onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Millwall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Think I'd drop guy for this one. One good game isn't enough, same with walker. I know I'm one of only a few who think this but for me players like kiko and amaros do offer us something. No doubt my 11 will get slated but here it is...

Fasan

Purkiss

Knopps

Smith

Streete

Kiko

De Freitas

Foley

Amaros

Hooper

Forrester

Bench.

Boot

Guy

Shodipo

Walker

Tavares

Cicilia

Pugh

532 Suits us and gives more protection especially if someone like amaros or Pugh start in the middle. Get the ball up early to two strong forwards and have foley backing it up. Cicilia to come on as a second half sub to change the game if need be.

Vale are still not scoring enough goals.

Strikers not performing by hitting the target. Against Gills, 15 shots and only three of them on target. One of them from a defender - Street.

Maybe that they are not getting the good enough service, re accurate assists from midfield?

Going from the last few games the strikers are not scoring enough. In the six games this year only five goals have been scored.

They must score one, maybe two goals to get anything from the Millwall game.

Not sure Hooper can blame the assist (possibly from Streete although it's tricky to tell when you are sat below pitch level) when he missed the target by miles with the goalkeeper on the floor.

Think I'd drop guy for this one. One good game isn't enough, same with walker. I know I'm one of only a few who think this but for me players like kiko and amaros do offer us something. No doubt my 11 will get slated but here it is...

Fasan

Purkiss

Knopps

Smith

Streete

Kiko

De Freitas

Foley

Amaros

Hooper

Forrester

Bench.

Boot

Guy

Shodipo

Walker

Tavares

Cicilia

Pugh

532 Suits us and gives more protection especially if someone like amaros or Pugh start in the middle. Get the ball up early to two strong forwards and have foley backing it up. Cicilia to come on as a second half sub to change the game if need be.

Not going to slate you, this forum is about opinion mate.

Just don't see Amoros who wasn,t even on the bench suddenly being elevated into the starting 11.

Cicilia is also clearly out of favour along with Kiko.

Sometimes people can ' cut off ones nose to spite your face' .Is Brown guilty of this ? Reggie is definitely worth a place on the bench, the signing of Tanser is absolutely mystifying as he is clearly not better than the 2 options we already had of Knopps and Kiko.

There appears to be an attitude that none of Brunos' mob are up to the mark, which whilst mainly true does not apply to them all.

Brown has made some peculiar signings in attempt to freshen things up, Tanser is woefully weak, Eagles will rarely ever get a start and the QPR lad with the long name didn,t even make the bench, another pointless signing.

Not going to slate you, this forum is about opinion mate.

Just don't see Amoros who wasn,t even on the bench suddenly being elevated into the starting 11.

Cicilia is also clearly out of favour along with Kiko.

Sometimes people can ' cut off ones nose to spite your face' .Is Brown guilty of this ? Reggie is definitely worth a place on the bench, the signing of Tanser is absolutely mystifying as he is clearly not better than the 2 options we already had of Knopps and Kiko.

There appears to be an attitude that none of Brunos' mob are up to the mark, which whilst mainly true does not apply to them all.

Brown has made some peculiar signings in attempt to freshen things up, Tanser is woefully weak, Eagles will rarely ever get a start and the QPR lad with the long name didn,t even make the bench, another pointless signing.

I agree. I can't see kiko or amaros making the bench under brown again nevermind the starting 11, personally I feel they've played well when selected and deserve another shot at it. Those signings from QPR do seem very strange especially the lad who can't make the bench.

Millwall are miles better than us! This will be another routine home win.

Let's have some realism here!

Realism really its 11 v 11 nothing more so lets concede the game before a balls is kicked .

I bet theres a fair few punters who lost big money on Chelsea yesterday ,and quite frankly Burnley deserved win .

Did there players and more importantly fans who were fabulous in there support of them give the game to Chelsea because they r miles better ,no they didnt .

Foley will score tomoz and if i was the manager id be telling every player what is totally expected of them .

So whoever is playing up front id say a want a goal each out of u and u chase every ball and run harder than them.

The goalie id be telling a clean sheet from u etc etc .

Smurf u would think u would put free coaches on we need all the Vale we can there tomoz its not to late do it .

Utv we shall win but not with negativity lad .

Realism really its 11 v 11 nothing more so lets concede the game before a balls is kicked .

I bet theres a fair few punters who lost big money on Chelsea yesterday ,and quite frankly Burnley deserved win .

Did there players and more importantly fans who were fabulous in there support of them give the game to Chelsea because they r miles better ,no they didnt .

Foley will score tomoz and if i was the manager id be telling every player what is totally expected of them .

So whoever is playing up front id say a want a goal each out of u and u chase every ball and run harder than them.

Smurf u would think u would put free coaches on we need all the Vale we can there tomoz its not to late do it .

Why are people who are realistic always called negative?

Yes Shrews won at Scunny, Swansea won at Liverpool, Blackburn beat Newcastle, this is why football is the game it is, so can we win YES are we likely to NO.

Millwall are 4/ 9 at bookies , Vale are 13/2. Foley who you say will score is 25/1 to be the 1st goalscorer. Which considering Shalaj is 18/1 is a good bet !!!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/millwall-v-port-vale/first-goalscorer

All of what you say is true, but won,t the Millwall manager be demanding a clean sheet?, won't he be wanting Gregory or Morrison to score?

The likelihood is we will do welll to get anything out of this game and anyone stating such a fact should not suddenly be ridiculed as negative.

Why are people who are realistic always called negative?

Yes Shrews won at Scunny, Swansea won at Liverpool, Blackburn beat Newcastle, this is why football is the game it is, so can we win YES are we likely to NO.

Millwall are 4/ 9 at bookies , Vale are 13/2. Foley who you say will score is 25/1 to be the 1st goalscorer. Which considering Shalaj is 18/1 is a good bet !!!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/millwall-v-port-vale/first-goalscorer

All of what you say is true, but won,t the Millwall manager be demanding a clean sheet?, won't he be wanting Gregory or Morrison to score?

The likelihood is we will do welll to get anything out of this game and anyone stating such a fact should not suddenly be ridiculed as negative.

Foley may well be our penalty taker now that taylors left as he took a few last season.

Without wanting to sound defeatist...Millwall 4-0 Port Vale.

Not a happy hunting ground for us to the best of my knowledge. Regardless, my prediction is again based on us being a bit too soft down the spine of the team up against what is a fairly big, powerful side who did have plenty of chances against us at home as I recall.

So I expect us to concede off set-plays and/or balls into the box as is now customary.

Here's to the Brizzle game and some home comforts. Oh...

Would you also say Germany v San Marino is just 11 v 11 too?

Your example of Burnley and Chelsea isn't the same as us away from home. Burnley have a superb home record (4th best in the Premier League).

I'd love to be proved wrong but I can't see anything but a home win. We have other winnable games that I won't be so "negative" (realistic) with though!

Archived