onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup Rallying Call!

smithie

Bought away tickets on line from Fleetwood Town for the night match in the promotion season [5-2]

Ever since I get at least 2 e mails a month off them. Ive just received one detailing offers in the club shop. Only one Ive had off Vale was before the start of the season asking me why I hadn't renewed my season ticket.

I get regular emails from villa, notts county, Wycombe, Derby and Bristol City because I have been to England women games at some of them and have been for one off games at others.

Advert

If you don't understand why the promoting of Vale is so low then you haven't looked at the Vale employee base. Take five minutes out and look at the staff in the ticket office and in the shop - do they look interested, dynamic, look as if they are looking for a sale or just content to pick up a small crust at the end of the month. When I got my cup ticket I hung around for 10 minutes and a more lethargic "team" of employees I have failed to see in over 40 years of being in industry. Lack lustre and un motivated were words flying through my mind while I stood there. Did anyone try and engage me in conversation - no, did they look to have a smile on their faces - no they certainly did not. What they did look like was clones of Bill Lodey - sour faced and as glum as a wet weekend. If you have a customer come through the door then they should have at least the self motivation to try and establish some sort of rapport with him/her. Ok if the shop is rammed full then they cannot but when the shop is empty there is NO excuse for not trying. Just go and watch them and then tell me that they are trying their best when folks have made the effort to get in the shop only to be faced with the Grinch family

The last time I was at vale park was to pay for a ticket that was booked by a sponsor for the day so I went to the ticket office. I didnt know you couldnt get the ticket from the ticket office but then neither did the ticket office. The person who eventually came to serve me had to ask someone else in the ticket office who didnt know either but made a phone call to find out and apparently I had to go to the main building.

The experience in the main building wasnt much better. No one on reception, someone finally walked past and told me I needed to go to the office upstairs, so I did. No one on reception there either so I pressed a bell and knocked on the glass and although people were moving about in the back office no one attended. Another passer by went into the office and got someone to come out who then phoned someone else to come and deal with me... eventually I paid the 50 quid and left the ticket there for the person who booked it to collect as I could not get to the match.

Its not a complaint, just an observation...

Apparently the ticket office doesnt deal with all tickets [who knew?] but isnt sure who does if they dont.

It took approximately 20 minutes to give vale 50 quid for a ticket that was already booked/ordered.

When the reception isnt manned there are no alternative instructions [ring the bell/go upstairs]

I dont know if this is the norm.

I'm a season ticket holder of many years and think the vale over many years now must be the most unwelcoming club in the league to give money to.About ten years ago i went to renew my season ticket in the bycars only to be greeted with are you sure nobody sits in there now what a sales person.Then when i retired two years ago i decided to go the vale and see about purchasing a box for that season for my family.I went to the main building no one on reception went upstairs no one there aswell stood round for ten minutes then decided to knock on the door some one came out i told them what it was about the answer was we have not decided on price yet but will take your name and address and will get in touch with you still waiting 2 years later.All i can say its been like that for years for us long suffering vale fans and something had better change in the near future or we could lose the club we all love.

It's quite depressing, as a long standing Valiant to read some of the stories and remarks on OVF(various different threads) on the pathetic way our Great Club has been/still is being run.

I'm sure most of us can recount several occasions when we have felt like 2nd rate citizens when approaching and attempting to buy tickets or goods or get information out of the Club.

Whilst I appreciate greatly what Norman has tried to do in his tenure there are glaringly massive problems in what the staff see as reasons to impress casual fans and get bums on seats. The marketing Department(joke) clearly have not got a diddley squat of intelligence or oomph in them.

I am very, very sad to see Vale being portrayed as an almost non entity as far as foresight or ideas are concerned. It is abundantly obvious from some very informed and enthusiastic fans posts that there are fans out there that could sit down with Smurf in a friendly, relaxed meeting to air out all grievances and come up with ideas as to how to market our Club better and perhaps offer spare time to the Club to set up a long standing, calculated plan for the future. If we continue on our current path of expectancy of hard core fans alone to keep attending matches we will VERY SOON be out of business and dragging ourselves around the non league circuit possibly.

This is a Heart-felt plea to Norman to actually set up a meeting with any interested and objective fans to see if we can give this Club a future we all crave.

I went up first thing this morning to get 5 tickets for Sundays game and asked how many home tickets had they sold, over 800!!! Should shift a lot more today and tomorrow and pre match Sunday. Ticket office open 9 in the morning until 3 pm I believe??

I'm a season ticket holder of many years and think the vale over many years now must be the most unwelcoming club in the league to give money to.About ten years ago i went to renew my season ticket in the bycars only to be greeted with are you sure nobody sits in there now what a sales person.Then when i retired two years ago i decided to go the vale and see about purchasing a box for that season for my family.I went to the main building no one on reception went upstairs no one there aswell stood round for ten minutes then decided to knock on the door some one came out i told them what it was about the answer was we have not decided on price yet but will take your name and address and will get in touch with you still waiting 2 years later.All i can say its been like that for years for us long suffering vale fans and something had better change in the near future or we could lose the club we all love.

I was a season ticket holder for many years, went up to the ticket office last season to renew on the pay monthly scheme, and to buy an away ticket I think it was for Bury and book on the bus, but was told that cash only for the season ticket renewal even though it was a debit card I was going to use not credit card, and I came away with nothing.

I was a season ticket holder for many years, went up to the ticket office last season to renew on the pay monthly scheme, and to buy an away ticket I think it was for Bury and book on the bus, but was told that cash only for the season ticket renewal even though it was a debit card I was going to use not credit card, and I came away with nothing.

Nothing like making it easy for people to give you money eh

Last time i bought a ticket for a home match from the ticket office, i enquired about a form for the ''Vale Lottery '' the lad in the ticket office did not have a clue what i was on about ? He had to make a phone call and then told me i had to go to the main reception to get a form !!!!!!!!! Needless to say i did not bother, so why is it so difficult not to have them on the counter in the ticket office or club shop. is it really so difficult ?

The last time I was at vale park was to pay for a ticket that was booked by a sponsor for the day so I went to the ticket office. I didnt know you couldnt get the ticket from the ticket office but then neither did the ticket office. The person who eventually came to serve me had to ask someone else in the ticket office who didnt know either but made a phone call to find out and apparently I had to go to the main building.

The experience in the main building wasnt much better. No one on reception, someone finally walked past and told me I needed to go to the office upstairs, so I did. No one on reception there either so I pressed a bell and knocked on the glass and although people were moving about in the back office no one attended. Another passer by went into the office and got someone to come out who then phoned someone else to come and deal with me... eventually I paid the 50 quid and left the ticket there for the person who booked it to collect as I could not get to the match.

Its not a complaint, just an observation...

Apparently the ticket office doesnt deal with all tickets [who knew?] but isnt sure who does if they dont.

It took approximately 20 minutes to give vale 50 quid for a ticket that was already booked/ordered.

When the reception isnt manned there are no alternative instructions [ring the bell/go upstairs]

I dont know if this is the norm.

it is the norm geo, more life in the crem.

Does anyone know how to purchase corporate tix for Sunday (or any game for that), want to take my young lad on Sunday but not sit in a freezing cold , miserable stand with him

Go to the main entrance, ask for Estelle or Joe Longhurst. Not sure of opening times tomorrow though, maybe best wait until Sunday morning.

Archived