onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup Rallying Call!

smithie

We're now less than 5 days away from arguably our biggest game of the season so far.

There's big money at stake for Vale if they can get through, not to mention the possibility of a biggie in Round Three.

BUT....this is more about Vale fans be they active/inactive/lapsed/disillusioned/disappointed or whatever they describe themselves as.

Put aside your issues for one day. £12 or £6 gets you in, which is excellent in this day and age.

Get down to Vale Park and show your support. We all know what a noisy and raucous home support can do for us.

If you want to come and berate Norman all match, fine. Come and do it at cut-price! However, singing and encouragement could well make all the difference for the mighty Valiants.

JUST BE THERE and let's cheer us into Round 3!!

Advert

I can't make my mind up on this one, a mate asked me if we're going but the way we've been lately even £12 is alot to pay to have your evening ruined! Will decide on the day but it really is a struggle lately because we know we are giving our club our hard earned cash purely through blind loyalty but I suppose football can change quickly so u never know they could supprise us.

Come on lads, its the cup get up the VALE and shout for your team. Remember how it feels walking down the Hamill after winning, We all know the "reasons" you said you'd never go again Bell out, Mold out, Adams out, Smurf out, teams too big, to many foriegners, but this is VALE playing in the cup cheer em on get a win then hope for a big home game, £12 to get out of the house, away from the misses as dellboy says "you know it makes sense"...

A spot of Sunday lunch & a couple of pints in the boozer and then off up the Vale seems like a good plan to me.

I don;t know why but I'm looking forward to it

Me too. It's a great feeling being in the hat for Round 3, and I still get a huge buzz from the draw being made. I try not to see what number we're allocated in each round, just to keep the drama there a few seconds longer!

Working sat night but will get up early to go ill show my committment and have little to no sleep as working sunday night aswell ,so i want c something special .

Thats the whole point of football creating happiness within your support.

Its a massive game because it might put new life into a club who have not for many a year created a story in the Fa Cup.

We r long overdue one

Utv

Working sat night but will get up early to go ill show my committment and have little to no sleep as working sunday night aswell ,so i want c something special .

Thats the whole point of football creating happiness within your support.

Its a massive game because it might put new life into a club who have not for many a year created a story in the Fa Cup.

We r long overdue one

Utv

Fair play to you youth, I'm not sure I'd be that committed in the same circumstances

Whilst I echo th op's sentiment I do feel like the club could really do more. I remember a Friday night cup game v Doncaster a few years ago, we were having a bad spell and Tony dinning spoke to the sentinel(!) saying how the fans should get off our backs and support us and other such stuff.

The atmosphere that night was immense, the crowd wasn't particularly large, but, we were behind them, it was like an away game.

We played well, and won.

There were a group of Danish lads over to experience the magic of the fa cup (anyone remember a bunch at the back of the paddock shirtless? That was them) I had more than a few pints with them after, they loved it, couldn't believe the passion and noise from a comparatively small crowd.

I hanker for a vale park crowd like this again.

This is our biggest game of the season.

I'm a lapsed fan (3 games only this season)

I'm going, and I'm gonna drag along as many as I can.

It's such a shame Norman seems content to ramble on to his little group of followers of Twitter instead of selling the dream to the masses.

The sentinel would be a big help right now.

The latest from the club in their attempt to build the buzz and get more fans though the gate for the game on Sunday is below.

Will that work?Will it get more people through the gate to watch the game?

Archived