onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bikey, Eagles & Walker

PureVale

So from what I gather:

GK

Leo Fasan: Unlikely to return to us as wants 1st team football and Brown isn't going to promise it him.

Slinn & Boot: Back ups.

(LINKED WITH)Ben Williams: Seemed like a done deal from what I heard from a member of staff but no announcement?

Defence:

Nathan Smith: Signed up and no bids in as of yet. Smith himself keen to stay unless a big club comes in.

Andre Bikey: Wants a steady wage and a firm contract rather than a small wage and larger appearance fees.

Kjell Knops: Out for at least half the season.

Ben Purkiss: Likely so sign a new contract.

Ryan Taylor: Shopping around to see what offers he can get from bigger clubs.

Adam Yates: Likely to sign on a player/coach basis.

James Gibbons: Likely to be loaned out.

Midfield:

Danny Pugh: Signed on and possible vice-captain behind Pope?

Anthony De Freitas: Still a possibility he could leave if he feels he's isolated personally.

Chris Eagles: Shopping around but still likely to sign unless a big club comes knocking.

Billy Reeves: Signed on and could be steady squad player but needs experience.

Mike Calveley: Back up, probably sent out on loan.

Gezim Shalaj: Likely so sign a years contract as Brown likes his talent but not his last season fitness.

Enoch Andoh: Struggling to get back to anything like fitness after complications. Unlikely to sign but working very hard to try and get back to football.

Michael Brown: I have a feeling he'll stay on as a player just to get his 40year appearance.

(LINKED WITH) Michael Tonge - Lazy journalism I'd imagine and don't see where he fits into midfield with Pugh.

(LINKED WITH) Courtney Richards - Don't know a lot about this but seems a decent player if you can keep him fit.

Forwards:

Tom Pope: Going to need a partner but is a big signing and likely captain.

Anton Forrester: Big year for Anton who looked talented early last season but fitness seemed to destory him.

Dan Turner: Hopefully get a few games here and there but ideally for me 4th choice at best.

(LINKED WITH)Supposedly looking at a high profile striker to partner Pope. We need one desperately.

Advert

So from what I gather:

GK

Leo Fasan: Unlikely to return to us as wants 1st team football and Brown isn't going to promise it him.

(LINKED WITH)Ben Williams: Seemed like a done deal from what I heard from a member of staff but no announcement?

Defence:

Nathan Smith: Signed up and no bids in as of yet. Smith himself keen to stay unless a big club comes in.

Andre Bikey: Wants a steady wage and a firm contract rather than a small wage and larger appearance fees.

Midfield:

Anthony De Freitas: Still a possibility he could leave if he feels he's isolated personally.

Chris Eagles: Shopping around but still likely to sign unless a big club comes knocking.

Gezim Shalaj: Likely so sign a years contract as Brown likes his talent but not his last season fitness.

Enoch Andoh: Struggling to get back to anything like fitness after complications. Unlikely to sign but working very hard to try and get back to football.

Michael Brown: I have a feeling he'll stay on as a player just to get his 40year appearance.

(LINKED WITH) Michael Tonge - Lazy journalism I'd imagine and don't see where he fits into midfield with Pugh.

(LINKED WITH) Courtney Richards - Don't know a lot about this but seems a decent player if you can keep him fit.

Forwards:

Anton Forrester: Big year for Anton who looked talented early last season but fitness seemed to destory him.

Dan Turner: Hopefully get a few games here and there but ideally for me 4th choice at best.

(LINKED WITH)Supposedly looking at a high profile striker to partner Pope. We need one desperately.

After reading that I feel so depressed lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using the onevalefan mobile app

So at present we have got Smith, Pugh and Pope, presuming that Smith doesn't leave and Pugh has still got use of his legs. Looking good.:shutup:

No wonder Brown mentioned us needing about 16 players.

I just hope we can persuade one or two from last year to stay on as I'd rather have a base to build from and not a completely new team but it's beginning to look as if we're heading for a complete rebuild.

