onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite

Beza

Can't and won't sugar coat it.

Didn't ask you to Ray. I just don't think you're the right guy for that show. Using words like 'suicidal' for a team selection prior to one of our biggest games of the season doesn't show an ounce of positivity. You've been saying we're going down all season. Sometimes when I hear you talk on there I think you'd rather be right than for us to stay up.

I agree with some of the things you say, but I don't think your views set the correct tone. I suppose that's for Radio Stoke to decide whether you're the right guy or not.

Advert

What do you want him to do? Lie? When we're doing well, Ray gets right behind us. When we're atrocious, he comes across as genuinely disappointed. Besides, he was really optimistic about our chances yesterday, predicting a 2-0 Vale win.

I didn't listen to the pre-game show, I was in the pub in Oxford. I listened to Praise & Grumble afterwards and thought that Ray actually came across well last night. As I say in my above post, calling team selections 'suicidal' is poor form. I want to be gee'd up before a match by the local media. For me, Ray doesn't do that. His analysis is often focused on the negatives as opposed to the admittedly few positives.

Can't and won't sugar coat it.

I as a fan for 60 odd years do not want you to sugar coat it at all we all speak from the heart about the vale and we all want a team to be proud of.But you did it for me yesterday by dare suggesting that we could be a feeder club for that lot down the road how dare you even go there,all my family are vale and always will be i will never support a club who is being used a training ground for the bet 365 five lot.

What difference will it make it ray tells lies and hides the truth that we are **** on the radio before a game no ******** positive speech will help the team to somehow score a goal

If I was u ray I would say a lot more what's going on at our club

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I'd quite like Norman to leave. I don't really care how.

I have no confidence that he won't make the same mistakes again this summer that he just under made a year ago.

I really hope that Saturday will be the last game at Vale Park under his chairmanship and that come August someone new will own the club. Because it's getting to the point now where it's either me or him.

I have no confidence that he won't make the same mistakes again this summer that he just under made a year ago.

I really hope that Saturday will be the last game at Vale Park under his chairmanship and that come August someone new will own the club. Because it's getting to the point now where it's either me or him.

You're not the only one thinking that.

Perhaps we could start a sticker casmpaign

With a new owner in place it will be a summer of uncertainty, total upheaval, a dive into the unknown.

With Norman Smurthwaite in charge it will be a summer of uncertainty, total upheaval, a dive into the unknown.

The difference is that with a new owner it would spring fresh life in the garden. New hope would dawn. Fresh atmosphere and buzz around the place.

With Norman Smurthwaite in charge the grey cloud gets greyer. The garden loses a few more plants. No hope would be offered because of previous doings. Gates would be in the 2000s. Season ticket sale season would be at an all time low. And the buzz would be sapped out of the fans.

I suspect until it turns real nasty that he will stay silent, killing the club slowly.

And it's all well and good for supporters moaning at other supporters who aren't attending and won't attend. You really need to understand the situation more.

I haven't missed a first game of the season in 23 years but if this man is in charge next season, I'm sorry but I will not go anywhere near Vale Park. Not only has he managed to make the match day experience the most grim I've ever known but he's done it in such a manner that makes my blood boil.

3.7 million quid blown on bad decision after bad decision and all the while fooling some of you that it's out of his "sweetie jar".

If he stays in the summer, it will be another poor managerial appointment, more garbage players because decent players wouldn't come near here and more of the clubs money blown, that we don't have but have to pay him back.

Holding the club to ransom and its fans.

If you still support this man, you seriously are many tiles short of a roof.

Archived