onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

boltonsno1

You have to draw the line somewhere though. You can cut away at the wages but you need to keep some provision in place for when it's needed. All this talk of an 18 man squad is ridiculous to me. Look at any team and they get through at least a couple of dozen players a season. Even Bournemouth ;) (I see the usually outspoken Eddie Hitler has skulked off now, ha ha!) That doesn't mean I'm entirely pleased with the list, I would have liked to have maybe got rid of Byron Moore and possibly Lloyd but I have more faith in the international footballer with UEFA coaching badges than some random bloke (albeit a devilishly handsome one) sat at his keyboard.

Advert

You have to draw the line somewhere though. You can cut away at the wages but you need to keep some provision in place for when it's needed. All this talk of an 18 man squad is ridiculous to me. Look at any team and they get through at least a couple of dozen players a season. Even Bournemouth ;) (I see the usually outspoken Eddie Hitler has skulked off now, ha ha!) That doesn't mean I'm entirely pleased with the list, I would have liked to have maybe got rid of Byron Moore and possibly Lloyd but I have more faith in the international footballer with UEFA coaching badges than some random bloke (albeit a devilishly handsome one) sat at his keyboard.

An 18 man squad is ridiculous. You need a lot of luck to get through with that. And dicko grant and Duffy are bound to get suspensions . I'd say 24 or 25 is more like it and then any other numbers needed coming from the likes of turner.

So considering Yates and Birchall are on the same wages as a Striker who signed for Kidsgrove Ath, who do you lot expect us to replace them with.

Ok you could say a Non League player, hmmmm considering Kidsgrove can offer that with Bonuses, do you honestly think we could get 2 players with the same experience for the same amount.

Fans say it is money wasted, so are you saying we don't need cover in them places or would you prefer Page takes the money from the left overs for a Striker?

Excluding the players people think are back ups who do we have that are first 11 players?

I am not complaining about who he has tried to keep simply the way he has done it... offer everyone a contract and hope some dont accept it.

Smurf has made the budget completely clear at the supporters meeting. It is the amount permitted by the fair play 60% rule. The budget uncertainty is therefore limited to the number of season tickets sold. He has been completely transparent. He also went in to a lot of detail about the cost pressures the club faces. He is doing his best, and financial fair play doesn't leave a great amount of freedom. But lets be clear, we got beaten by Burton home and away convincingly and they have a budget about 2/3 of Vale's this season ending. So we can get more for less with good management.
I simply can't believe that one Warren in regards to Burton. I am convinced that the majority find ways around the rule. Smurf on the other hand uses it as a reason not to provide a better budget.

The truth is, we are budget dependant and that budget at this time is determined by season ticket sales. Those who bang on about not renewing etc are the cause of your own troubles- and the irony is still lost on you.

The answers simple, back the manager and get up the Park or shut the **** up

Yukon your comments on this subject are very simplistic but there is one huge problem and this is the fact that many potential supporters need the encouragement of a winning team to purchase tickets and attend games.

Hardcore fans like you and I will still turn up but there are only around 4,000 of these type of Vale supporters.

To support my case I look down the road how many of their 'loyal' fans would still attend if they slipped back out of their present lofty position...... 12,000 perhaps???? Do you know why Pulis got the bullet?. I've been told it was because the Stripy eyes had only sold 8,000 ST's at the time.

Whether you like it or not only on the field success brings in a larger fanbase. Though it would be lovely if it were the other way around.

Yukon your comments on this subject are very simplistic but there is one huge problem and this is the fact that many potential supporters need the encouragement of a winning team to purchase tickets and attend games.

Hardcore fans like you and I will still turn up but there are only around 4,000 of these type of Vale supporters.

To support my case I look down the road how many of their 'loyal' fans would still attend if they slipped back out of their present lofty position...... 12,000 perhaps???? Do you know why Pulis got the bullet?. I've been told it was because the Stripy eyes had only sold 8,000 ST's at the time.

Whether you like it or not only on the field success brings in a larger fanbase. Though it would be lovely if it were the other way around.

The 4000 is dwindling in my opinion OS.

Thanks

And the same whingeing from the usual suspects with their UEFA pro coaching licences and 20 odd years in the professional game.

Yes, nobody should question or criticise any contractual\signing\selection\substitution\tactical decision made by this or any other pro manager, because their qualifications and vast experience obviously means that they will never make the wrong decision!

Might as well close all fans forums\messageboards and then we can just read the totally impartial views of the likes of Blakeman and Harbin in the matchday programme instead!

I'd have thought that Crewe may be interested in Yates and/or Birchall. Davis has said that he wants experienced players for their return to League 2, they're on very low wages (so we keep being told) & are supposedly great characters to have in the dressing-down/squad.

From their point, those two would probably get far more game-time (even be regulars), probably more money than Vale are offering & not have to re-locate (which seems to be so important to them, as they reckoned they turned down more money at other clubs so they could stay here last summer).

I reckon they could do a job at that level!

Yes, nobody should question or criticise any contractual\signing\selection\substitution\tactical decision made by this or any other pro manager, because their qualifications and vast experience means that they will never make the wrong decision!

Might as well close all fans forums\messageboards and then we can just read the totally impartial views of the likes of Blakeman and Harbin in the matchday programme instead!

I'm not suggesting for one moment that Page doesn't make mistakes. I'm not suggesting for one minute that I agree with all his decisions. I'm simply pointing out that he is rather better qualified to make this decisions than some of us on here. So to assume as you seem to do regularly that ALL his decisions are wrong and he doesn't know what he's doing is a bit crazy. I don't know what job you do but I'm pretty sure that if Rob Page told you every day that you were useless at it without having any understanding of the requirements of your role you wouldn't be very happy.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. We don't agree. End of.

I'm not suggesting for one moment that Page doesn't make mistakes. I'm not suggesting for one minute that I agree with all his decisions. I'm simply pointing out that he is rather better qualified to make this decisions than some of us on here. So to assume as you seem to do regularly that ALL his decisions are wrong and he doesn't know what he's doing is a bit crazy. I don't know what job you do but I'm pretty sure that if Rob Page told you every day that you were useless at it without having any understanding of the requirements of your role you wouldn't be very happy.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. We don't agree. End of.

Why talk about politics then? We aren't as qualified as such benevolent geniuses such as Cameron and Osborne.

Why talk about anything, if this is the logic? There's always some more knowledgeable than me in every subject I've ever discussed. Maybe I should just become a hermit and retire to a cave. Though I'd probably have more enjoyment than seeing Birchall flying down the wing.

The problem is if all 13 offered contracts that will give us a squad of 22 which doesn't leave much room for many more signings.The wages been paid to Lloyd,Yates, Moore , Duffy,Johnson and Birchall would pay for two or three players to improve the team. The only ones who will not accept their offers will be the better regular first team players so we will end up with a weaker team.

Archived