So at present we have got Smith, Pugh and Pope, presuming that Smith doesn't leave and Pugh has still got use of his legs. Looking good.:shutup:

No wonder Brown mentioned us needing about 16 players.

I just hope we can persuade one or two from last year to stay on as I'd rather have a base to build from and not a completely new team but it's beginning to look as if we're heading for a complete rebuild.

And don't forget Darren Anderton,, oops i mean Forrester

So from what I gather:

GK

Defence:

Midfield:

Forwards:

Don't have nightmares. Sleep well.

How many coaches do we need?! We've already got Morgan for the defensive coaching.

Purkiss & Yates as the options for right-back immediately smacks of a weak point IMO. Hopefully Gibbons can prove himself in pre-season as the competent, tenacious right-back that he's been described as.

So from what I gather:

GK

Defence:

Midfield:

Forwards:

How depressing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Everyone should chill. Contracts don't end until May so players are in no rush to put pen to paper. We should have a HUGE budget for L2 compared to the size of other clubs,particular given the Bruno signings have all but gone. As we all know money talks and we have it,so patience required while MB goes after quality.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

I've been very encouraged by Brown's comments about transfer dealings so far. We both would have liked to keep Foley but we can't immediately do anything about the div 2 status that caused him to leave. And I'm glad to see that Brown is sensible and strong enough to talk in terms of a fitness related contract for Bikey.

Let's see what squad we have at the start of the season.

Interesting reading Peterborough Chairman Darragh MacAnthony's comments regarding players and agents right now:

A little perspective from me on the 'market' at moment re footballers. Its been a fascinating May so far talking to the many free transfers, many Transfer targets that would need fee paid for them, many agents of players from below and above possibly available.. And ones thing thats for sure is the sudden shift in L1 wage expectations. Some Players from Non League now turning their nose up whereby not so long ago they would walk on hot coals to sign & be sensible about terms built with incentives & improved Basic wage for the step up.. Now some dont even return calls or agents think they can go higher... and their demands way above even the average L1 basic wage for lads who've never played in the Football League. Many are on less then 1k per week and the opening gambit now from agents is contracts worth 3 times this lol..

Re league players who have are out of contract/released its even worse with now wage demands getting out of hand/control for players who have not done anything yet in game/would be deemed as a Punt, many under age of 24 (so plenty time to make their fortunes).

Prem Youngsters released/not wanted by prem clubs where they are on 600 or 700 quid per week now instantly expecting/demanding 2.5k per week deals and more having yet played 50 games of mens football.. But then again this is May with hundreds of footballers about to be released, June onwards should/will see some common sense/reality set in for lots of them and their demands. Right now its fun and games and many funny conversations with agents... the tide soon turns... has to turn or our game at our level will see many casualties going forward if some clubs keep falling for these ridiculous demands. A good football club with good recruitment plan is based on signing the right characters who want success/growth/improvement & understand that the big money comes after and not before... 'Ambition over Greed' is our mantra & something we went away from last year but something we will stand firm on this year with our young and hungry policy. We have plenty experienced players but lot of talented young players including ones we will recruit this summer and with this our one and only aim is to grow into winners on and off the field.

The Boyds, McLeans, CMS'S, Tomlins, Taylors, Bennetts, Gayles, Britts & Washingtons epitomized our mantra & didn't worry about over top contracts until they had brought success to our club and themselves.. and regardless of current climate, trust me when I say, there are plenty more of the above characters out there.. and its our Job to find them/sign them/improve them.

Just me perspective

Thanks

Darragh

Seems like they hold the power now and would demand crazy wages, whereas closer to July/August the balance shifts and players become desperate to get signed up.

Patience required!

Exactly what I just said on another thread. It's way too early to be even thinking about starting to get worried about the lack of signings. Right now we should be looking at players that we want at all costs (eg. Pope).

Next round is to find players that suit us, but I'm sure we will have a few options at each position. Final round of signings is either players that we thought were out of range and wouldn't fall to us, or players that are there to make up a squad.

It's a long summer in some respects. We just have to wait for things to play out. People don't panic!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived