onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon. 20 quid a ticket. Cash Turnstiles.

Spunk Trumpet

It's simple. It's run with the consideration of the staff first, and the fans second. How else to explain the continual mess-ups with sales, promotions and hurdles placed in the way of making life easier for fans?

Surely worth a trial if it has not been done in the past, I would have thought staying open until 5.30 or 6.00 to cater for tickets in advance could be economic, or is it a case of they come anyway?

Advert

Surely worth a trial if it has not been done in the past, I would have thought staying open until 5.30 or 6.00 to cater for tickets in advance could be economic, or is it a case of they come anyway?

To give you just one example of how lazy they are (from many examples), I called last week and explained I'd not had any e-mail or phone call about renewing my season ticket. It transpired they had previously taken down my e-mail address wrongly. I gave them the right one and waited...and waited...and waited.

I rang back to say I'd received nothing and the reply was "the system doesn't let us e-mail people individually". Most businesses would use some initiative and send such an e-mail from their own email address, if only in the interests of customer service and to try to encourage people to part with cash.

Clearly, they have simply no idea how many people they are reaching or not reaching through their database.

It sounds like an ideal job for someone on commission, because the Ticket office manager clearly doesn't care if we sell 3, 300 or 3000 tickets.

I've tried looking at this "offer" from all angles to find a positive slant on it and I can't.

It wouldn't at all surprise me on Saturday to

a) hear a brief, muffled "promotion" of this offer at half-time over the PA system, when everyone has gone to the loos or bars

b) the ticket office to be closed after the game

The positive slant is that it's a 3 game offer, less than 20 quid a game, with cash turnstiles.

You've tried to find a negative slant on it in your post.

I'm not trying to be annoying here but this offer would be great for me as I can make all 3 games (I already have a season ticket but my shifts changed at new year so I miss most games now)

So there are people that can take advantage and it is definitely an offer.

The positive slant is that it's a 3 game offer, less than 20 quid a game, with cash turnstiles.

I'm not trying to be annoying here but this offer would be great for me as I can make all 3 games (I already have a season ticket but my shifts changed at new year so I miss most games now)

Let's see what the crowd is on Saturday, I'd be delighted to be wrong and see lots of people take up the offer.

I hope you're right, I really do. However, to take advantage of this offer, fans need to tick each of these boxes for the scheme to be a success (bearing in mind, the objective surely is to increase the attendance, revenue and atmosphere for these 3 crucial games);

1. They need to be fans that don't currently attend regularly and without the offer, would be unlikely to attend all 3 games (remember, we're trying to increase the attendance, not match previous ones).

2. They need to be able to attend each of the next 3 home games.

3. They need to have £52 available to afford the offer.

If they don't tick number 1, then the scheme fails as these people already attend regularly at full price. At best we match previous attendances and see a decrease in revenue as these fans are paying less.

If they tick number 1 but not both of 2 and 3, then the offer isn't an option for them.

This offer is only available for a small pool of fans. A very quick exercise identifies that we're targeting very few people with this, so the likelihood of success is reduced. That's how little thought has been put into it, it took me two seconds to pull that together.

I hope you're right, I really do. However, to take advantage of this offer, fans need to tick each of these boxes for the scheme to be a success (bearing in mind, the objective surely is to increase the attendance, revenue and atmosphere for these 3 crucial games);

1. They need to be fans that don't currently attend regularly and without the offer, would be unlikely to attend all 3 games (remember, we're trying to increase the attendance, not match previous ones).

2. They need to be able to attend each of the next 3 home games.

3. They need to have £52 available to afford the offer.

If they don't tick number 1, then the scheme fails as these people already attend regularly at full price. At best we match previous attendances and see a decrease in revenue as these fans are paying less.

If they tick number 1 but not both of 2 and 3, then the offer isn't an option for them.

This offer is only available for a small pool of fans. A very quick exercise identifies that we're targeting very few people with this, so the likelihood of success is reduced. That's how little thought has been put into it, it took me two seconds to pull that together.

Totally agree on this. The offer only benefits a select few loyal fans - who don't have a season ticket. The objective of any offer for this crucial game surely had to be to get as many in to VP as possible - this offer won't do that. IMO Smurf should have taken the hit on one game and made it as cheap as possible, the extra atmosphere all helps in the quest for 3 points, which could go a long way to preserving L1 status.

What's complicated about it?Barriers?:unsure:

Not really that much of an enticing offer if the fans have to 'sort it out between themselves' though surely? Especially if that involves organising things with complete strangers (if I'm understanding your point correctly).

Not really that much of an enticing offer if the fans have to 'sort it out between themselves' though surely? Especially if that involves organising things with complete strangers (if I'm understanding your point correctly).

Why strangers?What about friends and family?

Yes a barrier. If you can't make any of the 3 games, you can't take up the offer. That's a barrier. If you can't afford the match on Saturday, you can't take up the 2 for £15 offer, that's a barrier.

If you can't make any of the games you won't need the offer anyway?My point was if you are unable to attend one of the other 2 games.

Why strangers?What about friends and family?

Not saying they couldn't be, but can't see many bothering to do that either. If they already know they can't go one of the other 2, seems unlikely they're going to invest £52 to save a few quid or to give/sell on a ticket to a relative/someone else.

Overall, it just seems like we're clutching at straws & it's too much effort all over a few quid. I don't think it's going to attract many, whereas a much simpler offer with less requirements (& variables in terms of fan circumstances) would.

Archived