onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Fosse69

If Brown plays the same team as fri Oxford will smash us .

As soon as Sheffield Utd scored the first goal he should have taken Kiko off immediately he left him on all game and he contributed to the second and third goals going in aswell and maybe Eagles as well as he didnt do his defensive job but personally he is of no use left wing ,wing half anyway .

I saw v Wimbledon Hooper doing the same where just letting players run into a massive empty space and not doing a team job for the team .

Id play Eagles has he has a bit of magic but it has to be in a free role and as long as Turner and Cecelia defend from the front hopefully the team ive selected can score a goal then its down to basics like keeping ya shape ,tackling and not giving the opposition a sniff.

If Taylor ,Kiko ,Pugh and Hooper r selected im going switch my phone off and not bother keeping up with the score as they have shown they do not have the ability ,the pace and the heart to make the Vale fanbase anytime happy .

If u cannot do your jobs and u aint capable u have to be replaced its as simple as that ,if i went work and did nothing id rightly be fired .

I want hear that Vale were hungry and delighted the travelling faithful ,not they were tired or injured,look at Spurs magnificent generally very high level of energy and movement every game .

Movement being the main thing as there young players r running twice as hard get the ball back and when they have the ball everyone knows how to pass and move,brilliant id say .

When we struggle throw the ball to one of our own players and players have no poise and r not passing and moving then u have to wonder r there hearts really in it because they r professional footballers and should be able to do it .

UTV

Eagles was playing just behind Cicilia and shouldn't have had a defensive role, that was Pughs job.

Advert

Brown will go with the same 11 again and be super cautious. One up front with little back up from the rest of the team. Possibly register 3 shots - all off target. Please prove me totally wrong Vale players.

Oxford will get the first goal and then shut up shop and we will loose again. The match officials will miss a lot of fouls on Vale players and no doubt we will pick up the usual injury to a Vale player and have to change things which wont help the team.

The fans will be awesome and support the team.

Mehmet

Streete

Bikey

Smith

Taylor

Foley

De Freitas

Amoros

Kiko

Eagles

Cicilia

Subs:

Turner

Reeves

Fasan

+ 4 crap players

Kiko? means 1 or 2 goals for Oxford?

Cicilia? means 0 goals for the Vale?

Likely result : Oxford 1. Vale 0.

Hoping that I am wrong and Oxford 1 Vale 2.

Sat in the hotel having wandered around Oxfordshire dreamy spires. We will win tomorrow and again Saturday. Oxford 1 Vale 3 and Vale 1 Bolton 0. Simples.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

I hope you're right but I'm just 30mins away in Stow-on-the-Wold and I can't be bothered to go! Now I know what it must have felt like waiting for the executioner to show when you're sitting on death row.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

It was lower in the 60s, when we knew that, no matter how well we did in the League we would have to seek re-election, with that worry that other clubs might have made a scapegoat of us - even though I'm pretty sure many of them were guiltier than us - they just never got found out?

I beg to differ - as we had the considerable insurance of having Sir Stanley Matthews as manager at the time of the administrative errors (for that is all they were - and were only found out because they were recorded and not done as 'bungs').

Nobody ever thought we would not be re-elected, as Sir Stan was considered a legend, and the vote was massively in favour of Vale.

There was misplaced but definite optimism at the rime that all these younstsers Sir Stan was bringing would make Vale great, sadly it did not happen - but morale was not rock bottom by any means.

It was around this time also, maybe the next season, that Vale had such a good youth team that they got to the QFs of the FA Youth Cup and whilst attracting 3000 for league games, got an 11000-plus crowd for a home tie with Scunthorpe in the Youth Cup.

So I would contend that things did not actually seem so bad then.

For any fan believing that we will get anything from these remaining games dream on , this squad couldn't take advantage of a free buffet .

Play the younger lads , nowt to lose now . We are going down with a whimper and what will be the worst goal diff in the div . Awful decisions by smurf , his time is up , cheerio .

Give the kids a run out to give them some experience as they will be playing every week next season with our toy town budget .

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

It was a tad dodgy for us David, but as you say Stanley Matthews was the key to getting us re-elected.

Like so many 'great ides' - then and now - we can say 'What if?'

It was an idea ahead of its time - the infrastructure to support Sir Stan was not there.

These days a move like that would be accompanied by huge sponsorship deals, financing and publicity and Sir Stan would be on The League Show, TV and radio all the time - the rest would follow.

Such a pity - I was lucky enough to meet the great man, a true gentleman at a match where I was shown round the ground - just after he had been appointed and was in such awe as a quiet starstruck lad still at school that I didn't even think to get his autograph.

Like many of the greatest footballers (Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore and others) he was not a success as manager, and it took someone as different as is possible in Gordon Lee to provide our next success.

It was an idea ahead of its time - the infrastructure to support Sir Stan was not there.

These days a move like that would be accompanied by huge sponsorship deals, financing and publicity and Sir Stan would be on The League Show, TV and radio all the time - the rest would follow.

Such a pity - I was lucky enough to meet the great man, a true gentleman at a match where I was shown round the ground - just after he had been appointed and was in such awe as a quiet starstruck lad still at school that I didn't even think to get his autograph.

Like many of the greatest footballers (Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore and others) he was not a success as manager, and it took someone as different as is possible in Gordon Lee to provide our next success.

What aload of rubbish. The man was as bad as Smurf.How can you praise a guy that through his crooked ambitions almost lost us our league status,

Lots of advocates for a 3 5 2, not for the first time but definitely a change in the wind. Will anyone at the club listen?

The point is, we've won ONE single game away from home all season and people are, quite rightly, sick to death of seeing the same tactics yielding the same outcome. The very definition of insanity. So 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 is just a different set-up that hasn't been tried yet....and what's the worst that could happen, we lose?!? IMO this should actually have been tried after the Sheffield Utd away game, as it was a plain as the nose on your face that day we were going to get little joy away from home.

Archived