onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe A 2 Port Vale 1 - Post match comments

Caz or caz123

Lets get this straight Smurf cannot afford to sack Adams, I know folk will say he cant afford not to, but he will have to put how much in to get rid... 130K ?

In my opinion Smurfs biggest mistake was giving Adams all summer to give him a contract, he should have shook hands and said goodbye.

Whenever [if] adams goes it will cost smurf the same because of the rolling contract

Advert

Lets get this straight Smurf cannot afford to sack Adams, I know folk will say he cant afford not to, but he will have to put how much in to get rid... 130K ?

In my opinion Smurfs biggest mistake was giving Adams all summer to give him a contract, he should have shook hands and said goodbye.

Agreed. Should have not him string it along well before the summer. But smurf supported brilliantly with the signings we made. And a lot of fans would have kicked up a stink if he had let him go.

I still feel that overall we have better players than last season. We have a better centre half, better wingers, better striker on loan and better midfield. I didn't go to the game today and was shopping in Liverpool but I felt angry when the team conceded near the start of the game. It smacks of lack of concentration, determination, professionalism. I feel MA needs to be careful about using squad players, bringing in players who are really there as cover. Also 442 is only a good formation when the wide players are really effective and isn't delivering for us at the moment. Time for a big performance on Tuesday where 110% effort is needed.

The ice is melting and the ice Adam's is is getting thinner.

Bristol,Barnsley,Bradford & Fleetwood to come.

A bare minimum of 6 points and 2 games without conceding a goal required.Over to you Micky fail on this then you could very well go through the thin ice.No excuses(Adams defender,Page defender & a goal keeping coach)but STILL can't keep a clean sheet.It's been the same costly defending for far far to long now.

I still feel that overall we have better players than last season. We have a better centre half, better wingers, better striker on loan and better midfield. I didn't go to the game today and was shopping in Liverpool but I felt angry when the team conceded near the start of the game. It smacks of lack of concentration, determination, professionalism. I feel MA needs to be careful about using squad players, bringing in players who are really there as cover. Also 442 is only a good formation when the wide players are really effective and isn't delivering for us at the moment. Time for a big performance on Tuesday where 110% effort is needed.

Individually we possibly do have some better players. However football is a team game and they are not working as a team. Adams is making a lot of changes after each defeat and that in itself does not help. That said some of his signings are clearly not good enough. We needed a better right back than Yates but Viseli is not good enough. Williamson & Dodds have been tried and tried again with no success.

Question is can Adams find the right team to get results before it is too late for him?

The last 5 games have been atrocious but that was abysmal. Again we were out thought, out fought and out played. Teams can work us out easily. Either that or the teams we have faced have tactically superior managers.

The back 4 are terrible. Particularly Dickinson. Why was this not totally changed in close season? Why no Robertson against their big front two? If he isn't good enough then get rid and replace with someone better. The midfield were clueless. Both standing on the edge of our area. Neither broke. Neither ran with the ball. Neither found the wingers. They can't play together.

I'm loath to criticise Moore but he looked awful. If he isn't right then don't play him.

Adams keeps talking about working hard on the training ground and putting things right. God knows what they are doing because it isn't passing the ball, attacking, shooting, tackling, jumping, crossing, heading, marking or set pieces. We looked clueless on the ball our tactics were all wrong. Their centre forwards pulled our centre halves out and their 17 walked past lines and O'Connor. It was clear we should've been 4-3-3 to match them. Grant made our midfield 2 look stupid. Their centre halves can jump. Ours can't.

They are a poor side but they at least had a game plan and tactics.

We don't.

The buck stops with Adams.

He sounds like he's given up. I know I have after that.

Alround crap performance, you would struggle to find Vales best player. Our central defenders can't win balls in the air, the centre midfield strut around like prima donnas and Popey and Slew never played as a partnership. The wingers were hitting aimless balls in to no one. When is Adams going to see we can't play 4.4.2 with Lines & O'Connor in the middle. When last years problem was defending, why do we still not have a commanding centre half. Given their position Crewe did exactly what I expected, passion & commitment. What I would have given for a Griff or Morsy today.

Today, we've sunk as low as we can. For the next game, I'd be very tempted now to go back to basics - like Adams did when he first came - and play 5 at the back, in a 5-3-2.

Get an extra man at the back and try and shore up the defence. Work on not only defending but attacking set pieces, as I can't remember the last time we scored from a corner (and we tend to get a lot). Having both McGivern and Robertson at the back will, hopefully, help this.

Also, put another man in midfield to try and stop teams walking straight through us. This will allow Lines and O'Connor to move further up the pitch where they are more effective.

This would mean however playing wing backs as opposed to wingers, but having Marshall and Moore on the bench may not be such a bad idea - and they came come on and impact a game. For me, we have no-one who can do this (Williamson aside) so when we're losing we can't change things. For example, I'm a Dodds fan but even I fail to see what he brings coming off from the bench.

The only problem with this, however, is that the wings backs we have - Yates and Daniel - are, unfortunately, not good enough in this league. I know, therefore, that this is something that not everyone will agree with but something needs to change so I think it's best to try and keep some clean sheets. My team for Bristol would be:

-----------------------Neal------------------------

----------------------------------------------------

---------Duffy---Robertson---McGivern---------

--Yates-----------------------------------Daniel--

------------O'Connor---Brown---Lines-----------

----------------------------------------------------

-------------------Pope---Slew--------------------

Bench: Veseli, Dickinson, Jennings, Moore, Marshall, Dodds, Williamson

Keep it tight, stay organised, don't concede - and then on 60-65 minutes bring Moore and Marshall on when legs are tiring. Solid starting line up, and a strong bench.

Get a good result against Bristol City and watch us fly up the table! Just, please Mickey, no more 4-4-2. I beg you.

You should play less Footy Manager.

And with Micky in charge we won't be flying upwards or anywhere. Deluded.

Hi fellow Valiants. I agree with the vast majority of posters today....I, along with you lot, have been living in cloud cuckoo land! I have been prepared to give Micky time to get things right but today was a total embarrassment. Stop kidding ourselves, we are relegation fodder right now as we will not get out of the present decline with the personnel running the team, or indeed with half of that bunch of pathetic so called "players" that ponced about like fairies today!

I am upset, angry and totally deflated. We cannot come up with any differing tactics game after game. Teams love to play us at present as we are dire.

I go to most away games and have a season ticket but Norman I am telling you now, me and many others are fed up to the back teeth. We are not paying our hard earned cash to watch that continuous drivel any longer. It hurts me like hell to admit I ain't going Tuesday nor again...unless you do something to stop the rot! Disgrace, pathetic, powder-puff, that's Vale right now.

The problem is Smurf can't afford NOT to sack him if things carry on like this. Support will quickly dwindle, gate receipts will go down massively, and he will be forced to put his hand in his pocket just to keep the club running. That will cost him far more than the price of one year's contract. In economic terms, he simply doesn't have a choice if faced with a relegation fight and the possibility of losing all his investment.

The question is, how long does he give Micky? In four games' time, we will be through virtually a quarter of the season and the die will be cast, unless we are very lucky. The longer it goes on, the bigger the risk financially.

What the fans need is hope and what we are seeing on the pitch doesn't give us any. It's not just the results, it's the way we're playing, the lack of commitment and motivation of some (at least by our standards) very highly paid players, and our complete tactical ineptitude. Fans won't put up with it and that leaves Smurf a problem which eventually will make £130k seem a relatively small price to pay.

It needs to be put right and the sooner the better.

Archived