onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite

Beza

Do we really need another post saying the thread says the same thing. It's getting really boring now.:laugh:

Yes we do, when he grows up and starts acting like a proper chairman and runs the club properly, the posts and threads will cease.

Since wasting people's time with pointless posts & threads is your thing, your opinion doesn't count.

Advert

I thought I was the only one who wished MC had bought the club.

I wonder if Mo would have been serving yesterday?

Here we go again. Mo has had two chances and been found wanting both times. If he cared that much he would have bid far more than he actually did. He just wanted us on the cheap. Im still waiting for him build the ice skating ring he said he would nearly 10 years ago.

This is turning into our version of Brexit. It's all well and good wanting Smurf out, and I want him out as much as the next person (although not as much as the handful who have wanted him out since day 1 because he wasn't Mo). But if/when he goes, what's the plan then? Admin? That's likely to be a two division drop and the death of the club.

Synetics? A fantastic company who are highly regarded for what they do and how they treat their staff and one of the best businesses in the city. But what qualifies them to run a football club and as an SME do they have the cash flow to put money in like Smurf has?

I don't want this to be our Brexit, wanting to get out but with no plan of what's next.

Here we go again. Mo has had two chances and been found wanting both times. If he cared that much he would have bid far more than he actually did. He just wanted us on the cheap. Im still waiting for him build the ice skating ring he said he would nearly 10 years ago.

This is turning into our version of Brexit. It's all well and good wanting Smurf out, and I want him out as much as the next person (although not as much as the handful who have wanted him out since day 1 because he wasn't Mo). But if/when he goes, what's the plan then? Admin? That's likely to be a two division drop and the death of the club.

Synetics? A fantastic company who are highly regarded for what they do and how they treat their staff and one of the best businesses in the city. But what qualifies them to run a football club and as an SME do they have the cash flow to put money in like Smurf has?

I don't want this to be our Brexit, wanting to get out but with no plan of what's next.

Mo was prepared to pay what he thought was the correct price. If you love a house and you know/think it's worth say 200k why offer 400k for it. Young an co on 2 separate occasions now have chosen the incorrect buyer for our club.

Was the **** at the match today? His new motor wasn't in his personalised parking space. As well as the touch of vitriol that came from the Railway Paddock towards the silver haired ********' date=' there was also a few negative noises aimed at him from the executive boxes, although I couldn't make out exactly what was being said. Not Carpetman, obviously...[/quote']

I heard what was said on radio stoke live match commentary smurf was told to go awAy in jerky motions

If there are to be any demonstrations they need making NOW because the close season seems to heal wounds and brings fresh hope to many. Though the truth is nothing will change under this arrogant fool.

The sooner he is gone the quicker the Club can hopefully be re-built to decent well run and respected team. As Ray Williams said last night when asked would you sign for the current team? The answer a firm ''NO''. Ray knows more and speaks to people in the know than most of us on here.

I'd have thought you would have had enough of demonstrations after what happened last time you walked up hamil road.Ray williams might be in the know but even he does not get everything right in fact he gets a lot wrong.

Mo was prepared to pay what he thought was the correct price. If you love a house and you know/think it's worth say 200k why offer 400k for it. Young an co on 2 separate occasions now have chosen the incorrect buyer for our club.

The admin have a legal responsibility to get the best deal for creditors. As a creditor to a business in admin, you would want the administrators to choose the bidder to get you the best return.

The house analogy stands as well. If you're selling a house, do you sell it to the highest bidder or do you sell it to someone who offers you less just because they may look after it better in the future, but there's not even a guarantee of that?

He's got the ground.

Whatever happens and whatever price he gets for the club, he'll be able to rent the ground back for 300/400k per season. It'll take new owners a minimum of 5 years to plan and move to a new stadium in which case he'll have recouped his failed investment in the club. And that's best case scenario. I fear the reality is much worse.

There is a way around Smurthwaite owning the ground if he sells the club.

As bad as it would seem at the time we could move all our games to Crewe's ground. Hopefully finding more investment and building a smaller new stadium near the A500. At least this way Smurfs master plan would blow up in his face.

To be fair to Smurf I can't see anything bad about him being hands on helping the bar staff. That's a positive and deserves credit for that.

Problem is currently that's where the positives end. If we go down he needs to just say what he's doing in terms of staying or going and if staying then set a plan and a good one at that to bounce back. He will have no excuses if we struggle to bounce back next season considering Coventry aside and alongside Swindon, Notts Co and potentially Luton or Tranmere we will be the one of the big boys in that league. No Bournemouth, Plymouth, Bradford, Rotherham etc this time to compete with.

It's totally unprofessional. His job on Matchdays should be entertaining the oppositions chairman and meeting and greeting people in the Directors box, not doing a job he should be employing someone on minimum wage to do. Unbelievably poor image to set for a professional football club, it isn't bloody Kidsgrove Athletic here, we are a L1 football club (for now).

Synectics. What qualifies them? All of the reasons you've posted. They run a successful business. They know how to treat people (staff and customers). They're growing. By Smurfs own admission they have the backroom personell that can help the club day to day. Plus....they're Vale fans. Everything is right about them. Everyone who genuinely cares about the Vale can see that. If they are still out there, anyone that supports Smurf simply isn't a Vale fan. There's no debate there anymore. He's an embarrassment, he's created this mess we're in, he damages the club everytime he speaks never mind makes a big decision. Who in their right mind would have faith in him making up for his mistakes? Convince me. What do you base your faith on? Is it the debt he's burdened us with? Is it his managerial appointments? Is it the way he mucks in behind the tea bar on match day instead of hosting sponsors / visiting staff / potential investors etc? Is it the way he abuses fans / customers? Is it the way he treats professional players / managers? Is it the way he's split the club from the ground? Is it the way he's failed to retain supporters or attract new ones? Is it because he thinks a modern innovative ticket promotion to attract new fans involves printing off 100 flyers and displaying them to existing fans? Is it because his explanation for not running the Bradford ST model is because we won't attract 17k sales (thick!! That's a serious sign that the bloke is thick!!). Is it the way he's handled the Brown situation having him as caretaker since December, throughout the transfer window affecting our chances of attracting players through uncertainty?...the list is endless. It's not even funny anymore it's depressing. He's so far out of his depth it's an absolute joke. We're an absolute joke. The club is a complete mess...and yet, some people still support him. If you don't want to get involved in the politics, fine, but going out of your way to support someone causing so much damage to the club is inexcusable. You're happy to see the club being ruined by his incompetence. Why is that, I wonder?????

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived