onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon. 20 quid a ticket. Cash Turnstiles.

Spunk Trumpet

Decent three match offer. £50 for three games is reasonable. Spread the word so that those who moan about no cash turnstiles use them for these games. If they don't use them, they'll lose them (again).

We had 12000 behind us to get us promoted (vs Burton and Cobblers). We can surely encourage 6000 through the gates for these important upcoming six pointers to keep us up in L1? Spread the word. Put pressure on those that were there for the promotion games to attend at least one of the upcoming three home games- preferably this Saturday so they can buy cheap tickets after the game for the other two.

Credit where it's due- Norman is trying with this offer to boost the teams chances. Get behind it.

Advert

Decent three match offer. £50 for three games is reasonable. Spread the word so that those who moan about no cash turnstiles use them for these games. If they don't use them, they'll lose them (again).

We had 12000 behind us to get us promoted (vs Burton and Cobblers). We can surely encourage 6000 through the gates for these important upcoming six pointers to keep us up in L1? Spread the word. Put pressure on those that were there for the promotion games to attend at least one of the upcoming three home games- preferably this Saturday so they can buy cheap tickets after the game for the other two.

Credit where it's due- Norman is trying with this offer to boost the teams chances. Get behind it.

I've got a season ticket I'll be struggling to motivate myself for a Friday night Shrews game and as for MK on a Tuesday night I think I'd rather stay and home watch ITV all night. There is absolutely no incentive at all for anyone to purchase all 3 games as a block, not at that price anyway.

So you got go Vale Saturday V Swindon, to get the next 2 home games V Shrewsbury and MK Dons for £30. Oh my days. People aren't going fork out 30 notes in one hit to watch the Vale at the moment, regardless if its for 2 matches or not.

Any "offer" that involves watching the Vale and £52 being handed over would struggle even with Saatchi and Saatchi behind it.

Just how on earth do we get it so wrong, so badly, so often?

I believe Colin Garlick is away until Thursday, so I have to assume Norman himself came up with this gem.

If you wanted a lesson on how to make a hash of every single aspect of ticket sales, this last 12 months covers all bases.

1. Abysmal effort on promoting season tickets last summer.

2. Cheap FA Cup tickets virtually kept a secret.

3. Cheap Oldham away tickets taken off sale on the day of a home game.

4. This "offer" which has clearly not been thought through at all.

WHAT A SHAMBLES. AGAIN.

I already have my MK Dons ticket from when it was called off or I am i missing something?

It will probably be invalid as the Vale think it's an FA Cup match or something. Or you have to take it into the ticket office and get it stamped by the Easter bunny.

I wouldn't rule anything out.

£20 and cash turnstile he said, now its a package that you have to buy a ticket for the Swindon game to get 2 games cheaper. What is the point of a cash turnstile offering if you need to buy a ticket to benefit from the offer? This just shows that whoever things these things up is short of any common sense

The last time there was a cash turnstile you paid the cash then they handed a ticket over.

20 quid.

Cash turnstiles.

It really wasn't very hard to implement!

The offer also means that the two games you get cheap are on a Friday night and a Tuesday night!

It's almost like he wants the offer to fail!

A waste of time knocking when there is nobody home.

3 games

cash turnstiles

less than 20 quid a game.

Who the hell will know about it. A few hundred "keyboard warriors".

It's been widely advertised in the Longport & Trubshaw Cross Chronicle, and Signal Radio mentioned it in the 4 am news. People are talking of little else in Smallthorne.

An extra pie has been ordered to cope with the expected increase in attendance.

3 games

cash turnstiles

less than 20 quid a game.

Who do you think this scheme is targeted at?

Do you think these people, given their frequency of attending to date, will commit to paying £52 for 3 games?

My opinion, I don't see us attracting many more than usual with this deal. Do you?

Never mind the fact that Norman came on here a week ago and said the price would be £20, and now it's £22. I'm no expert, but I always found the saying "under promise over deliver" quite a sensible one. Smurf does the opposite, regularly.

It's been widely advertised in the Longport & Trubshaw Cross Chronicle, and Signal Radio mentioned it in the 4 am news. People are talking of little else in Smallthorne.

An extra pie has been ordered to cope with the expected increase in attendance.

Marketing at its best. I take it all back. Throw in the 100 flyers in the VP bogs and it is a total marketing blitz. Hats off to those concerned.

Who do you think this scheme is targeted at?

Do you think these people, given their frequency of attending to date, will commit to paying £52 for 3 games?

My opinion, I don't see us attracting many more than usual with this deal. Do you?

Never mind the fact that Norman came on here a week ago and said the price would be £20, and now it's £22. I'm no expert, but I always found the saying "under promise over deliver" quite a sensible one. Smurf does the opposite, regularly.

If it wasn't the Vale, I'd find this level of ineptitude quite amusing.

As it is, we're the joke.

Who on earth comes up with these half-baked ideas (I think we know).

Just when you think they can't mess it up any more, they surpass themselves.

Archived