onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon. 20 quid a ticket. Cash Turnstiles.

Spunk Trumpet

It's a better than nothing offer is as far as I will go rather than saying it's a good offer.

As I say, I don't support Smurf on every issue, especially when it comes down to attracting fans and increasing attendances, but credit where it is due, he has listened and he has tried on this particular issue.

In my opinion the only offers that will work long term have to be season ticket offers. And to significantly increase the gate then the cost must be significantly lowered AND be in place for multiple seasons. To do it would be a huge gamble however.

The only other way PVFC will ever increase the gates is by being in a promotion battle and even then it will have a boost for a season or two and then start to shrink down to the bare bones.

This is the problem with Smurf, we keep being told at least "he's tried". It gets to a point where you have to question his competence. Given the fact he continues to try the same schemes that have failed before, I'm left wondering if he really is trying afterall, because he certainly isn't learning.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

:doh:Fans were saying on here, 20 quid a game with cash turnstiles, so 60 quid for the 3 games.

Now its 52 quid for the 3 games with cash turnstiles they are up in arms.:doh:

It's a half-baked idea. If the point of it is to get more through the gate this Saturday it's not going to as it's normal prices.

Then people have to make sure they've got enough money on them to buy the other two for £30 tickets.

It hasn't been thought through at all. It's a very poor effort.

It's really poor, doubt it'll make a lot of difference & the failure of it will be used again as a reason for not doing offers in the future because they won't work. We all suggested great ideas & it looks like none have really been taken on board, just seems like an attempt to keep people content/look active & shown to be trying.

If the club really wanted to attract people, they'd suck up the losses for a week or two, & do something radical like the £1 offer Rochdale have.

For starters, it doesn't take into account:

- A) Many people get paid weekly & can't afford to fork it all out at once to commit to 3 games.

- B) The games are on 2 Saturdays & a Tuesday, not all people can get to both night & weekend games (& many also work 1 in every number of Saturdays too).

A lot don't have season tickets for the same reasons, because they have to pay weekly & choose their games, either because of money or work. In terms of thought gone into this, the fact that us as fans can pick holes in it within minutes shows that there can't have been a lot. The only thought for me there is be how to minimise losses, rather than how to maximise attendance.

If they'd put on a really good offer, we could have brought an additional 4 people along with us guaranteed (& that's without asking around for others too). This won't attract a single one of them.

It's really poor, doubt it'll make a lot of difference & the failure of it will be used again as a reason for not doing offers in the future because they won't work. We all suggested great ideas & it looks like none have really been taken on board, just seems like an attempt to keep people content/look active & shown to be trying.

If the club really wanted to attract people, they'd suck up the losses for a week or two, & do something radical like the £1 offer Rochdale have.

For starters, it doesn't take into account:

- A) Many people get paid weekly & can't afford to fork it all out at once to commit to 3 games.

- B) The games are on 2 Saturdays & a Tuesday, not all people can get to both night & weekend games (& many also work 1 in every number of Saturdays too).

A lot don't have season tickets for the same reasons, because they have to pay weekly & choose their games, either because of money or work. In terms of thought gone into this, the fact that us as fans can pick holes in it within minutes shows that there can't have been a lot. The only thought for me there is be how to minimise losses, rather than how to maximise attendance.

If they'd put on a really good offer, we could have brought an additional 4 people along with us guaranteed (& that's without asking around for others too). This won't attract a single one of them.

It's even worse than that Tomo. One is a Saturday, one a Friday and the other a Tuesday. It took us two seconds to work out that we're offering a product on different nights / days. Who are our target market? People that don't already attend regularly. If we had any form of sophisticated customer database it would tell us the habits of our customers and when they're more likely to attend. What do the club do? link all 3 matches together, and make the first match (that triggers the offer) full price. It's the most ill thought through offer I've ever seen from them. Lazy.

It's a half-baked idea. If the point of it is to get more through the gate this Saturday it's not going to as it's normal prices.

Then people have to make sure they've got enough money on them to buy the other two for £30 tickets.

It hasn't been thought through at all. It's a very poor effort.

Why can't they buy tickets the following week Smithie?

It's even worse than that Tomo. One is a Saturday, one a Friday and the other a Tuesday. It took us two seconds to work out that we're offering a product on different nights / days. Who are our target market? People that don't already attend regularly. If we had any form of sophisticated customer database it would tell us the habits of our customers and when they're more likely to attend. What do the club do? link all 3 matches together, and make the first match (that triggers the offer) full price. It's the most ill thought through offer I've ever seen from them. Lazy.

Ahh sorry, didn't check all dates as at work right now. So yeah, even worse, as it's 3 different times of the week now. I expect to see the same attendances as we usually get for these 3 now, or no noticeable difference anyway.

Well they can, but then think about the people that won't remember to keep their stubs (or bring them with them the following week). Also, if we lose on Saturday, nobody is at that time hooked into coming to the next two games, & are less likely to take up the offer.

They could have made it a lot simpler just & done 2 games for £30 starting with Saturday, which pulls in a guaranteed income for both games (& people are more likely to attend both even if we do lose the first because they've already paid). Despite both games being on different days (& the points I raised still affecting them), I reckon that alone would have had a higher uptake than the offer they've provided instead.

They can...but that means another trip back midweek. If you're not local, what a faff.

Given that the whole point of this was to make it easier to attend games,this goes totally against that idea.

It would have been far better to market this as "3 for £30" offer for advance tickets that cover all 3 games, or £15 at a cash turnstile on the day. Thus it's a steal if you buy in advance, but still affordable and easy on the day if you can't make all 3 games. "Three for Thirty" has an obvious appeal as even a Stoke fan could work out that's £10 per game.

This shows exactly how out of touch the Chairman is. It's fine for him - he's got time and money on his hands, and of course he doesn't have to worry about getting a ticket to get in. What would he know or care about the experiences of mere fans?

It's a truly pathetic effort. Unimaginative, unenticing, and totally in keeping with ticketing arrangements at the club.

things all hinge on getting a good result Saturday. Hoping the fans will forget all the going on in our club at the moment and come out in there number to support the lads on the pitch.Win and the two special offer games will be a big part of our survival in league one. thinking positive and keeping the faith.

things all hinge on getting a good result Saturday. Hoping the fans will forget all the going on in our club at the moment and come out in there number to support the lads on the pitch.Win and the two special offer games will be a big part of our survival in league one. thinking positive and keeping the faith.

But the two special offer games are irrelevant, if people don't attend on Saturday. They're ineligible to take advantage of the offer. Our last 3 Saturday home games have brought in 3,803 home fans v Bradford, 3,695 v Bristol Rovers, and 3,989 v Peterborough. The circumstances for most casual supporters deciding whether to attend on Saturday remains exactly the same as they were for those previous games. Do I attend and pay full price?

I'd love to be proven wrong and see a healthy increase on the attendances of these next 3 crucial home games. I really would. But evidence from past offers like these, suggests otherwise unfortunately.

But the two special offer games are irrelevant, if people don't attend on Saturday. They're ineligible to take advantage of the offer. Our last 3 Saturday home games have brought in 3,803 home fans v Bradford, 3,695 v Bristol Rovers, and 3,989 v Peterborough. The circumstances for most casual supporters deciding whether to attend on Saturday remains exactly the same as they were for those previous games. Do I attend and pay full price?

I'd love to be proven wrong and see a healthy increase on the attendances of these next 3 crucial home games. I really would. But evidence from past offers like these, suggests otherwise unfortunately.

I've tried looking at this "offer" from all angles to find a positive slant on it and I can't.

It wouldn't at all surprise me on Saturday to

a) hear a brief, muffled "promotion" of this offer at half-time over the PA system, when everyone has gone to the loos or bars

b) the ticket office to be closed after the game

A few people have stated that they can go on Saturday but can't go to ONE of the others.Have a think about that folks.Suggestions on a postage stamp.

If nothing else, maybe could have been advertised it as 'bring your Swindon ticket stub to either Shrewsbury or MK Dons & get a ticket for £****'?

I've tried looking at this "offer" from all angles to find a positive slant on it and I can't.

It wouldn't at all surprise me on Saturday to

a) hear a brief, muffled "promotion" of this offer at half-time over the PA system, when everyone has gone to the loos or bars

b) the ticket office to be closed after the game

Totally agree, having the ticket office shut after a home match is absolutely bonkers. If you live outside the area this is so frustrating. I've contacted the club asking why this is the case and I've never even had a response!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Totally agree, having the ticket office shut after a home match is absolutely bonkers. If you live outside the area this is so frustrating. I've contacted the club asking why this is the case and I've never even had a response!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

It's simple. It's run with the consideration of the staff first, and the fans second. How else to explain the continual mess-ups with sales, promotions and hurdles placed in the way of making life easier for fans?

Archived