onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2016

Advert

In my illustrious footballing career I only ever took one penalty and it went for a throw in I shanked it so badly..it was all nerves but then I'm not one of the top two players in the world (wasn't even in the top two in our house !!!)

He should at least get it on target

Many teams seem to be finding it hard to score goals, including Germany and Portugal. That's, at least, one area where we are relatively strong. If we can get the right XI on the pitch and get a good draw....

I hope he replaces Sterling with Sturridge who looked a far better player and has a bit of class about him.

Of course the competition really begins in the knock-out stages where games open up a bit and both teams try to win.

Be nice if a few of the home nations could make it.

The France-Switzerland and Albania-Romania games were very poor, that is not to say that France or Switz won't go a long way, but to me a lot of teams are holding back as this is a longer and more tiring tournament.

It is possible NI could make things tricky for Germany, who wont be bothered much if they only draw, and Wales at their best could dow ell against Russia.

Slovakia are dangerous and England need to be very cautious - a point will do, put they must not play for a point - losing will still see them go through but maybe then facing Spain or Germany.

Multiple Brexits within a few days would not be nice.

****. So slow getting the ball forward. And then a hundred sideways passes while we wait for them to set up their stall with 5 centre halves and 4 full backs. Why play vardy when you're trying to be Barcelona b team. Played right into their hands. Yes we 'dominated' but so what.

What an absolutely clueless clown Woy is, second in a group we should only have ever finished first in :laugh:

Stupidly high number of changes and ended up bringing back 2 key players anyway.

Henderson plays all game and his contribution is garbage, he takes Lallana off and leaves that crap on the pitch? In the very last minute he chooses to go backwards!!!

He sticks Kane on who is in no form and yet leaves Rashford off who gave us a spark on Saturday sat on his backside.

Still that cretin Dyke talks of yet another contract for the daft old duffer.

Awful team selection from woy.

The performance from wilshire was one of the worst I've seen in a long time and it's very clear he is no where near match fit and that drinkwater should be in the squad over him.

Henderson wasn't much better. Honestly leaving out Rooney and ali for those two clowns was criminal. It's a major tournament you don't rest two of your best players in a game like that and it's cost us. I think we're very lucky that we play the team who finishes runner up in portugals group, possibly the weakest group other than our own. resting rose and walker who's been our best player and two of our best attacking threats was also nuts. Clyne had a good game but still isn't as much of a threat as Walker and Bertrand was poor.

Hart 6

Clyne 7

Cahill 7

Smalling 6

Bertrand 6

Wilshire 4

Henderson 5

Dier 8

Lallana 8

Sturridge 6

Vardy 6

For me dier and lallana were the stand out performers, imo dier is our best player and lallana although very good really needs to add goals to his game.

If we get Portugal that's not too bad as there may actually be some gaps for us to attack. Too many teams just camping in their own half all game this tournament.

Still woy your a clown.

Hodgson is clueless, I don't think he understood the need to top the group, why make so many changes, after two years of Euro qualifiers etc he still doesn't know his best team.

Taking off Sturridge, the only player to show something different, pose a threat and looked like unlocking their defence, leaving Vardy on when Slovakia are camped in their box etc etc just doesn't make sense.

Said before this tourney the need to take Carroll as an impact sub, yet again England couldn't break down a packed defense and were pumping crosses into the box to forwards who are not good in the air.

We're through at least but it's probably a much harder route.

My fear beforehand was that he was putting all his eggs in one basket, playing 4.2.3.1. and leaving wingers like Townsend at home.

He's also put his faith in 2-3 lads who are not fully match fit.

It's hard playing against a ten man defence but we need to be cleverer than that, move the ball quicker and get some width in the team.

Tactically I do wonder about Hodgson. We finished with Ali on the left and too many players in the middle of the pitch getting in each other's way.

But, hey, we are through and Monday is another day.

I don't know why people are getting so upset. We'll be better off playing against a decent side who won't put 11 players behind the ball from the off. We're a counter-attacking side that has suddenly had more possession in three consecutive games against inferior opposition. For me we played well for large parts again and didn't get rewarded due to bad finishing, good defending and just bad luck, which surely has to change soon.

Wilshere was garbage and made Henderson look world-class. What does he actually offer? Taking Vardy off instead of Sturridge in a game where there backline was camped on their own goal-line was ridiculous from Hodgson.

Hart 6

Clyne 8

Smalling 6

Cahill 7

Betrand 6

Dier 8

Henderson 7

Wilshere 5

Lallana 7 (If he could actually shoot he'd be world-class!)

Sturridge 6

Vardy 6

We've got so much ability up front and yet none of them are firing anything like on all cylinders. Had they been then we would have won three games, scored about 6 or 7 goals and everybody would be getting extremely excited.

England have not played as well as Wales, and were lucky to beat Wales when they met.

That may change though - and all those who rant and rave and even laugh at Roy H may still look very silly, or in one or two cases I should say sillier.

It's a long tournament - but we should congratulate WALES on a magnificent group win, that had nothing to do with England not playing well and everytyhing to do with the scintillating football they played, particularly tonight.

I'm really glad I chose to watch the Wales match tonight, from the bits I saw of E-S it was nowhere near as good. It's lucky for England that Wales did not turn on today's show against them, at times the way they ran at the defence was quite astonishing and terrific to watch after most teams slow build-up.

England got through - and may well have Iceland or Hungary next, it's a C+ on Roy's end-of-term report for the group stage, and a 'can do better' and whilst there was little excitement in England's show, there was little to really worry about either.

Good luck to NI tomorrow - at least to get through in third if not better.

Archived