onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Off to Oxford for hopefully a Tale of the Unexpected. A unexpected win, with an unexpected team, in an unexpected formation. Attack with Eagles behind the striker to put the Easter eggs into the net. Time is running out, que sera, sera.

Advert

Mehmet

Taylor / Gibbons

Smith

Streete

Bikey

Tanser

Foley

Amaros

De Freitas

Eagles

Cecilia

Almost agree but you've got no chance of seeing Amoros in that team. So stick Pugh in his place and that's probably what I'd go for. My patience has finally run out with Hooper, after a really lazy, disinterested performance yesterday.

Almost agree but you've got no chance of seeing Amoros in that team. So stick Pugh in his place and that's probably what I'd go for. My patience has finally run out with Hooper, after a really lazy, disinterested performance yesterday.

He won't play 3 5 2 so its all pointless. Itll be 4 5 1

Mehmet

Taylor

Smith

Streete

Tanser

Foley

Pugh

Eagles

Hooper

De Freitas

Cecilia

Hard to see us getting much from these remaining games, but I think it may go down to the last day.

I hope Brown tries something different for once, because we seem to do the same thing every week away & to watch it really is predictable & just awful.

My patience has finally run out with Hooper, after a really lazy, disinterested performance yesterday.

Unfortunately I have to agree that you're spot on there. I was hoping for better things from Hooper and even though he's a fish out of water on the wing his efforts are dire, it's like playing with 10 men, he doesn't even chase back or try to close the opposition full back down.

This has to be the game where we go for it 'win or bust'. With the repeated failure of trying to keep it tight and play on the break with one up top the approach has to change. One point will still see us behind Bury given our chronic goal difference so we have to try and win. Very tough and a tall order but fortune follows the brave so I'd go for a 4-4-2 start with eyes on a gung-ho 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 change if necessary. I wouldn't sit back to 'defend' a lead either as we can't do that as proven throughout the season. I'd be looking at a starting line up of something like

Mehmet (on the basis of little choice!)

Taylor

Bikey

Smith

Kiko (on the basis that although he's hopeless defensively he's probably better than Tanser, which is like saying AIDS is better than the Black Death)

Eagles

Foley

Pugh

De Freitas (has always impressed me on the left, his best position IMO)

Big Veg

Turner (big ask & risk but the lad has genuine potential and might just do the business. He can't be worse than Hooper's recent contributions anyway.)

Somehow though I think Browny will be over cautious again and start with one up front.

Bikey was our second best player yesterday after Nathan despite carrying a noticeable injury throughout the game. However will he be fit enough to play again on Monday. Although Streete was on the bench Brown didn't trust him. I would bring Amoros and Turner in for Hooper and Pugh. I'd play Eagles in the number 10 role and then hope for a miracle.

He won't play 3 5 2 so its all pointless. Itll be 4 5 1

Mehmet

Taylor

Smith

Streete

Tanser

Foley

Pugh

Eagles

Hooper

De Freitas

Cecilia

Cecilia: 26 league appearances - 4 goals. Although he's not good enough, he has not had a decent player along side him often enough and assists have been few.

A lone striker who can't score. What chance of a goal is there with that formation.

A team obviously has to score to win. I'd love a win at Oxford and hope that good fortune somehow provides a goal. But....?

Cecilia: 26 league appearances - 4 goals. Although he's not good enough, he has not had a decent player along side him often enough and assists have been few.

A lone striker who can't score. What chance of a goal is there with that formation.

A team obviously has to score to win. I'd love a win at Oxford and hope that good fortune somehow provides a goal. But....?

Alot more chance than 4 4 2 or 4 5 1.

Unfortunately I have to agree that you're spot on there. I was hoping for better things from Hooper and even though he's a fish out of water on the wing his efforts are dire, it's like playing with 10 men, he doesn't even chase back or try to close the opposition full back down.

This has to be the game where we go for it 'win or bust'. With the repeated failure of trying to keep it tight and play on the break with one up top the approach has to change. One point will still see us behind Bury given our chronic goal difference so we have to try and win. Very tough and a tall order but fortune follows the brave so I'd go for a 4-4-2 start with eyes on a gung-ho 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 change if necessary. I wouldn't sit back to 'defend' a lead either as we can't do that as proven throughout the season. I'd be looking at a starting line up of something like

Mehmet (on the basis of little choice!)

Taylor

Bikey

Smith

Kiko (on the basis that although he's hopeless defensively he's probably better than Tanser, which is like saying AIDS is better than the Black Death)

Eagles

Foley

Pugh

De Freitas (has always impressed me on the left, his best position IMO)

Big Veg

Turner (big ask & risk but the lad has genuine potential and might just do the business. He can't be worse than Hooper's recent contributions anyway.)

Somehow though I think Browny will be over cautious again and start with one up front.

I think Tanser has been harshly treated by some, think people are judging him that he came from Rochdale reserves rather than what he has done in games. For me he has not been that bad, people saying Kiko is good going forward, I don't see it, at Chesterfield Tanser was on the pitch 2 minutes and put more dangerous balls in. Tanser did well at Southend away in one of the better away performances we had under Brown.

Mehmet

Streete

Smith

Bikey

Gibbons (WB)

Pugh (WB)

Taylor

Foley

Reeves

Eagles

Turner

The only sub I am interested in is Cecilia to come on to make an impact if we need it. Yes I know I am suggesting we start with Gibbons Reeves and Turner, but one thing is certain they will run and run and run, they all have ability and we have nothing to lose, the experienced players have not done it.

Turner's pace will worry defenders and could open some space for Eagles, Foley and Reeves to get forward.

Nice thought, but this team will not take the field that is for sure

The team I'd go for. 3-5-2 would be ideal but not sure we have 3 fully-fit centre halves.

Mehmet

Taylor-streete-smith-tanser

Eagles-foley-amoros-de freitas

Reggie-turner

(may be premature for streete but I can't see bikey making 2 games in short time period- a shame because he's been very sold and commanding)

Agree, although Bikey couldn't run, he used his huge frame to fend off any opposition. All the goals came from Kiko being left for dead and he should not play in that position again. A difficult decision in defence as Bikey obviously not fit but uses his experience, Streete hasn't been fit since his injury in January and Purkiss probably not fit for Monday. I would probably go for Taylor Bikey Smith and Tanser with Foley Pugh and De Freitas in midfield then Eagles Reg and Turner/ Hooper upfront.

Archived