onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

boltonsno1

How do you know what the supporters think? I know you used to be one but seeing as you choose to no longer attend, your only knowledge of what any significant number of fans think must be gained from comments on here and the majority of anti

There were about 8 of us who went to virtually every game. Last season none went regularly . 2 didn't go at all , 2 went to one game and the rest a mere handful. I see and speak to a lot of fans but I think the only one I have seen for a while that has been regularly is Old Sage. A couple have good reasons illness/work but it doesn't make good reading. Have it your way if you must but there seems to be no spark amongst Vale fans at the moment.

Would any of those return IF we were in the top 6 or IF we got Championship football with Page in charge?

Advert

Would any of those return IF we were in the top 6 or IF we got Championship football with Page in charge?

You would have to ask them. Personally that's not what it would take for me. I am not a glory hunter. What I do want is ambition from the club , effort and loyalty from the players and what looks like motivation,tactics and preparation from the manager

The problem is if all 13 offered contracts that will give us a squad of 22 which doesn't leave much room for many more signings.The wages been paid to Lloyd,Yates, Moore , Duffy,Johnson and Birchall would pay for two or three players to improve the team. The only ones who will not accept their offers will be the better regular first team players so we will end up with a weaker team.

My thoughts too, I understand the need for back up but we should trying to improve. I think that if any of the 13 don't accept it'll be people like o connor or andoh, so we'll have to replace them and then bring in additions as well. If all we do is replace the good players that decline then it's not necessarily improving just replacing. However if they all accept I still think we can get 4 additions in to improve us. A big strong Centre half, a quality striker and a right winger are priorities in my opinion.

You don't half talk some ****. Our budget was 1.6m ish this season wasn't it? We then managed to sign Robinson, alnwick, inniss and Hooper. Still Let's bash smurf.
Whilst you on the other hand are a very wise man. Do me a favour.

Just hope it's Yates,Duffy,Moore,Johnson,Lloyd and Birchall.

If there's no money to improve their offers why is Dodds having a meeting with Norman?

Perhaps because his is not a new contract, but a trigger on an existing contract which may include positive financial clauses.

At a loss with Birchall and Yates again. Even looking at it simplistically and not considering ability they have made less than 10 appearances(counting sub games) between them since the start of the year. Shocking to even offer them contracts. I really want to like Page but the bloke does himself no favours at all with decision like that, they offer nothing to the squad at all! They've already out stayed there usefulness by a year at least it can easily be argued!

You are twisting words. I said athe t are staying away because of the manager. Nowhere did I say when or if they will return. It is up to the club to get them back but it wont do so by treading water. In this context the happy clappers are irrelevant , it is the doubters that need to be turned. The longer they stay away the harder it will become. You have to target the floating voters not the hardcore, similar in many ways to a general election.

You say 'happy clappers', I say 'realists'.

Just because you support your team and actually appreciate the job Page is doing within the constraints of a budget and under the Chairmanship of a lunatic, does not mean you are a happy clapper.

However, refusing to go despite our best home form and performances bar the promotion season for a decade is quite frankly lame, boring and tiresome.

You would have to ask them. Personally that's not what it would take for me. I am not a glory hunter. What I do want is ambition from the club , effort and loyalty from the players and what looks like motivation,tactics and preparation from the manager

and we can't get even one out of three at present.

You say 'happy clappers', I say 'realists'.

Just because you support your team and actually appreciate the job Page is doing within the constraints of a budget and under the Chairmanship of a lunatic, does not mean you are a happy clapper.

However, refusing to go despite our best home form and performances bar the promotion season for a decade is quite frankly lame, boring and tiresome.

Don't worry sonny you will learn to live with it.

So what you are saying Nick is that we should sack the manager to get fans returning?? If so what if the next appointment is someone you rate highly and return along with others but now many dont agree with that decision so refuse to attend,should we then sack that manager for that reason and so on and so forth?

Why do you think Page should be sacked,surely not for that one reason?? i am intrigued

Im not a Page fan, but i will say imo he isnt the reason for people staying away. Hesdone a decent job overall considering that idiot who calls himself chairman/owner.

However imo Page if he was going to be sacked should have been dispensed with after the Exeter debacle.

But having reached the close season it would be daft to sack him now as that will not bring fansback either & as frustrated as i am with his gutless retained list 7 names too many, he has to be given another summer now.

So to assume as you seem to do regularly that ALL his decisions are wrong and he doesn't know what he's doing is a bit crazy.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. We don't agree. End of.

I don't think that ALL his decisions are wrong by any means - in fact, even in my previous post I agreed with his releasing of McGivern. He made a number of good signings last Summer to improve us and hopefully this Summer he can bring in similarly decent signings as Grant, Purkiss & Foley. I think he's done an OK job this season in a very average League 1, with a good set of home results.

I just reckon, and find frustrating, that he drops the odd b0ll0ck (as do all managers) around his recruitment, selections, approach to/tactics in certain games, along with some of his media comments, with some of his b0ll0cks being bigger than others, i.e. this retained list being the same b0ll0ck that he dropped last year, in regards to the 4 players that I mentioned in my previous post (........or maybe I'm just talking b0ll0cks! :laugh:)

As you say its about opinions. End of. Again.

It's a lazy retained list. Just like his mentor.

No it isn't, it has been carefully thought about and you probably fail to understand the subtleties in retained lists, which on their own mean little without knowing the wages offered as well.

There is also the element of having a good idea who will accept and reject terms, and which players have been scouted and may be preparing to sign.

Unless you know all the above factors, your remark is nonsense and ill conceived. By mentor I suppose you mean Micky Adams - any other people connected with the club you want to have a pop at ?

Archived