out of them. Constantine and Sodje were prime exmaples of players who had lost their way and then went on to do well for the Vale after some work with the team. add a decent CM to the mix and the squad whilst light numbers wise is starting to look more like a top 10 league 2 side.

After watching Pope score a record tally after his dismal time at Rotherham, I'm reluctant to write anyone off but dear Tyrone has only managed 35 goals in total since 2012-13 over a total of 193 games - about one every 5 to 6 games. As a back-up to Pope, he might be OK but we need someone in the Alex Jones mode to feed off the Pope and Dan Turner just isn't ready for that yet. We need to do better if we can.

I remember us taking anthony grant off them two years ago and he was their highest paid player. Whats your point?

I'll hazard a guess that his point is that we've crashed and burned over the last two years and the trajectory only looks downwards.

Jesus I'd rather have no one!

Montano aside we are going to be one of the slowest sides in the division next season.

I see that it seems pretty much a done deal.

Would you say Barnett will be better then Hooper? if he is Hoopers replacement then i am happy with that..If Pope is Reg's replacement i am happy with that,lets look at positives for once instead of people moaning about every signing

Archived