onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon. 20 quid a ticket. Cash Turnstiles.

Spunk Trumpet

let me see if I got the picture right:

There have been numerous calls for cash turnstiles to attract the 'Walk Ups'; plus

Suggestions to reduce the Swindon game to £20; to which

Smurf acknowledged and responded accordingly.

Was Smurf wrong to listen and agree? :unsure:

Advert

let me see if I got the picture right:

There have been numerous calls for cash turnstiles to attract the 'Walk Ups'; plus

Suggestions to reduce the Swindon game to £20; to which

Smurf acknowledged and responded accordingly.

Was Smurf wrong to listen and agree? :unsure:

Well, seems he's gone against his original offer. Tickets are £22. IF people attend this game, they can then get a Shrewsbury and MK Dons ticket for £30. So in essence the overall offer is, if you buy tickets for these 3 matches you'll be paying £52, instead of £66, saving £14.

How many people can see this resulting in a big increase in attendances for these vital matches, where we need as many people in there supporting the team? Honestly, I don't think it will make any difference what so ever.

Well, seems he's gone against his original offer. Tickets are £22. IF people attend this game, they can then get a Shrewsbury and MK Dons ticket for £30. So in essence the overall offer is, if you buy tickets for these 3 matches you'll be paying £52, instead of £66, saving £14.

How many people can see this resulting in a big increase in attendances for these vital matches, where we need as many people in there supporting the team? Honestly, I don't think it will make any difference what so ever.

Here's the "offer" http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/home-game-ticket-offer-3610525.aspx

I give up. I fecking give up.

What an absolute piece-of-crap way to do things.

Would it not make more sense to have a well-publicized deal for all 3 games that is available in advance of the game on Saturday? Get people's money off them in case we turn in a stinker on Saturday and then they are far less likely to come back for the other two games even at cut price.

What if the weather is poor on Saturday and people don't venture out? They then "can't" have a 2-for-£30 ticket because they don't have a Swindon ticket stub! Again, get the money off people up front.

Just when you think they can't get it wrong again..they surpass their own levels of ineptitude.

This isn't moaning for the sake of it...these are the logical thoughts of a bloke who runs my own business.

Should we not expect something more easily accessible, more adventurous, more enticing and more exciting from a professional football club?

What a joke that place is. What a fecking JOKE.

Staggering how the club/Smurf can balls up such a simple task.

Swindon game - £20, cash on the turnstile (I even think this could be lowered, but with our chairman that's a pipe dream). Flood the Sentinel and Radio Stoke with a 'Great Escape' themed advert during the week. Get the players in schools on their day(s) off. Lob tickets at these schools for free/very low price. Have players tweet daily about the importance of fans being at VP. Get Brown on the radio. Get 6,000+ inside VP. Move the away fans to the middle of the Hamil Stand. Maybe get a club legend back to be on the pitch, like at Burton, I don't know. Just throw everything we've got at this.

We may take a small hit financially, but it would be worth it if we came away with a win, and a better atmosphere at VP, which has died over the last few years. However, it seems we're at the stage now where Smurf is bleeding us dry for every last penny he can recoup and wouldn't dream of taking a small loss on a matchday if it resulted in a better atmosphere.

The club smacks of laziness and incompetence.

I know it's only a small thing and I'm at risk here of facing the "grammar police" accusation, but is it too much to expect that whoever controls our twitter feed is capable of doing so without making basic mistakes.

"It’s going to be a big game this weekend when we entertain Swindon Town, so make sure you’re apart of it and get your tickets now! #PVFC"

I agree with Smithie, I understand why they've attached the second offer to Saturday's match, but I think it's completely pointless. It certainly won't result in an increased attendance, it definitely won't increase income, it serves no purpose what so ever. It shows a massive lack of understanding from whoever came up with the idea, they're so detached from their customers it's scary.

Here's the "offer" http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/home-game-ticket-offer-3610525.aspx

What if the weather is poor on Saturday and people don't venture out? They then "can't" have a 2-for-£30 ticket because they don't have a Swindon ticket stub! Again, get the money off people up front.

Should we not expect something more easily accessible, more adventurous, more enticing and more exciting from a professional football club?

I can't make the MK Dons game so there is no incentive for me to pay to go to the other two. Sure there will be others who can't make all three so what is the point? I give up with Smurf.

Whlst I acknowledge that a larger crowd generally makes for a better atmosphere, have we ever produced the goods on the pitch when we've had one of these offers on (Burton aside)? It might be one of those things where the losses stick out more but I can't remember us actually winning a game when we've got bigger crowds in.

When it fails though, no doubt Smurf will use it as evidence that initiatives don't work.

Given the way that this scheme is being set up, I'd understand if the concourse and toilets were flooded with flyers on Saturday to encourage walk ups to retain their tickets to take advantage of the £30 for 2 games offer. Let's see if it happens though. That doesn't stop them promoting the hell out of it everywhere else in the meantime though.

I think it's a rubbish offer (as I've already said), but it's out there now. Let's judge how it is promoted. I expect to be inundated with it, starting with Smurf mentioning it on RS tonight. Lets hope he tries to "build the buzz".

To coin a popular phrase from Smurfs supporters, I don't think we'll be seeing "a queue up Hamil Road".

The BBC don't carry adverts. Or did you mean Signal?

Does not Norman appear on Radio Stoke tonight? If he introduces a Great Escape theme, with ticket offer, maybe it would be repeated as a news item on the subsequent sports bulletins this week? Or are we rarely mentioned anyway?

The BBC don't carry adverts. Or did you mean Signal?

Didn't think about it. Flood Signal with adverts, and then get either Smurf, Garlick, Brown, or one of the captains on the BBC sport show each night bigging it up.

I just feel there's a lot more to be tried.

We needed to do something out of the box here, maybe £30 for a mini 3 game season ticket if you like for the next 3 home games, we really need to get people in the ground. As someone already pointed out, if Swindon is a bad performance then how likely is that theose fans will go and buy the tickets for the next 2 matches? I'm not sure this offer will make much difference at all. Opening a cash turnstile may help a little, but I think the price needed to be lower for this weekend, which is a huge game for us.

Archived