onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

boltonsno1

I'd think Andoh will sign.Will anyone else be wanting to take the risk on him due to his injury?

He will sign, but as he is out until at least October, will he ever be the same player again? Should be a six month contract max.

Advert

Nick, my view is they are most certainly very important

But Irrelevant to the argument in question.

It is no use saying to the fanbase I will buy a striker if you come or if you buy a ST I will increase the budget. THEY ARE ALREADY COMING. To attract new fans or bring old ones back you cant tread water or go backwards. You have to do something to appeal to that particular group of people or they will stay away. There will come a time when they will even stop listening. You don't have to be a marketing genius to work that out.

Nick, my view is they are most certainly very important

But Irrelevant to the argument in question.

It is no use saying to the fanbase I will buy a striker if you come or if you buy a ST I will increase the budget. THEY ARE ALREADY COMING. To attract new fans or bring old ones back you cant tread water or go backwards. You have to do something to appeal to that particular group of people or they will stay away. There will come a time when they will even stop listening. You don't have to be a marketing genius to work that out.

What would he have to say to cure an illness like you mentioned earlier though?

Twice now, why on earth doesn't he back himself to find and sign better players. He proved he could do it last season.

It's like he loves to have crap cheerleaders around the club as that's all people like Lloyd, Moore and Yates are.

According to Vale player I speak to, Moore is the best player at the club on the training pitch, by a mile too. Perhaps the fans will see some of it on the pitch next season?

At least you have made some sense and not just blinkered to being anti Page as some clearly are

To be honest i want to like him but i find him so very frustrating.

When interviewed he talks positively & sounds like he does have a plan.

Then we see such gutless & abject performances such as Exeter, Walsall, Burton & such like & i question whether he is the man for the job.

Then the retained list oh dear oh dear....id much rather see the back of the likes yates etc & see some of our youngsters given the chanceto fill in if needed, id rather get behind a fresh face than see the same tired old faces who frankly arent up to it & will be the cause of the same frailties they always have.

According to Vale player I speak to, Moore is the best player at the club on the training pitch, by a mile too. Perhaps the fans will see some of it on the pitch next season?

Without doubt he has skill and can be a good players.Its great that he is best player in training.But he needs to do it more consistent during an actual match.Fingers crossed that's what he will do.

True, but some idea if he is going to recover or not. Otherwise a month to month contract.

Even then a slight set back during his recovery and his time is up.

I would think / hope they have been in discussion with the relevant medical staff to find out just what the situation is,how its progressing,what the likely outcome will be.If good then 1 year contract.Dot really see much point in a 6 month contract when he will be out for most of the 6 months anyway.

Fingers crossed everything turns out well for him and the club.

Even then a slight set back during his recovery and his time is up.

I would think / hope they have been in discussion with the relevant medical staff to find out just what the situation is,how its progressing,what the likely outcome will be.If good then 1 year contract.Dot really see much point in a 6 month contract when he will be out for most of the 6 months anyway.

Fingers crossed everything turns out well for him and the club.

True, but I wouldn't give a 12 month contract to anyone who isn't fit for the first half of it.

Its a given that the hardcore will buy STs or attend no matter what... but I say again its not enough to stand still let alone progress... some effort must be made to attract new and disenfranchised supporters through the gates.

Some/any concerted effort should/must be made by all means possible... an aura of positivity needs to emanate from the club from all areas

What lies?

I am not bitter and twisted , not since I stopped going anyway. Much happier now thanks.

If you're much happier now, why do you keep hanging round on here? You might once have been a fan but you're certainly not now. It's like someone hanging round outside their ex- wife's house, shouting "I've moved on!" up at the bedroom window.

If you're much happier now, why do you keep hanging round on here? You might once have been a fan but you're certainly not now. It's like someone hanging round outside their ex- wife's house, shouting "I've moved on!" up at the bedroom window.

Do you ever stop being a fan?... no matter where life takes you

I didn't mention any illness . That is one person who is terminally ill and I object to making that the subject of sick jokes.

There were about 8 of us who went to virtually every game. Last season none went regularly . 2 didn't go at all , 2 went to one game and the rest a mere handful. I see and speak to a lot of fans but I think the only one I have seen for a while that has been regularly is Old Sage. A couple have good reasons illness/work but it doesn't make good reading. Have it your way if you must but there seems to be no spark amongst Vale fans at the moment.

That was the part I was referring to.

Admit i may have been wrong to put the word 'you'.It wasn't intended as a joke in any way.

Archived