onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon. 20 quid a ticket. Cash Turnstiles.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

£20 offer is an insult. The football this season at Vale has been garbage and the appropriate offer for this fixture would be £5 a person. The Vale can make more money on Food and Drink.

Norman we live in a low paid area. More effort needed

1400 Vale fans found £26 plus travel costs plus beer money for Bolton away.

It didn't seem like many people were low-paid on that day, did it?

Tbf that was a day out for most, new ground, plenty of beer. 10 of us in our group went that day, only 3-4 will most probably go next week against Swindon. Bad times.

For as long as I can recall, Vale have had largish numbers (mainly lads!) who prefer to do away games, mainly Northern fixtures within an hour or so's travel. I'd imagine a lot of them rarely if ever do home games. Not ideal for Vale, but that's the way it is.

I just think it's too simplistic to give the spiel about it being a low-paid area when it's so more nuanced than that.

For as long as I can recall, Vale have had largish numbers (mainly lads!) who prefer to do away games, mainly Northern fixtures within an hour or so's travel. I'd imagine a lot of them rarely if ever do home games. Not ideal for Vale, but that's the way it is.

I just think it's too simplistic to give the spiel about it being a low-paid area when it's so more nuanced than that.

Problem is though, again weve got 2 home games in a week, and for the walk up fan to fork out £44-£46 is a lot to ask and it wont happen.. If i didn't have a season ticket, i wouldn't do it, its a matter of choosing your games at them prices.

Well we don't know if Norman has communicated this to the right people yet. We don't know if they have failed to act on it. We don't know anything really.....so it's rather harsh to jump to laying the blame at his door just yet, don't you think?

Smurf's comment at the start of this thread was on February 27th. Almost a week has gone by, how long do they need?

Well we don't know if Norman has communicated this to the right people yet. We don't know if they have failed to act on it. We don't know anything really.....so it's rather harsh to jump to laying the blame at his door just yet, don't you think?

He's either not tried to make it happen or hasn't made sure that it has happened...he's accountable having said it would happen. If he's told our ticket people to do it then it's up to him to make sure it gets done otherwise a commitment/promise is just words..unless it's acceptable for the chairman/owner of PVFC to blame his underlings for not fulfilling his promises..which gives him a get out clause every time.

He's either not tried to make it happen or hasn't made sure that it has happened...he's accountable having said it would happen. If he's told our ticket people to do it then it's up to him to make sure it gets done otherwise a commitment/promise is just words..unless it's acceptable for the chairman/owner of PVFC to blame his underlings for not fulfilling his promises..which gives him a get out clause every time.

He'll blame the CEO! Once again why doesn't he keep his gob shut?

With all due respect, my post was aimed at people who do not attend at all at home. And by the way, what is Vale's true fan base? Probably around 6-8k at least...many whom don't attend at all.

As for 1,400 fans. Bolton is probably the most glamorous of away fixtures and 1,400 fans is percentage of the true fan base. Probably less then 25% of the true fan base and whom go every week and can afford to...mostly middle class fans as well as working class fans. Just because less than 25% find the money doesnt mean effort shouldn't be made for the existing 75% of the fan base. More effort should be made by the club to entice unemployed fans to the club for example. It is no longer a working class spectator sport and Vale are pricing people out.

People try to suggest price reductions for Swindon and Shrewsbury, but lets be realistic. They're wasting time and space. Smurf will not be willing to lose the cash by reducing gate money.

If the attendance for these two games is way below average he'll say that it is the unsupportive fans fault who don't love the club enough.

With all due respect, my post was aimed at people who do not attend at all at home. And by the way, what is Vale's true fan base? Probably around 6-8k at least...many whom don't attend at all.

As for 1,400 fans. Bolton is probably the most glamorous of away fixtures and 1,400 fans is percentage of the true fan base. Probably less then 25% of the true fan base and whom go every week and can afford to...mostly middle class fans as well as working class fans. Just because less than 25% find the money doesnt mean effort shouldn't be made for the existing 75% of the fan base. More effort should be made by the club to entice unemployed fans to the club for example. It is no longer a working class spectator sport and Vale are pricing people out.

If Vale are pricing people out then so are all clubs, because we charge on a par with other clubs.

Pay on the day at all levels is far too much for people to go on a whim. I'll be going to Southend tomorrow (£22 full price). Heaven knows what we'd pay away from home in the Championship.

Archived