onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite

Beza

Advert

Try reading my post before you reply. Where did I say I wanted Smurf to stay? I didn't, I said I wanted him out as much as the next person. The trouble is if you dare to air an opinion that goes against the grain you get the usual suspects jumping on the bandwagon calling you a Smurf lover, as you proved. You went as far as making stuff up that I didn't even post.

As for Synetics, running a football club isn't the same as running a business. Very few clubs make a profit outside of the Premier League, most require large amounts of money to be ploughed in by the owners to keep the club going. Is there any proof that Synetics have that amount of cash? Running a football club is a completely different kettle of fish to running a football club. As for them being Vale fans, yeah remind me what happened the last time Vale fans ran the club? That's irrelevant.

I'll repeat what I said previously, I want Smurf out. The club has gone downhill rapidly since he took over solely. But there's no point in getting him out unless there is a plan for replacing him. We forced Bill Bell out and got lumbered with V2001. We forced Jackson and Meigh out and got Deakin and Miller. We forced them out and nearly got Keith Ryder. We eventually got Smurf and Wildes who started off well then went downhill rapidly.

We've lumbered from disaster to disaster and it wouldn't surprise me if most fans wish we'd never got rid of Bill Bell in the first place. I'm not saying that we should use this as an excuse to support Smurf, you'd have to be blinkered to draw that assumption from my post. I'm saying unless we have a plan to replace him, we could potentially lumber from one disaster to another as we've been doing since 2002.

we didn't get rid of Bill Bell, the tax man put us into administration

Nothing Jean,i was just asking a question.

I think it would be nice for fans to know their plans BUT it would also be nice to know Normans plans too

I can't actually understand why any group of American investors would be interested in buying a lower league English football club with a rapidly diminishing supporter base and major competition from a Premier League team on the doorstep. Makes no sense to me.

Obviously things have gone badly wrong this season. But there is still a chance we will be in league 1 if a couple of wins can be dug from somewhere. Smurf has suffered because his financial plans must be badly off target. It was clearly a misjudgement in the summer with the management appointment, but it did not seem so when we drew at Bradford on day one. I can't figure where we are now. If Smurf stays a big rationalization is going to be needed to sort out the management of the club and the vast number of players on the books. In recent weeks Brown has brought in experienced players to try to stay up, but because he has not been able to find a goalscorer nor prevent individual errors we look more likely than not to go down. We just have to work through another bad period and hope some salvation emerges again.

I can't actually understand why any group of American investors would be interested in buying a lower league English football club with a rapidly diminishing supporter base and major competition from a Premier League team on the doorstep. Makes no sense to me.

To me it only makes sense if there is an asset to be stripped or it's part of a plan for money laundering (placement, layering, integration).

Obviously things have gone badly wrong this season. But there is still a chance we will be in league 1 if a couple of wins can be dug from somewhere. Smurf has suffered because his financial plans must be badly off target. It was clearly a misjudgement in the summer with the management appointment, but it did not seem so when we drew at Bradford on day one.

That was the luckiest point we've got in many a day.

Just a small point. Which I have made many times before. Norman bagged 350K for Jak and Grant. Plus a ton for the youth player we sold to city. Plus 200k in exclusivity fees. That is 650k. Then there is the increased value of Smudger. Zero start of the year at least 2 million now. So he is in profit. For this year.

Just a small point. Which I have made many times before. Norman bagged 350K for Jak and Grant. Plus a ton for the youth player we sold to city. Plus 200k in exclusivity fees. That is 650k. Then there is the increased value of Smudger. Zero start of the year at least 2 million now. So he is in profit. For this year.

No he has wasted that paying useless players to sit on the bench and Browns new signings.The man is clueless about running a football club and is living the n cuckoo land if he thinks he can get his money back.

Why have 4 people paid 50k (that's another 200k in his pocket) to see the books and not followed through.

No he has wasted that paying useless players to sit on the bench and Browns new signings.The man is clueless about running a football club and is living the n cuckoo land if he thinks he can get his money back.

Why have 4 people paid 50k (that's another 200k in his pocket) to see the books and not followed through.

I nearly followed through when I saw the amount we owed Norman in the last accounts, perhaps it had the same affect on them.

Archived