onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite

Beza

WV I appreciate that nobody in the history of the universe has ever made a point that you didn't want to immediately start arguing against but do you really think it is sensible for the Chairman's daughter to start getting into arguments with customers of a failing business on Twitter.

The owner shouldn't have a Twitter account. His daughters/sons should be private or deliberately Vale related.

He shouldn't have the SMURF account on here.

He shouldn't be coming on here as PENNY BLACK and on another club's forum under another guise, more on that later.

All communication from the club should be coming out on the official website, and shared with RS/Sentinel/Knot FM/Signal/OVF on letterheaded paper with a distinctive and consistent style, font and tone; Or, stuff released on the club's official social media accounts, written in the same, professional, consistent style.

Professionalism, dignity, decorum, and poise. Even Stoke Audi can do it.

I didn't even argue the point I was just surprised that people are surprised Smurfs daughter would defend their dad to the hilt. Like I said if it outrages you just unfollow her.

I agree with you that he shouldn't have the SMURF account on here and I agree with the rest of your post.

Advert

Couldn't give a flying toss what comes out of Smurfs mouth to be honest. I just want go watch some half decent football being played on a Saturday.

Rob Page = ****

Bruno = ****

brown = ****

Just appoint a half decent manager please Smurf. Thanks.

Here's the issue mate.

As long as Smurf is in charge you ain't going to see half decent football. Please take an interest in off the field matters, and you'll reap the rewards on the field.

She is entitled to her opinion on whatever medium she likes, surely? She is not employed by the club, if Vale fans don't like what she is saying then it is very easy to click 'unfollow' no?

If you think supporters will just ignore and click the unfollow button then you really are misguided. People don't work like that, in any walk of life. For example :- Why aren't you ignoring people's opinions on here?......

Knowing current emotions and viewpoints on her family's stewardship of this club, she should think twice and then think again before posting anything. Smurthwaite Ignorance Inflaming situations once again

Answered you once. Just unfollow her if it enrages you so much Melv.

You didn't answer the question though.

I don't follow her I read what was posted by her here and on FB.

In what way has what she has just done HELPED the situation?

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 12.39.01.jpg

Normans daughter is entitled to her opinion her utterances on facebook and twitter weren't ment to be helpful she was just following her fathers line.If you remember when he took over he said that he became self employed because he found it difficult to take orders which says it all.Over the years that has become a self serving trait as not able to take advice either which an intelligent business man when embarking on a new venture avails himself of information which is for his own future benefit as well as the businesses.Football supporters want to see exciting football and progression by the club it isn't just watching 22 men kicking a bag of wind about it's watching your team winning league games and cup ties progression onward and upward through the football pyramid structure which when achieved gives heart to the supporters and finance to the clubs owners which enables them to progress to the next step,it isn't something that is out of reach,well run clubs do it every season but Port Vale are in decline going in the opposite direction and it's that which is causing friction and anguish amongst the clubs supporters.

Smurfs daughter isn't making friends on twitter.....she says,we wont be forced out,just so you know,enjoy your chants

What is she doing getting involved on Vale's future on Twitter ? OK, she is entitled to an opinion, but really not a good sensible idea to wind fans up even more.

I don't think she is ugly by the way, that remark was a little uncalled for when made on here, but is far better with her lips firmly closed. :smile:

I didn't even argue the point I was just surprised that people are surprised Smurfs daughter would defend their dad to the hilt. Like I said if it outrages you just unfollow her.

I agree with you that he shouldn't have the SMURF account on here and I agree with the rest of your post.

Spot on.

If people come up against opposite opinions in today's world they usually ban them.

Spot on.

If people come up against opposite opinions in today's world they usually ban them.

Bit hard to do when she's blaming fans for the club's demise. Some 'opinions' need to be challenged, especially when they're held so close to the man who runs the club.

Spot on.

There is a big difference between saying someone is ill-advised, ill-informed and unhelpful (not to mention being used by a parent probably) and banning them.

She can say what she likes, nobody has said ban her - your usual tactic of putting words into others mouths won't work this time.

People have rightly pointed out, in my view, that there is little to be gained for her, the club, Smurf or anyone else from her remarks, but she is entitled to make herself look daft, after all it runs in the family it seems.

Archived