onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

boltonsno1

Advert

You are twisting words. I said a lot are staying away because of the manager. Nowhere did I say when or if they will return. It is up to the club to get them back but it wont do so by treading water. In this context the happy clappers are irrelevant , it is the doubters that need to be turned. The longer they stay away the harder it will become. You have to target the floating voters not the hardcore, similar in many ways to a general election.

If they were still staying away after the football we played at the start of the season then they aren't football fans or Vale fans.

After seeing the players who have been released ,there is not a one id have kept ,yes all on there day capable of a ok performance but not consistently putting a performance in what merits a contract .

As for the ones he has offered deals for im thinking that maybe dodds will probably be the only one who signs if the what they r getting is been reduced by a big sum .

its like someone saying to me right Phil u on 11 pounds a hr ( working permenant nights with shift allowance),oh we dropping your wages to minimum wage ,id say well im gone then and i dont have a mortgage so if these players have money committments then they have to go dont they .

i dont want any sign and we certainly dont want them sign if they r bitter ,annoyed ,feeling deflated ,unhappy at the club cause what happens is they take it on the pitch and put in horror shows ( no heart ,no pride in the shirt )like v Burton And Walsall at home .

How to demotivate on that scale chairman u world class at it sell the club please .

Im not a Page fan, but i will say imo he isnt the reason for people staying away. Hesdone a decent job overall considering that idiot who calls himself chairman/owner.

However imo Page if he was going to be sacked should have been dispensed with after the Exeter debacle.

But having reached the close season it would be daft to sack him now as that will not bring fansback either & as frustrated as i am with his gutless retained list 7 names too many, he has to be given another summer now.

At least you have made some sense and not just blinkered to being anti Page as some clearly are

No it isn't, it has been carefully thought about and you probably fail to understand the subtleties in retained lists, which on their own mean little without knowing the wages offered as well.

There is also the element of having a good idea who will accept and reject terms, and which players have been scouted and may be preparing to sign.

Unless you know all the above factors, your remark is nonsense and ill conceived. By mentor I suppose you mean Micky Adams - any other people connected with the club you want to have a pop at ?

For me he has explained his reasons and like Jean has stated he is more qualified than any of us to make these decisions,as he knows more of what goes on in the club than we do........The one thing that concerns me is that he said he had a positive meeting with Smurf on the budget and he expected Smurf to come out and say he was backing him,yet that is still to happen,so maybe things have changed since the Walsall result or Page is using a chunk of the money to sign up existing players and replacing them if they dont sign and Smurf has said he will fund a CB and striker himself mmm

If they were still staying away after the football we played at the start of the season then they aren't football fans or Vale fans.

But you still need them to come , don't you? Call them what you will , for the club to have a reasonable budget YOU NEED THEM.

But you still need them to come , don't you? Call them what you will , for the club to have a reasonable budget YOU NEED THEM.

Now that i do agree with Nick,we do need fans coming in but i dont think changing the manager would have an impact when you have the same man pulling the strings

At least you have made some sense and not just blinkered to being anti Page as some clearly are

Being anti Page is not necessarily being blinkered . Should people who believe strongly in something change their minds just because a few others with different opinions tell them to? It appears that neither side will back down and we need a manager with everyone behind him. What would you do to get the numbers through the gate?

We are always quick to slag players off for going for the big buck in many ways rightly so but there is little loyalty in football today, but R P has shown some to a few of our long serving players, a good sign to tempt players to come to Vale park . We need to be a club that players want come to, some of the comments on the retained list are totally out of order RP knows the players and what ever you think of him we have slowly improved. Next year is a defining season go forward and its happy days go back then its thanks Rob and we move on.

You are twisting words. I said a lot are staying away because of the manager. Nowhere did I say when or if they will return. It is up to the club to get them back but it wont do so by treading water. In this context the happy clappers are irrelevant , it is the doubters that need to be turned. The longer they stay away the harder it will become. You have to target the floating voters not the hardcore, similar in many ways to a general election.

A lot are not staying away because of the manager! Just one clown with a beard is staying away because of the manager and in doing so, missing some of the best football since Rudge

They way we ended the season has really damaged our prospects of selling season tickets because we leave the season feeling let down and embarraced so how can they expect people be happy give their hard earned money to the club other than for blind loyalty? Yes on the whole the season can be considered a sucess but the lack of effort by the players in them last couple of games is what we remember going into the summer close season.

Archived