onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon. 20 quid a ticket. Cash Turnstiles.

Spunk Trumpet

£20 offer is an insult. The football this season at Vale has been garbage and the appropriate offer for this fixture would be £5 a person. The Vale can make more money on Food and Drink.

Norman we live in a low paid area. More effort needed

I'm sorry but this kind of mentality annoys me greatly. Every county in the country adheres to national minimum wage at the very least. That was over £7 an hour last time I checked.

It's almost like you are putting a ceiling on what a club can achieve from an area like this. Stoke manage to fill that pile of garbage every week. You don't need me to remind you that they were only getting gates of between 11,000 in the Championship either. 4 years ago, Vale got 13,000 against Burton Albion. Need I say more? The fans are ready and willing to pay good money to watch their club. All it takes is a bit of inventiveness from our marketing team to get them back.

Advert

I'm sorry but this kind of mentality annoys me greatly. Every county in the country adheres to national minimum wage at the very least. That was over £7 an hour last time I checked.

It's almost like you are putting a ceiling on what a club can achieve from an area like this. Stoke manage to fill that pile of garbage every week. You don't need me to remind you that they were only getting gates of between 11,000 in the Championship either. 4 years ago, Vale got 13,000 against Burton Albion. Need I say more? The fans are ready and willing to pay good money to watch their club. All it takes is a bit of inventiveness from our marketing team to get them back.

I'm glad someone else can see it!

Nearly 11k v Burton, wasnt it £10 to get in, and top v 2nd or something like that.and nearly 13k V Northampton which was the promotion game..Apart from them 2 games mentioned, In all my 30 years of supporting the Vale, i think weve only had 10k vale through the gates when weve played Stoke or an Fa cup tie against prem big boys.

If we are going to try and get more people in to the ground then it needs to be a better offer than just £20 for Swindon. As someone pointed out we've got Shrewsbury after that, so maybe make those 2 games for £30 or less, and then offer the remainder of the home games cheaper too. We need all the help we can get. Whilst we're at it, offer free coach travel to the away games too.

The pop up thingy in the op says £20 and cash turnstiles for the remainder of the season.

Can't believe i'm reading people still moaning even though he's reduced prices slightly. Yes it might not be a massive reduction in price, but get behind the team and show the support the lads need.

Nothing to do with "getting behind the team" it's about daft ideas that will come to nothing. I'll be there "getting behind the team" but there won't be many others who rarely show up making the effort I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Can't believe i'm reading people still moaning even though he's reduced prices slightly. Yes it might not be a massive reduction in price, but get behind the team and show the support the lads need.

Well done to Smurf for knocking a couple of quid off the gate and adding an extra 10 fans to the gate eh..hip hip hooray.

Just promoting a good offer from our chairman 4 days ago.

Come on. Support the lads.

This is a step in the right direction, no club in this division should charge more than £20.

I would hope this is a sign of things to come, cash turnstiles and £20, this is a good thing!

Such a shame that this will probably not be advertised, the club needs to make itself as accessible as possible, this all ticket malarkey is a bad idea, and there is, no need for a club of our size to put such a barrier to entry to fans.

Case in point, couple of lads came with me to the gas game, their first for a while, constantly saying we've got get a ticket haven't we, where do we get a ticket, can't we just pay at the turnstile etc etc.

There really is no need, cash, one note. In. Done.

Make it happen.

This is a step in the right direction, no club in this division should charge more than £20.

I would hope this is a sign of things to come, cash turnstiles and £20, this is a good thing!

Such a shame that this will probably not be advertised, the club needs to make itself as accessible as possible, this all ticket malarkey is a bad idea, and there is, no need for a club of our size to put such a barrier to entry to fans.

Case in point, couple of lads came with me to the gas game, their first for a while, constantly saying we've got get a ticket haven't we, where do we get a ticket, can't we just pay at the turnstile etc etc.

There really is no need, cash, one note. In. Done.

Make it happen.

Agree. Keep it simple!

The mentality that makes me angrier is such as your post which suggests that £20-22 admission is a reasonable price on top of everything else. A lot of people are lucky to access £100 in their bank

We really should bring back cash turnstiles. Having to buy tickets before the game is all well and good if you have an efficient enough ticket office. Usually, clubs who have this policy will have 8-10 ticket windows. We have 4 people at best selling behind the counter. There is absolutely no way that people should have to queue for 15 mins when there is a gate of barely 4000 as I had to do a few weeks ago- Chesterfield game I think.

The mentality that makes me angrier is such as your post which suggests that £20-22 admission is a reasonable price on top of everything else. A lot of people are lucky to access £100 in their bank

What's the "everything else"?

If that's beers, pies and programmes they can all be given the swerve.

I do however think football in general is too dear as a weekly hobby.

Archived