onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Fosse69

What aload of rubbish. The man was as bad as Smurf.How can you praise a guy that through his crooked ambitions almost lost us our league status,

Wow - are you talking about Sir Stanley Matthews, who was manager not owner so can harly be compared to Smurf?

If you bother to do some research, you will see that there was NO crooked ambition, just plain bad administration and book-keeping, which Sir Stan may or may not have even seen.

I still have scrapbooks with many detailed articles from the time, and it is clear that some of the charges only came to light because the payments in question were recorded in the clubs books - hardly the actions of anyone (manager, secretary or whoever) with 'crooked ambitions' but plainly complete naivety and a dash of stupidity. Nothing more.

I would guess that Matthews didn't have much to do with contracts and bonuses and things like that as he was run off his feet scouting, training and generally doing a load of other things.

A hideously nasty post based on nothing more than ignorance and certainly no proof.

Advert

What aload of rubbish. The man was as bad as Smurf.How can you praise a guy that through his crooked ambitions almost lost us our league status,

As bad as Smurf ? You don't know your football clubs history.

Wow - are you talking about Sir Stanley Matthews, who was manager not owner so can harly be compared to Smurf?

If you bother to do some research, you will see that there was NO crooked ambition, just plain bad administration and book-keeping, which Sir Stan may or may not have even seen.

I still have scrapbooks with many detailed articles from the time, and it is clear that some of the charges only came to light because the payments in question were recorded in the clubs books - hardly the actions of anyone (manager, secretary or whoever) with 'crooked ambitions' but plainly complete naivety and a dash of stupidity. Nothing more.

I would guess that Matthews didn't have much to do with contracts and bonuses and things like that as he was run off his feet scouting, training and generally doing a load of other things.

A hideously nasty post based on nothing more than ignorance and certainly no proof.

He was a greedy sod... not the white night you hero worshiped.

Remember years ago driving to watch Vale at the manor ground think Lee Mills scored cant remember the score though but i did remember it was a lovely drive down to there .

Such a shame that few will go today as in the main ive enjoyed my awaydays at Oxford .

Was last time we played them promotion season when Loft scored a stunner we lost 2-1 though as Darren Purse had a mare ,that was a fab day on the fun bus .

Ive just looked at our goal difference -22 oh dear not good at all .

We need go for it hope the away fans who do go c Vale playing a new system a brave way as nothing less than 3 points today just to keep the fans interested for sat will do .

We have nothing lose now the players just need relax now and play with freedom .

Id go but ive just finished a night shift and im back in tonight double lieu single pay

Hoping the score is going be a good one but i fear the worst as we r incapable of playing for 90 mins .

In my opinion under Bruno we were a 25 minute team .

Under Brown we r a max 45 min team .

We havent shown the energy ,committment ,desire and will for a whole 90 mins all season .

We r where we r for a reason ,after fri early giveaway goal in such a important game to build the reputation of PVFC ( we needed get the first goal so to concede so early was criminal),i dont trust the players .

Proof me wrong ,or as i should imagine right and if thats the case then u have to wonder why u would want to represent us at all .

Relegation to league 2 will finish our club in my opinion so u have 360 mins plus injury time to change that .

UTV

Remember years ago driving to watch Vale at the manor ground think Lee Mills scored cant remember the score though but i did remember it was a lovely drive down to there .

Such a shame that few will go today as in the main ive enjoyed my awaydays at Oxford .

Was last time we played them promotion season when Loft scored a stunner we lost 2-1 though as Darren Purse had a mare ,that was a fab day on the fun bus .

Ive just looked at our goal difference -22 oh dear not good at all .

We need go for it hope the away fans who do go c Vale playing a new system a brave way as nothing less than 3 points today just to keep the fans interested for sat will do .

We have nothing lose now the players just need relax now and play with freedom .

Id go but ive just finished a night shift and im back in tonight double lieu single pay

Hoping the score is going be a good one but i fear the worst as we r incapable of playing for 90 mins .

In my opinion under Bruno we were a 25 minute team .

Under Brown we r a max 45 min team .

We havent shown the energy ,committment ,desire and will for a whole 90 mins all season .

We r where we r for a reason ,after fri early giveaway goal in such a important game to build the reputation of PVFC ( we needed get the first goal so to concede so early was criminal),i dont trust the players .

Proof me wrong ,or as i should imagine right and if thats the case then u have to wonder why u would want to represent us at all .

Relegation to league 2 will finish our club in my opinion so u have 360 mins plus injury time to change that .

UTV

On my way down today, second time but never went to the old manor ground, I believe we lost the last match away to these (at least the one I went to last!)

I agree it's extremely important that we try to show at least a bit of fighting effort but I honestly think it'll take more than relegation to league 2 to kill our club. (obviously it'll do us no good!) We've gone up and down, back up then down again, had administration placed upon us but we've always bounced back.

I do think that if the club isn't either sold in the next season or the ship steadied, we may be heading the same way as Tranmere did (hopefully not stockport)

Love your enthusiastic posts about the club though, keep the faith and UTV

Sent from my SM-G935F using the onevalefan mobile app

Brown will go with the same 11 again and be super cautious. One up front with little back up from the rest of the team. Possibly register 3 shots - all off target. Please prove me totally wrong Vale players.

Oxford will get the first goal and then shut up shop and we will loose again. The match officials will miss a lot of fouls on Vale players and no doubt we will pick up the usual injury to a Vale player and have to change things which wont help the team.

The fans will be awesome and support the team.

If he goes with the same again, you know what we'll get - NOTHING

I just hope he plays Eagles in a free attacking role, pushes Foley on. I see no other threat unless either Smith or Streete (if he plays) score from a set-piece. Come on Mr Brown give it a go. No more negative lack lustre slipping to defeat quietly efforts. :lecture:

If he goes with the same again, you know what we'll get - NOTHING

I just hope he plays Eagles in a free attacking role, pushes Foley on. I see no other threat unless either Smith or Streete (if he plays) score from a set-piece. Come on Mr Brown give it a go. No more negative lack lustre slipping to defeat quietly efforts. :lecture:

We have got to give it a go,nothing to lose now,if he is negative in his tactics again i will be fuming

Last chance to make a fight if it today. Lose and results go against us, hello league 2.

I'm going for a 0-0/1-1 which will just keep the agony going for another week.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Archived