onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neal or Alnwick?

Portvale4

Advert

Would that be with a 30% or 40% reduction?

I take it Neal is on a higher wage with his present contract. Out of contract players had to take a wage cut or leave at the end of last season. I expect this to be the same with Neal and any other players that are out of contract and the manager wants in his squad next season so offer him one year plus the chance of a second with a except or refusal date of one month. Its up to the club to make him an offer not me.

Anyone know if we have a call back clause similar to when Neal went to Doncaster.

Personally I think there is nothing to call between the two keepers, for me Neal commands his area more, feel more confident with crosses coming in that he will come out and relieve the pressure off the defenders. I think Alnwick is the better shot stopper, made some great saves this season but for me stays rooted on his line.

I have to say it has come as a surprise when Neal has played the last 5 games and apart from getting caught out for Peterborough's second goal, he has not done a lot wrong, he would have been in goal for me tomorrow.

Well, the manager has made a bold and decisive move here and chosen to play Jak and let Chris go to Bury.

I applaud this as a wise business decision, and hope it signals that JA will not be sold any time soon, unless of course a silly £1m plus offer arrives.

But whatever our budget next season, we cannot afford the sheer and probably quite expensive luxury, superb though it has been, of having 2 keepers of such quality when other areas of the team are not quite so well blessed.

It is also unfair to expect either JA or CN to be on the bench for long periods when they could walk into any other team in the division.

Well done Vale for decisive and sensible action, and nothing I have written reflects on any comparison of the two players who are in my opinion amongst the finest keepers we have had at Vale in 50 years, with only Ken Hancock and Goodlad and the loan period of Southall giving them a run for their money..

Well, the manager has made a bold and decisive move here and chosen to play Jak and let Chris go to Bury.

I applaud this as a wise business decision, and hope it signals that JA will not be sold any time soon, unless of course a silly £1m plus offer arrives.

But whatever our budget next season, we cannot afford the sheer and probably quite expensive luxury, superb though it has been, of having 2 keepers of such quality when other areas of the team are not quite so well blessed.

Al

It is also unfair to expect either JA or CN to be on the bench for long periods when they could walk into any other team in the division.

Well done Vale for decisive and sensible action, and nothing I have written reflects on any comparison of the two players who are in my opinion amongst the finest keepers we have had at Vale in 50 years, with only Ken Hancock and Goodlad and the loan period of Southall giving them a run for their money..

Then sell JA and give Neal (whose only 30 and young for a keeper)a new contract.Neal is our number 1,undisputed and proven.

Anyone know if we have a call back clause similar to when Neal went to Doncaster.

Personally I think there is nothing to call between the two keepers, for me Neal commands his area more, feel more confident with crosses coming in that he will come out and relieve the pressure off the defenders. I think Alnwick is the better shot stopper, made some great saves this season but for me stays rooted on his line.

I have to say it has come as a surprise when Neal has played the last 5 games and apart from getting caught out for Peterborough's second goal, he has not done a lot wrong, he would have been in goal for me tomorrow.

Goalkeepers always have a 24 hr recall clause.

Then sell JA and give Neal (whose only 30 and young for a keeper)a new contract.Neal is our number 1,undisputed and proven.

Your opinion, and on this occasion it seems those in charge at Vale Park do not agree with you.

My own opinion is that they are both quality keepers, very hard to choose between them but a decision had to be made as someone who can barely pay the rent and feed the family cannot afford to run two Rolls Royce's.

I think we have to accept that decision and hope JA continues his very good form in the future, whilst thanking Chris N for his massive and superb contributions to Vale and wishing him a successful and happy spell at Bury.

remember no hands BOSWELL!

It could be that Page has told Neal that, whilst he may be number 1 tomorrow, he won't be offering him a contract so Neal has decided to go elsewhere to try and get himself fixed up for next season? Top keeper, one of the main reasons we are in this league, both in the promotion season and the first 2 seasons cementing our place in League 1. Good luck Chris!

Archived