onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Our current match day squad has one, yes one, fit, league one standard player.

Nathan Smith.

Two or three half fit L1 players.

The rest nowhere near the required standard.

Sorry for the gloomy post, but that is the reality.

I have no hope whatsoever

Smithy not been fully fit for 10 games maybe.....

Advert

Could they produce a miracle at Oxford? Highly unlikely , but Ive got a strange feeling that we could get our 2nd away win by means of a flukey og or something . Think I'll have a lie down now. 2-1 Port Vale? Hoping against hope in Houston.

UTV

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Let's hope so !!We cannot afford to go down,as fans will show Smurf no mercy !!

It would help morale though, which has never been lower in all the time I have been supporting the club (first game seen 1961).

It was lower in the 60s, when we knew that, no matter how well we did in the League we would have to seek re-election, with that worry that other clubs might have made a scapegoat of us - even though I'm pretty sure many of them were guiltier than us - they just never got found out?

There's still other clubs worrying like we are. One win, or a couple of draws, might be enough!

The other clubs do have the ability to score a goal though, something that seems alien to our strikers and midfield.

The other clubs do have the ability to score a goal though, something that seems alien to our strikers and midfield.

If he will ditch the couple of players who dont seem to give a **** for ones(even if they are young)who will give 100% then if results go our way then one win might be enough BUT i personally think it will take 2,sadly on recent performances i just cant see it.

Get a point tomorrow and it would make Saturday a crucial game for both teams and as Oldham showed,with the right mentality its one we COULD win

If Brown plays the same team as fri Oxford will smash us .

As soon as Sheffield Utd scored the first goal he should have taken Kiko off immediately he left him on all game and he contributed to the second and third goals going in aswell and maybe Eagles as well as he didnt do his defensive job but personally he is of no use left wing ,wing half anyway .

I saw v Wimbledon Hooper doing the same where just letting players run into a massive empty space and not doing a team job for the team .

Id play Eagles has he has a bit of magic but it has to be in a free role and as long as Turner and Cecelia defend from the front hopefully the team ive selected can score a goal then its down to basics like keeping ya shape ,tackling and not giving the opposition a sniff.

If Taylor ,Kiko ,Pugh and Hooper r selected im going switch my phone off and not bother keeping up with the score as they have shown they do not have the ability ,the pace and the heart to make the Vale fanbase anytime happy .

If u cannot do your jobs and u aint capable u have to be replaced its as simple as that ,if i went work and did nothing id rightly be fired .

I want hear that Vale were hungry and delighted the travelling faithful ,not they were tired or injured,look at Spurs magnificent generally very high level of energy and movement every game .

Movement being the main thing as there young players r running twice as hard get the ball back and when they have the ball everyone knows how to pass and move,brilliant id say .

When we struggle throw the ball to one of our own players and players have no poise and r not passing and moving then u have to wonder r there hearts really in it because they r professional footballers and should be able to do it .

UTV

Archived