onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

boltonsno1

I simply can't believe that one Warren in regards to Burton. I am convinced that the majority find ways around the rule. Smurf on the other hand uses it as a reason not to provide a better budget.

You don't half talk some ****. Our budget was 1.6m ish this season wasn't it? We then managed to sign Robinson, alnwick, inniss and Hooper. Still Let's bash smurf.

Advert

The problem is if all 13 offered contracts that will give us a squad of 22 which doesn't leave much room for many more signings.The wages been paid to Lloyd,Yates, Moore , Duffy,Johnson and Birchall would pay for two or three players to improve the team. The only ones who will not accept their offers will be the better regular first team players so we will end up with a weaker team.

My guess is that several may not sign

if they all resign then what a team we will be able to field,YAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The same team that got us close to the play offs this Season. Do you honestly think we aren't going to bring in a Striker and centre half. The 2 reasons why we didn't reach the play offs this season.

I remember exactly the same reaction on here last Season when the retained list came out. Hmmmm we didn't do too badly considering the abuse Page got on here. And don't forget we lost 2 major players in Andoh and Innis.

So perhaps instead of all hanging ourselves or jumping in the local Canal, we should just wait until Aug and see what happens.

The same team that got us close to the play offs this Season. Do you honestly think we aren't going to bring in a Striker and centre half. The 2 reasons why we didn't reach the play offs this season.

I remember exactly the same reaction on here last Season when the retained list came out. Hmmmm we didn't do too badly considering the abuse Page got on here. And don't forget we lost 2 major players in Andoh and Innis.

So perhaps instead of all hanging ourselves or jumping in the local Canal, we should just wait until Aug and see what happens.

Wait till May2017 and see what happens when vale become a league two side !!

I'm not suggesting for one moment that Page doesn't make mistakes. I'm not suggesting for one minute that I agree with all his decisions. I'm simply pointing out that he is rather better qualified to make this decisions than some of us on here. So to assume as you seem to do regularly that ALL his decisions are wrong and he doesn't know what he's doing is a bit crazy. I don't know what job you do but I'm pretty sure that if Rob Page told you every day that you were useless at it without having any understanding of the requirements of your role you wouldn't be very happy.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. We don't agree. End of.

The problem is that Page has to turn up to every game , the supporters don't. It is clear that quite a few supporters are fully behind Page but there are a hell of a lot who are not. Whether this latter group are right or wrong is irrelevant, whatever names or titles you give them. For the club to progress well over 90 % of the fanbase have to be behind the manager. You cant force people to go , so there can be only one solution/casualty, like it or not. The problem is that across football the decision is often made too late.

The problem is that Page has to turn up to every game , the supporters don't. It is clear that quite a few supporters are fully behind Page but there are a hell of a lot who are not. Whether this latter group are right or wrong is irrelevant, whatever names or titles you give them. For the club to progress well over 90 % of the fanbase have to be behind the manager. You cant force people to go , so there can be only one solution/casualty, like it or not. The problem is that across football the decision is often made too late.

So what you are saying Nick is that we should sack the manager to get fans returning?? If so what if the next appointment is someone you rate highly and return along with others but now many dont agree with that decision so refuse to attend,should we then sack that manager for that reason and so on and so forth?

Why do you think Page should be sacked,surely not for that one reason?? i am intrigued

It is clear that quite a few supporters are fully behind Page but there are a hell of a lot who are not.

How do you know what the supporters think? I know you used to be one but seeing as you choose to no longer attend, your only knowledge of what any significant number of fans think must be gained from comments on here and the majority of anti-Page posts are from trolls and WUMs.

So what you are saying Nick is that we should sack the manager to get fans returning?? If so what if the next appointment is someone you rate highly and return along with others but now many dont agree with that decision so refuse to attend,should we then sack that manager for that reason and so on and so forth?

Why do you think Page should be sacked,surely not for that one reason?? i am intrigued

You are twisting words. I said a lot are staying away because of the manager. Nowhere did I say when or if they will return. It is up to the club to get them back but it wont do so by treading water. In this context the happy clappers are irrelevant , it is the doubters that need to be turned. The longer they stay away the harder it will become. You have to target the floating voters not the hardcore, similar in many ways to a general election.

How do you know what the supporters think? I know you used to be one but seeing as you choose to no longer attend, your only knowledge of what any significant number of fans think must be gained from comments on here and the majority of anti

There were about 8 of us who went to virtually every game. Last season none went regularly . 2 didn't go at all , 2 went to one game and the rest a mere handful. I see and speak to a lot of fans but I think the only one I have seen for a while that has been regularly is Old Sage. A couple have good reasons illness/work but it doesn't make good reading. Have it your way if you must but there seems to be no spark amongst Vale fans at the moment.

You are twisting words. I said a lot are staying away because of the manager. Nowhere did I say when or if they will return. It is up to the club to get them back but it wont do so by treading water. In this context the happy clappers are irrelevant , it is the doubters that need to be turned. The longer they stay away the harder it will become. You have to target the floating voters not the hardcore, similar in many ways to a general election.

You said you cant force supporters to go,so there is only one solution,intimating that sacking Page would bring supporters back,thats not twisting your words Nick

Listening to Rob Page today I think the retained list makes sense. Yes it won't please some but given the budget has gone down I think it's a good list. As he says, who do you get in at their wages who is experienced and fits in with the dressing room and can do a job?

Archived