onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2016

Advert

If we'd won our group we'd have been in the other half of the draw from all of France, Germany, Italy & Spain - meaning that we wouldn't have had to play any of them until the Final.

We haven't got past our next opponent yet! But yeah this half is looking very tough and whoever does get through to the final will have done it the hard way. Makes it open on the other side too with belgium wales and croatia. Very interesting

Better sides will actually have some of the ball, and therefore not sit so deep with all players behind the ball. It's not difficult to see that the likes of Vardy, Sturridge and Alli etc will benefit massively from this.

I can't see Italy, Spain or even Germany playing anything other than counter attacking football against England at this stage of the tourney, haven't seen France much so can't comment. All these teams have seen just how to play England and if England attack with abandon we'll concede just as at Brazil 2014 by Italy and Uraguay and Germany in 2010. First goal will be vital in all the games.

Sterling has pace but no end product. His crossing and finishing has been poor. Kane needs players closer to him like alli at spurs. The formation doesn't help him. And in the game before the euros we tried the diamond but instead of vardy and Kane being close together he pushed them too far wide and pushed Rooney through the middle. For a man on over 3million pound a year you'd think he'd be able to work it out

Agree and have posted similar myself. Sterling has not played well and playing him would be a risk but England need a player or two who can do something different and unlock tight defenses, frustrating that Townsend (and Carroll) were left out. As for Hodgson and his tactics I'm speechless.

Blimey. Do you have a thing for Andy Carroll or something? He had about a fortnight last season where he was good, other than that he was as average as ever. I thought we were trying to get away from lumping the ball forward towards a big unit? He's nowhere near good enough at International level and even more so when we don't have good crossers of a ball on the side. His inclusion would have been absolutely pointless.

I can't see Italy, Spain or even Germany playing anything other than counter attacking football against England at this stage of the tourney, haven't seen France much so can't comment. All these teams have seen just how to play England and if England attack with abandon we'll concede just as at Brazil 2014 by Italy and Uraguay and Germany in 2010. First goal will be vital in all the games.

Spain will now face Italy in the next round after losing to Croatia.

Blimey. Do you have a thing for Andy Carroll or something? He had about a fortnight last season where he was good, other than that he was as average as ever. I thought we were trying to get away from lumping the ball forward towards a big unit? He's nowhere near good enough at International level and even more so when we don't have good crossers of a ball on the side. His inclusion would have been absolutely pointless.

He had much more than a fortnight of terrorizing defenses and was in form at the end of the season. I'm talking about him coming on as an impact sub and he would have been something different, a plan B to square and back passes.

When two banks of 4 or 5 sit deep the space is in the air, England have shown they run out of ideas and lump crosses in anyway in this situation. Playing football on the ground, square, square, back and occasionly forward has become the norm following the success of Spain and Barcelona and most managers, like Lemmings, have adopted this approach but there are times when a different approach is required.

I would have taken him, against slovakia we were short of space put it in the box and he would win it, kane is our only tall attacking player/header of the ball and hes been crap.

Archived