onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

boltonsno1

Advert

I think Dickinson may stay. I probably wouldn't be too bothered about that, he has been ok this year. I'm not sure we can justify him being one of our top earners though, and I suspect he won't get the same money he is on here at any other club in our league. I'd like to think some agreement could be reached, as he is a long way off our worst ever left back, although probably a long way off our best too.

This should be done this week. Whos going to be on it?

I got it completely wrong last season so I'm expecting nothing more this time around:laugh:

However, I'd be surprised if Dickinson, Duffy, O'Connor, Dodds and Andoh weren't offered new deals. As for the rest I think RP has some difficult decisions to make, as I get the feeling one or two may be offered deals due to budget constraints, with a view to leaving maybe 4/5 places in the squad to bring people into a reduced size squad.

But referring to my first thought, I'm probably way off the mark! :laugh::laugh:

Two things came out of yesterdays match for me the first is that page has got a big job on his hands reshaping the squad.for me he needs 2 centre backs another full back,possibly 2 midfielders a winger if andoh is fit and and a striker.The other thing is they should find a way to house the home fans in the hamil what a differance that would make to the team on the pitch the noise that stand generates instead of the cow shed that is the bycars it is a disgrace to put the home fans in the worst part of the stadium at any football club.

Hamilboy echoes my thoughts too. If we wish to be considered for promotion next season we have to be ruthless and let some of Rob's "overachievers" go. I will not be popular but Duffy and O'Connor have to be replaced along with Mcgivern, Yates, Moore, Birchall and Robinson from the major 1st team squad. Some may be good enough as squad players but they are not definitely top Division 1 players. For Vale to be serious challengers the manager has to see that the above would in now way cut it in the Championship.

Every fan will have his own favourites or thoughts on who we should keep but in all honesty if we rid ourselves of the above we would have a reasonable amount of money available to get in players that will improve our Team.

Like other Valiants though, my gut tells me we will be seeing the majority of the current lot with a couple going only.

Anybody got a list of who's out of contract?

There's a list in this page:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2016/05/rob-page-wants-to-seal-early-summer-deals/

But I've copied below as well:

Under contract next season...

Jak Alnwick, Ryan Boot, Ben Purkiss, Remie Streete, Nathan Smith, Anthony Grant, Sam Foley, Sam Kelly and JJ Hooper plus youngsters Dan Turner, James Gibbons and Harry Pickering.

Out of contract next season...

Louis Dodds *, AJ Leitch-Smith, Carl Dickinson, Ryan McGivern, Richard Duffy, Michael O'Connor, Chris Birchall, Theo Robinson, Achille Campion, Byron Moore, Sam Johnson, Enoch Andoh, Colin Daniel, Chris Neal, Ryan Lloyd and Adam Yates. Plus the first-year professionals (not listed here but the likes of Steele, Kapend etc)

* Dodds has option for another year which I believe has been activated

---

I suspect Birchall, Robinson, Campion, Johnson, Daniel, Lloyd, Yates and either Duffy/McGivern (I think he'll try and keep one experienced defender) may be released.

With the three keepers (Alnwick, Boot and Pickering) already under contract, perhaps even Neal will simply be released too. He has mentioned a "gentleman's agreement" with Vale as he considers a move to Bury so that would seem likely.

That leaves O'Connor, Dickinson, Moore, Andoh, Leitch-Smith and Duffy/McGivern (depending which one he wants to keep) to be offered new deals. Whether O'Connor and Andoh will accept is open to debate as both seem to be indicating that they may leave.

Ray Williams suggested on the radio yesterday that Campion has already announced he is leaving.

I'm pretty sure that Campion (who did tweet he had left the club), Daniel (who has said much the same to Mansfield) and Neal (who has said much the same to Bury) won't be staying.

For any that missed it, Paul Bodin was asked on Radio Stoke about Campion and he said (I'm paraphrasing) that Campion was a thorough professional even when not picked in the squad and that the club will try and help him get fixed up with another club. Sounds like he left on good terms.

So for me then:

Offer new deal

Louis Dodds

AJ Leitch-Smith

Carl Dickinson

Richard Duffy

Michael O'Connor

Enoch Andoh

Release

Colin Daniel

Chris Neal (Only because he's leaving anyway)

Ryan Lloyd

Adam Yates

Theo Robinson

Achille Campion

Byron Moore

Sam Johnson

Chris Birchall

Ryan McGivern

Not a knee jerk reaction to yesterday's match but there was no bite or passion so there's 14 we could loose... Page has a BIG job on to sort our lot out for August, he's got to be ruthless...

did we manage to pick a man of the match?

Archived