onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Millwall v Port Vale

Fosse69

Strange things happen in football, will we emerge from the Lion`s Den with three points? I don't care whether they are deserved or not. The prospects are not promising, unbeaten anywhere since before Xmas, by Scunthorpe, and before that by the Shrews at home. Maybe they will be thinking of the Cup, the visit of the Champions of England, let us hope so.

Advert

I think the above comments are right. They just might have one eye on their big game on Saturday and be a bit wary of getting injured, sent off, etc. Let's hope so.

A point would be more than welcome but they usually have a big strong team and are quite physical - teams like that we tend to struggle against.

He'll surely go the same again after such a good display for 94 minutes.

Im a football romantic and i believe on tues night that our players will deliver .

The last three halves of football minus the injury time have been encouraging .

As i didnt go Gillingham i can only go by the stats ,for a away team we deserved a lot better judging by them .

Yes Millwall r a fab team and there fans r so loud when they r at full tilt ,they beat Watford one nil with Gregory and Morrison prominent deservedly so ,they r top six and deservedly so ,if we go there with the mentality that we are going lose lose is exactly what we will do .

I believe we will win do u .

Utv

Team well the performance level was good the other day so i suppose it will be same again .

Id be tempted put Cecelia in but then im a fan of reggie .

2-0 Millwall.

The disastrous summer recruitment and the appalling cheap sell off of our diamonds in January are coming home to roost.

The captain has lost control of the sinking ship.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate on who you mean by the captain, what makes you think they have lost control, and why we're a sinking ship?

I'd love to see those phrases expanded on.

Last time I saw Vale at Millwall, the "Old Den" must have been around 1961 or 1962? Went with some mates from school for an evening match. The players tunnel was behind one of the goals and Vale came out early and warmed up at that end, which really annoyed the Millwall players and their crowd! Reg Davies was their keeper (didn't he play for us later on?) and there was of course the Brady brothers who made Chopper Harris look quite tame.

We kicked off and I think that was the only time the ball went in their half the whole game. Needless to say a 0-0 draw.

I think our team that night was Hancock, Whalley, Sproson, Poole, Nicholson, Miles, Rowland, Steele, either Llewellyn or Harkin, Longbottom (who later changed his name by deed poll to Langley, I quite understand why!) and Stan Edwards who got the nod over Colin Grainger.

Great night and a repeat of the Vale attitude on that night would be most welcome.

Can you elaborate on who you mean by the captain, what makes you think they have lost control, and why we're a sinking ship?

I'd love to see those phrases expanded on.

Sinking ship should be self explanatory really.

Hopefully millwall are looking towards the weekend rather than tomorrow, still will be a huge struggle for us. 2-0 then.

With a bit of luck and a similar away performance to Gills, we can sneak a win here. I'd take cruising the game at 1 - 0 and the last minute equaliser from them though. Just need that little bit of luck to buy us some confidence.

Id like to see Forrester and Walker start, sorry JJ. Don't think itll happen though.

Archived