onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2016

Advert

Im sure if England top the group they play the winners of Croatia, Cech rep, Spain or Turkey.But if come 2nd, they play 2nd place team in Austria, hungary, Iceland n Portugal.

If England win the group they will play a third placed team from A, C or D.

Croatia in control of the game until that idiocy. Do these lads have anything at all between their ear?

No, a non-country, a people with a dark history - look up how they gleefully took the side of the Nazis in WW2 and had their own concentration camps. Their 'hidden holocast' saw an estimated 500,000 to 1 million people murdered, something quietly and horribly hidden that needs more exposure.

I really hope they are expelled as if they end up playing England there will be a supporter bloodbath.

No, a non-country, a people with a dark history - look up how they gleefully took the side of the Nazis in WW2 and had their own concentration camps. Their 'hidden holocast' saw an estimated 500,000 to 1 million people murdered, something quietly and horribly hidden that needs more exposure.

Read Martin Gilbert's book "The Holocaust" and you will find that it has already been exposed in some detail.

Read Martin Gilbert's book "The Holocaust" and you will find that it has already been exposed in some detail.

It's not clear in my memory but I thought Gilbert's book mostly deal with the history of Jewish peoples in WW2. The Croatian Nazis killed a much wider range of people in their genocide, and there were even reports of them being so evil that they were restrained by the Germans in some cases.

All of which digresses, but many people I know were not aware of this and my own small contribution was in persuading several people not to got there for holidays, and showing them the hidden facts about the Ustachi

Their far-right fans have already been in trouble with UEFA and FIFA for rioting and hopefully the tournament will soon be rid of this lot.

Give over. I just dont think were as good as your making us

out. A good team will beat us.simples. And dont give me thst bull about us beating France and Germany recently in a friendly, as we made numerous subs.

And with regards to Sturridge been linked with Arsenal, i think you should stop reading the daily sport.

Still think Giroud is a a better forward than Sturridge?

I personally quite like Croatia. Beautiful country with fantastic, friendly people in my experience. If you said "I don't like Germany because of the Holocaust", people would think you were a bit odd in my view. British history is hardly atrocity free, if you go back 2 or 3 generations, which we seemingly are doing.

It's not clear in my memory but I thought Gilbert's book mostly deal with the history of Jewish peoples in WW2. The Croatian Nazis killed a much wider range of people in their genocide, and there were even reports of them being so evil that they were restrained by the Germans in some cases.

All of which digresses, but many people I know were not aware of this and my own small contribution was in persuading several people not to got there for holidays, and showing them the hidden facts about the Ustachi

Their far-right fans have already been in trouble with UEFA and FIFA for rioting and hopefully the tournament will soon be rid of this lot.

It was through reading Gilbert's book that I first became aware of the Croatian actions.

I personally quite like Croatia. Beautiful country with fantastic, friendly people in my experience. If you said "I don't like Germany because of the Holocaust", people would think you were a bit odd in my view. British history is hardly atrocity free, if you go back 2 or 3 generations, which we seemingly are doing.

Is that a gutless way of saying you think that ? Places can be beautiful yet harbor monsters- Berchtesgarten, where Hitler had his alpine HQ is stunningly beautiful.

There are massive differences in attitude between Germany and Croatia, though some change is occurring slowly in Croatia to rectify this and there are some people coming through their political system with moderate views.

The younger Germans after WW2 generally accepted that the Nazis were evil, and have been a credit to Europe since, despite having some older Nazis still in their midst. It helped a lot that Germany was divided though, for long enough to see younger people become politically educated. Though things have gone backwards in some regions a little since.

The Croatians were more nationalistic, and were still committing war crimes in the 1990s, relatively recently, both against Serbs and Bosnian Muslims, and invading areas like the Krajina which was annexed with the complicity of the Western powers.

I suggest you read the book Jacko refers to and you might not be so naive as to believe that the people are friendly - no doubt some are - but most people are friendly to holidaymakers with cash to spend on them.

The Croats were mainly responsible for the start of breakup of Yugoslavia, and the hundreds of thousands of deaths that followed, not to mention the setting up of a host of non-countries in the Balkans.

Read your history and then you may not think views that are different from yours are 'odd'. I find your post and your basis of a short personal holiday experience odd to be honest.

Anyway, England will see them off in the last 8.

Agreed, it's amazing what people conveniently forget.

Agreed' date=' it's amazing what people conveniently forget.[/quote']

Oh I must be forgetful these days - my memory is so bad I just cant seem to remember Britain killing 6 million Jews in gas chambers, invading Russia with the intention of wiping out the entire country and killing 20 million there, or even the trivial 5 million Poles.

Somehow I've blanked out the British murdering of disabled children, the wiping out of Lidice and many other entire towns as reprisals, Crystallnacht and all the rest - you are an insulting fool REP, a complete fool to compare Britain's colonial past 'in the last 2 or 3 generations' with the Nazis and their mass-murdering Croat allies in any way.

Archived