onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neal or Alnwick?

Portvale4

Advert

I'd go Alnwick. Neal was beaten to easy at his near post for one of the goals at peterborough and I think Alnwick is the better of the two. Although whichever keeper plays Id be happy, they are two of the best keepers in the league.

We have a manager, he is doing a good job. He also knows more about the form, morale, mentality, fitness, suitability against the opposition and many other aspects of selection that should determine who to pick. So let Rob Page decide and let's all show a bit of trust and common sense.

I don't think anyone's advocating storming the dug-out and demanding RP obeys us, it's just fans debating who they think is the keeper best in form :laugh:

It's what football forums are for!

We have a manager, he is doing a good job. He also knows more about the form, morale, mentality, fitness, suitability against the opposition and many other aspects of selection that should determine who to pick. So let Rob Page decide and let's all show a bit of trust and common sense.

Or we could debate the subject as this is a forum....

For me Alnwick every day of the week. Been outstanding all season, and even though Neal is a very good keeper he isnt at the level of Alnwick, should have saved their second goal saturday as well

Neal for me, commands his area better than Alnwick, both excellent shot stoppers.

I don't think Neal was at fault with Posh's 2nd goal given the angle, the angle was not that acute to the byline so if Neal had covered the "Near post" he would have easily been beaten on his far post.

Neal for me, commands his area better than Alnwick, both excellent shot stoppers.

I don't think Neal was at fault with Posh's 2nd goal given the angle, the angle was not that acute to the byline so if Neal had covered the "Near post" he would have easily been beaten on his far post.

Not really bothered which one plays, they are both good keepers. Only difference is Neal has a better record of saving penaltys.

Git to be fair to the man in possession of the shirt until he costs us. He did it with Alnwick so he has to do it with Neal.

Neal for now.

Agreed. We have two good 'keepers on the books and they have to push each other both in training and during matches and I fully expect that the form player will be between the sticks. As REP says, Neal until he makes a mistake

The notion of a fans forum seems completely lost on you

We are blessed with 2 of the best goalies in the League. Chris has come back and been terrific. Jack is class. My opinion is that any one of them between the sticks and I will lose no sleep. RP will stick with a winning side so I feel this debate is actually redundant, at present.

For next season it could go either way- IF we get a good offer in for Jack , will Smurf/New owners cash in knowing full well we have excellent cover in Chris, OR will we allow Chris to go to pastures new as he may not want to play second fiddle over a season to Jack? Interesting and fascinating dilemma. If this is all we need to worry about then happy days are certainly here!

Archived