onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon. 20 quid a ticket. Cash Turnstiles.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Unless you can't make one of the games and then you are gaining no benefit whatsoever from the other two.

And if you can't make Swindon you wouldn't benefit from a 20 quid cash turnstile.

And whilst we are at it, I don't think forum posts are legally binding and I don't think smurf has lied about offering 20 cash turnstiles.

He's clearly taken feedback on board, gone away and put an offer in place. I think any unbiased person can see this (cautiously) as a positive step.

Whether it's enough, and whether the offer is implemented and marketed reasonably is another issue.

And if you can't make Swindon you wouldn't benefit from a 20 quid cash turnstile.

And whilst we are at it, I don't think forum posts are legally binding and I don't think smurf has lied about offering 20 cash turnstiles.

He's clearly taken feedback on board, gone away and put an offer in place. I think any unbiased person can see this (cautiously) as a positive step.

Whether it's enough, and whether the offer is implemented and marketed reasonably is another issue.

I honestly can't believe someone could read through everything posted over the last few days by Smurf, then see the eventual offer that came out as a positive step. I'll repeat what I said earlier, why would anyone looking to increase sales, publically promise something, then under deliver on it. However you dress it up, it doesn't reflect well on Smurf here. Any truly "unbiased person", would certainly see that.

I honestly can't believe someone could read through everything posted over the last few days by Smurf, then see the eventual offer that came out as a positive step. I'll repeat what I said earlier, why would anyone looking to increase sales, publically promise something, then under deliver on it. However you dress it up, it doesn't reflect well on Smurf here. Any truly "unbiased person", would certainly see that.

When you think about it, he may well have made his money through businesses that didn't need any marketing or promotion.

That would in part explain

a) his/the indifference to such matters and

b) his/the pathetic efforts on that front over the last 3 years

Try get people in the ground they r no use to use to shopping with the misses or fella or nan and grandad .

There needs be a real big think about how we can get those people who come occassionally to come more and the only way do that is marketing .

So what Rochdale and Oldham r doing is very clever because it shows there is interest in the club and theres a obvious reason why the fans who would have attended the 1 pound game and 0 pound game but havent like lots of supporters i know not attended before .

Now we cant be silly and say everyone adult can have a season ticket for a pound but look at Bradford 149 quid for a season ticket families buying in droves kids for a fiver under a certain age .

It would be lovely to try it say a week offer then the prices go to normal but u wont know until u try say my birthday week just for that one week in July .

We need do something Coates is manipulating the area with free travel ,keep prices the same till the end of time etc .

We have to try something .

This offer wont work as most fans r manically depressed at present ,i aint i c Rudge in Brown ,dark days today great days tomozthe foundations he is laying with no tools is quite superb really .

We have one point from last 3 home games but i really enjoyed the performances ,the energy the drive the will .

Swindons a massive game but Vale will not attract the support at over 20 pounds a game ,the hardcore will be there ?ill be there ,all we want is everyone we can possibly get in there .

A cheap end at Vale wouldnt go amiss the bycars should be 10 pounds and five pounds forever.

Nobody is sitting in them seats smurf take note .

Would u rather have one fanpaying 22 quid or a father and two sons paying 20 and shouting and encouraging the team like mad ,i know what i would prefer have.

Utv

However you dress it up... yeah I'm not dressing anything up, I'm talking facts.

The facts are; 3 games, cash turnstiles, less than 20 quid a game.

However you dress it up... yeah I'm not dressing anything up, I'm talking facts.

The facts are; 3 games, cash turnstiles, less than 20 quid a game.

Tried similar things before, never works, then he'll moan about them and repeat the same thing in 12 months and use it as justification for not reducing ST prices. Never learns, so predictable, so lazy.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Tried similar things before, never works, then he'll moan about them and repeat the same thing in 12 months and use it as justification for not reducing ST prices. Never learns, so predictable, so lazy.

It probably won't work I agree. I also don't think £20 cash turnstiles would be any more effective to be honest.

But this is better than zero. That's the point I'm making.

I don't agree with everything negative posted about smurf, I do agree with some of it though. But I don't think it's constructive to pretend that this is a bad offer and use it as a stick to beat him with.

It probably won't work I agree. I also don't think £20 cash turnstiles would be any more effective to be honest.

I don't agree with everything negative posted about smurf, I do agree with some of it though. But I don't think it's constructive to pretend that this is a bad offer and use it as a stick to beat him with.

The offer is pointless unless you can attend all 3 games. If you intend to go to all of them, you are most likely a regular die hard / season ticket holder anyway so it is a bad offer in my view.

I don't want to simply be contrary because you're putting your point across well without resorting to insults, which is refreshing for someone supporting Smurf. However, you've just said it won't work, but it's a good offer? I don't get that. Especially when they've been tried, and failed, before.

When it doesn't attract an increase in fans it will lead to a loss financialy, with nothing to show for it long term.

In my view, it's a; lazy, predictable, terrible offer.

I don't want to simply be contrary because you're putting your point across well without resorting to insults, which is refreshing for someone supporting Smurf. However, you've just said it won't work, but it's a good offer? I don't get that. Especially when they've been tried, and failed, before.

When it doesn't attract an increase in fans it will lead to a loss financialy, with nothing to show for it long term.

In my view, it's a; lazy, predictable, terrible offer.

It's a better than nothing offer is as far as I will go rather than saying it's a good offer.

As I say, I don't support Smurf on every issue, especially when it comes down to attracting fans and increasing attendances, but credit where it is due, he has listened and he has tried on this particular issue.

In my opinion the only offers that will work long term have to be season ticket offers. And to significantly increase the gate then the cost must be significantly lowered AND be in place for multiple seasons. To do it would be a huge gamble however.

The only other way PVFC will ever increase the gates is by being in a promotion battle and even then it will have a boost for a season or two and then start to shrink down to the bare bones.

:doh:Fans were saying on here, 20 quid a game with cash turnstiles, so 60 quid for the 3 games.

Now its 52 quid for the 3 games with cash turnstiles they are up in arms.:doh:

52 quid IF you attend all 3. All on different days / nights, so a lot of people won't be able to make all 3. It's an offer that won't work. Any sensible person will know that, because these deals haven't worked before. It really isn't difficult to predict the outcome. Anyone with any tiny understanding of marketing will know this, unfortunately our club doesn't, and doesn't learn from past failures.

Lets see what happens Conrad. How many do you think will attend the 3 games? How many more will attend that wouldn't have done so without the offer?

Archived