onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2016

I'm not brimming with optimism because too many England players appear lacking in confidence or look tired which together with Hodgson's tactics and in-form players at home in Townsend and Carroll who could make a difference against a defensive set up. England looked good against Russia 'cause Russia were poor, England were dire and clueless first half against Wales and not much better second half until Sturridge's piece of magic, it says it all when the right wing back is player of the game.

Big decisions now for Hodgson, who does he go with up front?

The first decent team England play will beat us, truly hope I'm wrong but I don't see anything different in this England side to others who've gone out in nthe quarters or before in major tournaments.

Absolute nonsense to be fair. England were playing a motivated Wales team that were really fancying there chances, and dominated them almost from start to finish other than a 10 minute spell when they scored a goal that should have been prevented. Russia are average but sill have some good technical players and England played even better in that game than yesterday and yet ended up with two points less.

Sides that start the tournament on fire tend to come unstuck in tournaments, and for me England have produced two very decent performances so far with much more to hopefully come. The pessimism some people show here is borderline ridiculous.

Advert

Not too sure that's the case Bon'Ami. Given 3 teams qualify from each group I think the 'Big' teams are doing just enough to qualify without the need to be 'showing all their cards' - so to speak.

Behave! I highly doubt that is the case at all in reality.

People do need to remember that not all 3rd placed sides go through, but I'm not worried, we've been really good aside from Sterling, I'm expecting a decent result against Slovakia, & we should rank in the top 4 if we don't somehow end up 1st/2nd.

People do need to remember that not all 3rd placed sides go through, but I'm not worried, we've been really good aside from Sterling, I'm expecting a decent result against Slovakia, & we should rank in the top 4 if we don't somehow end up 1st/2nd.

I'm not worried either. I think if we start with the side that started the 2nd half we'll be fine. Quarters minimum, maybe further. Once you get to that stage it's a bit of a lottery. The top sides are all capable of beating each other on a given day, and I would put us in that 'top side' bracket.

What's happened to Harry Kane? He's been completely off the pace and has not looked anything like, a big disappointment so far for him.

Very disappointing Tosh has hardly touched the ball in two games. Sterling too has gone back in terms that he can no longer go round a player and constantly loses the ball in possession ( he looks like an out of form Byron Moore ). Positives are that the rest of the team performed well except for Harts one error and the back up forwards look much more lively.

Hope im wrong, but as soon as we play Italy, Spain, Germany or France we will lose. Were simply just not good enough, or should i say Woy simply isn't good enough. Draw with a poor Russian side, and it took a last minute winner to beat a 1 man team.

I thought we were very good second half. It's not easy to break down sides who park the bus. I disagree on your last point, a lot of the bigger sides aren't having everything there own way either.

Germany drew with Poland

Spain win in last minute

Belgium lose 2-0

France win last minute in both matches

Portugal drawing with Iceland.

In my opinion the so called favourites haven't had everything their own way either and I don't think they'd want to play us with our attacking threat.

Our attacking threat? Really? Our main man Kane who's scored over 40 goals in the last 2 seasons in the prem, hasn't turned up. Sturridge is an injury waiting to happen, and Rooney who's now a midfielder. I bet Germany, France, Italy and Spain are hoping they don't draw England eh.

The atmosphere when sicknote scored yesterday, was amazing, and i want to repeat that in the knockouts and the Final, butt whether we'll witness scenes like that again, remains to be seen.

Our attacking threat? Really? Our main man Kane who's scored over 40 goals in the last 2 seasons in the prem, hasn't turned up. Sturridge is an injury waiting to happen, and Rooney who's now a midfielder. I bet Germany, France, Italy and Spain are hoping they don't draw England eh.

The atmosphere when sicknote scored yesterday, was amazing, and i want to repeat that in the knockouts and the Final, butt whether we'll witness scenes like that again, remains to be seen.

Kane has had two bad games. Yes two, people need to get off his back. Rooney has been excellent and looks dangerous, Sturridge was excellent and clearly you have no point against this so have to resolve to 'hes an injury waiting to happen' typical. Vardy scores for fun as does Rashford. Not to mention the full backs and Ali who will be a nightmare for most sides. I personally think we have a lot of options going forward that would worry all sides, look at Kane and Vardy against the Germans a few months ago (a friendly I know) My worry is still the defence, feel like we will always have to score two to win a match.

I think Beasty is just pissed because golden boy Wilshere is on the bench and Walcott is kicking his heels back home!

It will be funny in a way if Arsenal sign Sturridge who they have been strongly linked with recently, as his opinion on him will absolutely no doubt do a sudden 360 degree turn.

Great scenes yesterday. Personally, I don't think we've played particularly well yet, given the quality of the opposition (dreadful) but it is good that we are trying to be a bit more positive than we often are in tournaments. Whether that is a case of needs must, given our calamitous defence/goalkeeper, who knows?

As an aside, I was at Austria vs Hungary in Bordeaux on Tuesday. What an atmosphere that was and quite funny seeing Arnoutovic flop then have a sulk on the pitch at full time on his own, William Gallas style. There also isn't enough hopeless strikers who haven't scored for over 500 days getting a goal then jumping into the crowd in football any more.

To be honest, I agree that we haven't played really well yet, I've think we've done alright against what we've come up against & should qualify with ease, but I don't think there's any team that has started to look like outright winners yet anyway. There's 4/5 teams that look decent & we've seen some pretty good games, but nobody has performed brilliantly yet.

I think Beasty is just pissed because golden boy Wilshere is on the bench and Walcott is kicking his heels back home!

It will be funny in a way if Arsenal sign Sturridge who they have been strongly linked with recently, as his opinion on him will absolutely no doubt do a sudden 360 degree turn.

Give over. I just dont think were as good as your making us

out. A good team will beat us.simples. And dont give me thst bull about us beating France and Germany recently in a friendly, as we made numerous subs.

And with regards to Sturridge been linked with Arsenal, i think you should stop reading the daily sport.

Absolute nonsense to be fair. England were playing a motivated Wales team that were really fancying there chances, and dominated them almost from start to finish other than a 10 minute spell when they scored a goal that should have been prevented.

It doesn't matter how motivated Wales were, England were just as motivated, the so called better payers of the England team should have proved superior but England were clueless first half and not much better second half, if not for the Sturridge goal the story would be very different. The goal should have been prevented and it was a silly foul bought on by frustration that lead to the free kick, but that's the point some England players are struggling and remember Joe Hart looked shaky in the friendlies.

Russia are average but sill have some good technical players and England played even better in that game than yesterday and yet ended up with two points less.

Russia have some good technical layers but aren't a good team, their defense lacked pace and was disorganised at times hence England created chances and looked good. Ukraine have two tremendous players in Konoplyanka and Iarmalenko but are a poor team and lost to N Ireland.

Sides that start the tournament on fire tend to come unstuck in tournaments, and for me England have produced two very decent performances so far with much more to hopefully come. The pessimism some people show here is borderline ridiculous.

There are also many examples of teams who start on fire that go onto win, Brazil 1970 and 1996, W Germany 1974, recently Spain. My expectations this tourney are more realistic based on what I've seen.

Give over. I just dont think were as good as your making us

out. A good team will beat us.simples. And dont give me thst bull about us beating France and Germany recently in a friendly, as we made numerous subs.

And with regards to Sturridge been linked with Arsenal, i think you should stop reading the daily sport.

Have to say I agree Beasty, the proof will come when we play a good side in the latter stages, anything less than the semi's will be a disappointment for me.

Archived