onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup Rallying Call!

smithie

Advert

Shame Norman and his marketing team don't seem to have the same enthusiasm in trying to get us to go to the game. I'll be there but our numbers are dwindling and the club seem to want to do little about it. UTV.

To be fair surely if you support Port Vale you must have more than a passing interest in football and will be aware that it's FA Cup 2nd Round weekend and know Vale are in it. I am pretty sure that the BBC and BT Sport have been advertising what games are going to be shown over the weekend another reminder. I am not sure what else the club can do to make people aware surely people are not going to say that they did not attend because they didnt know.

To be fair surely if you support Port Vale you must have more than a passing interest in football and will be aware that it's FA Cup 2nd Round weekend and know Vale are in it. I am pretty sure that the BBC and BT Sport have been advertising what games are going to be shown over the weekend another reminder. I am not sure what else the club can do to make people aware surely people are not going to say that they did not attend because they didnt know.

It's not necessarily about them knowing there's a game on. It's about getting them excited to come to the game and finding ways to encourage them through the gates. We really don't do that very well at all.

The people who turn up week in week out will know the game is on and will be there... how about attracting people who dont turn up week in week out... if your happy with that you must be happy with the crowds we get.

I dont see this as a big game in any way other than 1] financial gain 2] the hope we get a big name in the next round which will bring a better financial payout.

Its hartlepool for crying out loud... people wont get excited about it unless you stir them up, except the people who turn up week in week out

I think the crowd situation is worrying.I dont know how much promoting a game costs but if you spend £10000 that means you have to attract over 800 people @ £12 a go. Do you think that is doable on a Sunday in December?

A social media campaign is FREE. E-mailing your existing season ticket holders is FREE. Putting the tickets in newsagents, pubs and takeaways can be done very cheaply. Showing a bit of gumption and doing a sales pitch at big local employers would help.

Meanwhile, crowds are falling but never mind. I'm sure they'll come back one day. That's the spirit eh, marketing department?

I think the crowd situation is worrying.I dont know how much promoting a game costs but if you spend £10000 that means you have to attract over 800 people @ £12 a go. Do you think that is doable on a Sunday in December?

The idea is to get them there for more than 1 game... lets say you attracted just 5 people who come to the rest of the season at 20 quid a throw and those new fans come the next 5 seasons... [10 [round number] x 20 x 5] + [23 x 20 x 5 x 5] = 12,500?.. add merchandise/food/drink etc.

It has to be a long term project, short term will fail as proven by previous trials[?]... we should be well into plans for next season now.

Sadly we seem to be falling short... Ive seen adverts on the official site for ticket information with no price... events advertised with no price.. no links on the page to go straight to booking etc etc etc.... the social media content seems to be based around smurf... not port vale... the internet can be very useful tool unless you have a tool using it... and its cheap... if you want cheap advertising in the local paper create a news item [smurf says/bruno says/x player says] and incorporate it in the story... billboards arent cheap so get a local company to sponsor it with their logo/slogan/news item whatever... be creative, think outside the box, think long term.

I wonder what the marketing budget is?

I was told by a highly-credible source that the budget for marketing of season-ticket sales was literally zero. Even that wouldn't be insurmountable if full and proper use was made of FREE communications.

I've asked before and I still wonder - what exactly do ticket office staff do all week?

A social media campaign is FREE. E-mailing your existing season ticket holders is FREE. Putting the tickets in newsagents, pubs and takeaways can be done very cheaply. Showing a bit of gumption and doing a sales pitch at big local employers would help.

Meanwhile, crowds are falling but never mind. I'm sure they'll come back one day. That's the spirit eh, marketing department?

To use football parlance... I agree 101% - you've mirrored my thoughts exactly. I work in marketing for my dayjob. If budgets are tight then there are free and cheap options. Not all of them will work but as with most marketing activities you should at least test and try them rather than not bother at all.

You also need to plan and create a marketing strategy. For example, should you email once a month plus one-off emails for ticket promotions and events such as Christmas? What events do you want to target? What were the results of the last marketing campaigns - are they worth repeating? What are your rival clubs doing?

None of it particularly difficult (I can do it so it can't be) but you need to be dedicated, organised and be prepared to test and tweak things over time (not just try it once and dismiss it out of hand if it doesn't work the first time).

Bought away tickets on line from Fleetwood Town for the night match in the promotion season [5-2]

Ever since I get at least 2 e mails a month off them. Ive just received one detailing offers in the club shop. Only one Ive had off Vale was before the start of the season asking me why I hadn't renewed my season ticket.

Bought away tickets on line from Fleetwood Town for the night match in the promotion season [5-2]

Ever since I get at least 2 e mails a month off them. Ive just received one detailing offers in the club shop. Only one Ive had off Vale was before the start of the season asking me why I hadn't renewed my season ticket.

You should put the one off Vale on ebay under rare/collectable memorabilia.

Archived