onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Oxford United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Vale are due for a win away fvrom home, we might get it today. One of our strikers are due to score, they might score one today.

Our defence is due for a clean sheet. They might get one today.

The team is due for a shake up. Brown might start Reeves & Turner.

Fans are due for something to cheer about. Might be today.

Vale need to climb out of the bottom four. Might be today.

Fans need to be optimistic even when the chips are down.

Oxford 0-Vale 1. Then, Vale 1-Bolton 0.

Vale are due for a win away fvrom home, we might get it today. One of our strikers are due to score, they might score one today.

Our defence is due for a clean sheet. They might get one today.

The team is due for a shake up. Brown might start Reeves & Turner.

Fans are due for something to cheer about. Might be today.

Vale need to climb out of the bottom four. Might be today.

Fans need to be optimistic even when the chips are down.

Oxford 0-Vale 1. Then, Vale 1-Bolton 0.

Always thought we were Mighty Vale not Might Be....

He won't play 3 5 2 so its all pointless. Itll be 4 5 1

Mehmet

Taylor

Smith

Streete

Tanser

Foley

Pugh

Eagles

Hooper

De Freitas

Cecilia

Almost got it perfect with my negative team selection. Apart from I put in the more experienced and better ADF instead of Reeves who isnt ready to start.

FML

There are a few changes which are welcome but I thought he might mix it up a bit more and change the formation slightly.

Tanser for Kiko was obvious.

Purkiss out so Taylor moves back.

I doubt Bikey can do another game so quickly after playing 90 minutes injured on Friday, so let's hope that Streete survives.

I'd hoped he'd stick Eagles just behind the strikers and play two strikers centrally (Turner, though he's gone for JJ).

Let's hope they do tweak it and try to get forward more but I suspect it might be 'more of the same' with poor Reg on his own, Eagles and JJ on the wings and only Foley trying to support the lone striker.

I thought De Freitas was worthy of consideration today as well.

I guess that's why we are not managers.

The very least we need today is 100% effort, commitment and concentration from everyone. In my view we had only 3-4 in that category last week and we need 9-10 today.

There are a few changes which are welcome but I thought he might mix it up a bit more and change the formation slightly.

Tanser for Kiko was obvious.

Purkiss out so Taylor moves back.

I doubt Bikey can do another game so quickly after playing 90 minutes injured on Friday, so let's hope that Streete survives.

I'd hoped he'd stick Eagles just behind the strikers and play two strikers centrally (Turner, though he's gone for JJ).

Let's hope they do tweak it and try to get forward more but I suspect it might be 'more of the same' with poor Reg on his own, Eagles and JJ on the wings and only Foley trying to support the lone striker.

I thought De Freitas was worthy of consideration today as well.

I guess that's why we are not managers.

The very least we need today is 100% effort, commitment and concentration from everyone. In my view we had only 3-4 in that category last week and we need 9-10 today.

Neither is Brown by the looks of things.

Really hope to be proven wrong but that team hasnt been good enough for the last 4 games, so why is it playing again?

He was a greedy sod... not the white night you hero worshiped.

Tell me more, I am genuinely interested. Not a very nice slur on the man's reputation, but I'm all ears for more information.

The man never earned much in most of his football career, and certainly never took much, if anything from Vale. Remember there was the maximum wage for most of his career, especially when he was at his peak in the mid 1950's.

He actually helped Vale raise money by agreeing to a string of friendly matches that he appeared in knowing that large-ish crowds would appear to see him play for possibly one of his last games.

I didn't hero worship him, I said he was a gentleman and willing to spend time with the fans and be patient and courteous, sadly he did not turn out to be a success as a manager.

But he tried hard and worked very hard and long to help the club he supported as a boy, and unless you know something most people don't he was most definitely not greedy at Vale's expense.

That donkey up front is only 3/1 to score anytime, amazingly conservative odds. Should be 30/1.

Forget betting, I'll make a donation to charity at 5pm if he manages to control a football and score a goal.

Archived