onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

boltonsno1

I'd think Andoh will sign.Will anyone else be wanting to take the risk on him due to his injury?

I also think that he should. We have stuck by him through his injury and he should return the favour. However smurf said he has doubts he will sign. Although what smurf says sometimes needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. I'd really like to see andoh back and hopefully back to his best.

Advert

Can I assume that everyone knows how much all the players have been offered then to be unhappy with the list? Smurf said the budget would be cut and has now offered contracts to nearly all. Do we really think they will all be offered improved terms or even the same as they are on now? It is hard work being a vale fan and the people who use this site (but NEVER go) make it harder.

Its a given that the hardcore will buy STs or attend no matter what... but I say again its not enough to stand still let alone progress... some effort must be made to attract new and disenfranchised supporters through the gates.

Some/any concerted effort should/must be made by all means possible... an aura of positivity needs to emanate from the club from all areas

Didn't I just say that?

Can I assume that everyone knows how much all the players have been offered then to be unhappy with the list? Smurf said the budget would be cut and has now offered contracts to nearly all. Do we really think they will all be offered improved terms or even the same as they are on now? It is hard work being a vale fan and the people who use this site (but NEVER go) make it harder.

I refer the honourable member to the previous post [in bold]

However some seem to think that some offered contracts are not worth anything so the offers are irrelevant.

Do you ever stop being a fan?... no matter where life takes you

If you make a conscious decision to not attend and constantly badmouth everything about the club, then yes, you do stop being a fan.

If you're friends with someone and have been for many years, but then decide to stop ever meeting that friend, despite them being desperate for your company, and then start slagging that friend off to all and sundry, bragging how much happier you are that you no longer see them, I wouldn't say that you were still a friend of that person, even if you used to be the most loyal friend in the world to them.

Obviously this is my opinion and I'm not setting myself up as some kind of arbiter of fandom but I genuinely don't understand why, having decided to stop coming to the games, fairportnick continues to come on here and snipe at the club. Criticise players he hasn't seen, matches he doesn't attend, attitudes of fans with whom he doesn't mingle and the quality of football that he doesn't see. If he wants to move on, why doesn't he move on?

How can you be so judgemental and do not even attend any matches ?

I can understand it if somebody doesn't go because they don't enjoy the football but please don't come on here after we have a bad result and bore us to death like Michael and FBS.

come on here and snipe at the club. Criticise players he hasn't seen, matches he doesn't attend, attitudes of fans with whom he doesn't mingle and the quality of football that he doesn't see

This is the main thing that winds so many people up, makes me think he has nothing better to do now he is retired. WUM! Get a life man!

If you make a conscious decision to not attend and constantly badmouth everything about the club, then yes, you do stop being a fan.

If you're friends with someone and have been for many years, but then decide to stop ever meeting that friend, despite them being desperate for your company, and then start slagging that friend off to all and sundry, bragging how much happier you are that you no longer see them, I wouldn't say that you were still a friend of that person, even if you used to be the most loyal friend in the world to them.

Obviously this is my opinion and I'm not setting myself up as some kind of arbiter of fandom but I genuinely don't understand why, having decided to stop coming to the games, fairportnick continues to come on here and snipe at the club. Criticise players he hasn't seen, matches he doesn't attend, attitudes of fans with whom he doesn't mingle and the quality of football that he doesn't see. If he wants to move on, why doesn't he move on?

Its an entity not an individual.... but if that friend was constantly making bad decisions[in your opinion] wouldnt you tell them?... vale arent desperate for the company they are desperate for the money, would you try to avoid your friend if he was constantly pleading poverty and asking you for money?... and if you didnt see him [your friend] would you have no opinion about his behaviour?

Because people dont/cant attend doent mean they dont want the best for the club and with that in mind want to share their opinions with other fans.

This is the main thing that winds so many people up, makes me think he has nothing better to do now he is retired. WUM! Get a life man!

Thats the beauty of retirement... more free time, more available capital and more choice.

Didn't I just say that?

Your only answer though Nick is to get rid of the manager,we heard it all from you during last season and this...in fact at one time it was in nearly every post you posted....what was it you called him,the buffoon wasn't it ??

The problem is that Page has to turn up to every game , the supporters don't. It is clear that quite a few supporters are fully behind Page but there are a hell of a lot who are not. Whether this latter group are right or wrong is irrelevant, whatever names or titles you give them. For the club to progress well over 90 % of the fanbase have to be behind the manager. You cant force people to go , so there can be only one solution/casualty, like it or not. The problem is that across football the decision is often made too late.

That may or may not be true but the facts are that he very rarely shows this where it matters namely on the pitch during matches. That's why is I feel that he is extremely fortunate to be offered terms.

According to Vale player I speak to, Moore is the best player at the club on the training pitch, by a mile too. Perhaps the fans will see some of it on the pitch next season?

Your only answer though Nick is to get rid of the manager,we heard it all from you during last season and this...in fact at one time it was in nearly every post you posted....what was it you called him,the buffoon wasn't it ??

Boris is my new favourite buffoon now.

A lot are not staying away because of the manager! Just one clown with a beard is staying away because of the manager and in doing so, missing some of the best football since Rudge

I don't really give a stuff about this whole squabble with fairportnick but your last 8 words don't ring true.

We played good football for about 7 or 8 games at the start of this season, then Uche lost form and Andoh got injured and it quickly became very turgid.

Archived