onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon. 20 quid a ticket. Cash Turnstiles.

Spunk Trumpet

If you can't make any of the games you won't need the offer anyway?My point was if you are unable to attend one of the other 2 games.

I meant to put all instead of any. If you can't attend all of the games, the offer is no use to you. It reduces the number of people that can take advantage of it. Why put ourselves in that position?

Advert

Do you think that it won't save someone some money?

SomeONE, yes I'm sure it will. But lets be honest, there has to be something in it for the football club. Do you think that Norman's objective here is a thank you to a handful of people that will benefit from the deal? I hope not.

Whoever has initiated the deal has done so to raise the attendance and raise income for the club. Let's judge the success of the scheme on that basis, rather than whether it's a nice little saver for a few people that would have been going anyway.

Do you think that it won't save someone some money?

It would save someone money in the process, don't disagree at all, & I understand they can give the stub to whoever, therefore ensuring that somebody will be benefiting, but to me it's not the best approach to attract as many fans as possible.

If you think this is a really good deal, it's going to have a really good uptake & we will have hundreds more coming through the gate on Saturday, then fair enough, we'll just have to disagree. I try to see the positives in everything, & I really hope you're right (I'd love to walk through the gates to a decent crowd so we can make a bit of noise for once), just realistically can't see it happening.

I have, however, cast a top-end GTC guess for Saturday (5,120), as I'm always optimistic (hopefully with it being a big game for both & the deal, it will be that high) :smile: What do you reckon?

SomeONE, yes I'm sure it will. But lets be honest, there has to be something in it for the football club. Do you think that Norman's objective here is a thank you to a handful of people that will benefit from the deal? I hope not.

Whoever has initiated the deal has done so to raise the attendance and raise income for the club. Let's judge the success of the scheme on that basis, rather than whether it's a nice little saver for a few people that would have been going anyway.

Or a new fan who could be watching 2 games for £30 .

Guest TommyMac
Or a new fan who could be watching 2 games for £30 .

IMO £30 for 2 midweek games would attract zero new fans. This 'fantastic offer' will cost the club as I don't see it attracting a single fan who wouldn't have attended anyway.

But the two special offer games are irrelevant, if people don't attend on Saturday. They're ineligible to take advantage of the offer. Our last 3 Saturday home games have brought in 3,803 home fans v Bradford, 3,695 v Bristol Rovers, and 3,989 v Peterborough. The circumstances for most casual supporters deciding whether to attend on Saturday remains exactly the same as they were for those previous games. Do I attend and pay full price?

I'd love to be proven wrong and see a healthy increase on the attendances of these next 3 crucial home games. I really would. But evidence from past offers like these, suggests otherwise unfortunately.

And these games where a bit different as both Bradford and Bristol bought a following of 750+ .Fans where interested in Peterborough due the Grant factor. All 3 upcoming games will not bring the same away following so I think we will struggle for a crowd for all 3 games even with a win this Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Has anyone seen any advertising/promotion anywhere? Any mentions of the offer anywhere apart from the official site or on here? I don't listen to the radio aside from the odd away game when I can't go, so if anyone has heard anything there too, I'd be interested to know!

But they'd have to pay £52 and attend three games. On it's own for two games, yes, £30 would be a good deal and may attract some new fans. As it is though, won't work. Hope I'm wrong, but doubt it.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

If person A goes the Swindon game -£22.His mate ,work mate ,relative or Old Nick could have the stub because Person A can't go to the other 2 games because he's on nights.(rent boy)The new person may go to the first of the two games or both.2 games for £30.If The new person goes to the first game then due to unforeseen circumstances can't go to the second , he can get rid of the second game ticket for £15 to someone else.3

different people going to the Vale.

Regular pays £22

Second person pays £15

Third person £15.

Granted there won't be extra thousands going but then there wouldn't be if it was free.

Has anyone seen any advertising/promotion anywhere? Any mentions of the offer anywhere apart from the official site or on here? I don't listen to the radio aside from the odd away game when I can't go, so if anyone has heard anything there too, I'd be interested to know!

Article in the Sentinel, March 6th.

Guest TommyMac
If person A goes the Swindon game -£22.His mate ,work mate ,relative or Old Nick could have the stub because Person A can't go to the other 2 games because he's on nights.(rent boy)The new person may go to the first of the two games or both.2 games for £30.If The new person goes to the first game then due to unforeseen circumstances can't go to the second , he can get rid of the second game ticket for £15 to someone else.3

different people going to the Vale.

Regular pays £22

Second person pays £15

Third person £15.

Granted there won't be extra thousands going but then there wouldn't be if it was free.

Or.....

Person A goes the Swindon game and pays £22, the same as he pays every Saturday home game. Persons B and C decide to stay at home when the other 2 games are played so that they can walk into the house without being searched by a neanderthal, they can get a hot drink, they can have a bottle of in-date beer at a reasonable price and don't have to drink it where they can't see the tv, they can sit on their sofa without having to wipe the bird **** off it first, they can choose to watch something with an entertainment value above 4/10 and if they are watching something crap, they can select something else to watch, they can get a pie, toastie, roast dinner, canapes, curry, pizza and be confident it is edible, they don't have to listen to another neanderthal telling one of the tv show cast to **** off just because he doesn't like Sam Kelly and never will, if they're cold they can turn up the heating and finally, when the show is over, they can go to bed without being pushed from pillar to post by a couple of Staffordshire's finest boys in blue. Oh and, between them, they still has 30 quid in their back pockets that they could club together to buy one a bj on Nile Street.

Yeah, I guess I'd better get there early, this deal could sell out.

Or.....

Person A goes the Swindon game and pays £22, the same as he pays every Saturday home game. Persons B and C decide to stay at home when the other 2 games are played so that they can walk into the house without being searched by a neanderthal, they can get a hot drink, they can have a bottle of in-date beer at a reasonable price and don't have to drink it where they can't see the tv, they can sit on their sofa without having to wipe the bird **** off it first, they can choose to watch something with an entertainment value above 4/10 and if they are watching something crap, they can select something else to watch, they can get a pie, toastie, roast dinner, canapes, curry, pizza and be confident it is edible, they don't have to listen to another neanderthal telling one of the tv show cast to **** off just because he doesn't like Sam Kelly and never will, if they're cold they can turn up the heating and finally, when the show is over, they can go to bed without being pushed from pillar to post by a couple of Staffordshire's finest boys in blue. Oh and, between them, they still has 30 quid in their back pockets that they could club together to buy one a bj on Nile Street.

Yeah, I guess I'd better get there early, this deal could sell out.

:laugh::laugh:

Archived