onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Port Vale v Southend Utd

robf

Advert

Excellent result and didnt expect it (even though wasnt sure what would happen)

every player gave their all the 100% we ask for,

rode our luck on a couple of occasions (first half when we were shaky for a period at the back n 2nd half when ball nearly crossed line)but worthy winners with 2 great goals and more than a few mom candidates with foley taking it and forrester a top 2nd half performance (holding the ball up whilst carrying their defender on his back) along with taveres who doesnt shirk a challenge..

back four seemed solid enough with smith looking the pick - corners though still seems as though opposition win more headers-

Hooper a selfless performance playing out wide and getting back a top attitude and did a really decent job.

still some things to work on but the forced change of cicilia gave forrester his chance and he certainly took it.

dare i say more optimistic now than before as the jigsaw has some some pcs certainly in place with the style of playing being mixed up

well done lads look forward to more --appy

First thirty odd minutes were absolute poo from both teams. Hard to remember either of them stringing three passes together. Then we scored a lovely goal out of the blue - brilliant work by Foley - and we seemed to get a bit of confidence. At the start of the second half they had an effort which may or may not have crossed the line but the liner said no so fair enough. We were better second half and deserved the second goal. Streete and Smith were excellent again and Streete's goal was a great finish.

Southend were very poor - 8 defeats in a row now for them. Glad we were able to take advantage and get three very welcome points. I hope Bruno doesn't make a raft of changes again on Tuesday but I'd rather see Hooper up top with Forrester rather than wide right again - didn't understand that bit.

A ropey first 20 minutes but after that we did well against a very physical, very cynical team. Countless fouls to stop us breaking, and very little protection from lee probert.

We defended well on the whole and although knopps looks confident enough at left back, mac-intosch is certainly not a full back and coped well defensively without giving much going forward. I do think if purkiss has been available we'd have been much better.

De freitas good when he came on, and streete took his goal really well

I made the right decision not going today and fair play only listened to it on radio but the game sounded dire and the atmos was none existent all you could here were individual people talking to eachother didn't sound at all like a football match going on so would I want spent £23 for that? of course not but back on topic I'm happy Vale ground the result out but we really have to improve.

An ironic comment when you can't even be bothered to go the game itself.Maybe the players and the crowd missed your party creating atmosphere skill's.

Poor game, not helped by a combination of persistent fouling/over fussy referee, again fairly solid, though thought we were lucky to survive unscathed the "pressure" immediately before we scored our 1st. Positives were again the defence, Folely and Grant, plus Forrester - actually rally good in the air. De Freitas also played well when he came on and is prepared to run with the ball.

Negatives, well McIntosh isn't a full back and I'm not entirely sure what formation we were playing as Hooper seemed stuck on the right and had little impac in the game. We do lack creativity, pace and people who are prepared to run with the ball especially down the flanks. For all the talk of football that's not been seen at VP for years, I thought today was little different from last year.

how can you improve on a clean sheet 2-0 win? i cant believe these comments are real.

Silly comment. You can always improve. If you would have gone you would have seen that there is a lot of room for improvement. Some real good performances...eventually.

Also the subs all had a positive impact on the game. Forrester was great and close to MOM for me, although Foley worked tirelessly and the award was well deserved.

I was frustrated in the first half with the 4.3.3. formation as it was isolating all 3 front players and as such our play broke dpwn quickly. We looked better at 4.1.4.1. Good defence again today.

This is certainly interesting as ive no idea what to expect on Tuesday. 3 points please.

Silly comment. You can always improve. If you would have gone you would have seen that there is a lot of room for improvement. Some real good performances...eventually.

Also the subs all had a positive impact on the game. Forrester was great and close to MOM for me, although Foley worked tirelessly and the award was well deserved.

I was frustrated in the first half with the 4.3.3. formation as it was isolating all 3 front players and as such our play broke dpwn quickly. We looked better at 4.1.4.1. Good defence again today.

This is certainly interesting as ive no idea what to expect on Tuesday. 3 points please.

i dont think you need to call my comment silly.

my opinion is that, personally for me, we won, the job is done, we move onto tuesday, ask for the same again, a two nil win, clean sheet, it's simple really when you put it like that.

After the first 2 games this season I was expecting us to be beaten today, despite southends bad start to the season. but I thought we were the better team apart from the odd 5 minutes in either half.

The defense played really well..you can tell we have 4 center back in there.

Grant was brilliant. Foley too. Thomas had his moments. Tavares did well..great reception for him as he went off injured!

And Hooper and forrester grew into the game.

De freitas did well when he came on for Thomas. Passing could have been better and we could be a bit quicker in the build up but this team can only get better and I think once we get there we will be a top team in this league.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived