onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe A 2 Port Vale 1 - Post match comments

Caz or caz123

During my 50 years of supporting the Vale i've seen some ***** players,***** managers and ***** tactics,but i have never seen so much ***** on the same pitch at the same time,playing ***** tactics under a ***** manager.The only t

hing that is'nt ***** is the wages they pick up.

W###ers

Advert

When the fixtures came out I was gutted to be missing Crewe and Bristol due to Being in the highlands. Today I wonder how much more ripped up I'd feel tonight if I wasn't 500 miles north of this disaster. Do I scrap my holiday a day early as planned to get home for Barnsley?? Or do I hope for a yes vote and to be held prisoner in Scotland

Full backs clueless, McGivern not strong enough in the air, midfield inept, Marshall loads of passion but playing inside too much, Pope static and not pulling onto the full backs to use his aerial strength (albeit quality of delivery is shocking), Slew decent but wouldn't play in better placed players. Doddsy at least gave us something going forward, and Willo will never be good enough as long as he's got a hole in his ****.

So many things to mention, I could go on all night.

Today was the worst first half of football I've seen since we played Notts County at home just after Sinnott was sacked. If you were lucky enough not to get a ticket for today, you can easily imagine what it's been like by copying and pasting some sentiments from the other games this season. I've been to all 7 league games and, barring the Doncaster game, I've come away from each one picking out the same things that are going wrong and I'm sick of repeating myself: Lines and O'Connor aren't a central midfield partnership. Hammering the ball up the pitch for Pope to flick the ball on to no-one isn't productive. None of these things are working. Can Adams not see this or is he persevering out of his own stubbornness?

I always used to say that under Adams you have to take the rough with the smooth but since the turn of the year we haven't even been doing the basics that his sides are supposed to be good at. For example, today we never came to terms with Crewe's height and aerial threat from set pieces. Imagine if someone had said that to you a few years ago.

The Vale dont need Vale fans at matches these days - they are oblivious to us . They care only about their money and sod the Company they are supposed to work for.

Its poinless the away follwing trying to raise them - Unlike Jesus we cant raise the dead.

The Vale may try and get some of Joe Lymer's undertakers as they are used to raising corpses, if only from the herse to the Crem.

Ironic thing is we are missing griff terribly.

Jennings potentially better but not getting a look in. Micky playing a rectangular formation and giving every team we play free reign in the middle.

I don't think the defence is the problem, they get no support from the rest of the team. Only Marshall capable of holding a ball up. Play brown and Jennings behind o'connor and 3 forwards.

Today we missed the character of Grif and the more so Dougie Loft.

I thought with the squad assembled and the bonus of O'Connor we were top 7 material - not on the showing of the last 5 games.

No positives from today, no performance higher than 6/10, those being Marshall (Again) and Slew.

We have NO quality defenders, a priority in the summer following last season.

We have no defensive minded midfielder or midfielder with any aggression. I thought Brown was an 'animal', why the hell is he not playing?

Lines and O'Connor are not central holding players and are similar - O'Connor the better by far.

Pope was poor today, Slew mobile and looks decent tbf, Marshall tracked infield as Tootle had him in his pocket.

Tootle was immense at the back for Crewe, Grant and the lad Waters embarrassed our so called "midfield riches"

There was nothing any better on the bench for Vale.

Those who slated Myrie Williams when playing on the right, just look at where we are now down that flank.

I thought today we would get a result but also at the back of my mind I knew we were capable of losing if we reproduced the form of late.

Is it time for Adams out? Really is it just him - It's him, Page, Grew and 20+ players.

Let's see what the next x2 home games bring.

We need a win from somewhere and fast

Why am I not suprised this forum has gone into meltdown after another defeat. Why don't we start a relegation reality thread 6 games in?

I think the fact you felt the need to put the word 'another' before 'defeat' completely destroys any argument you're attempting to make. You've undone your own point.

We've lost 5 in a row. Get yourself out of Micky's ****hole and wake up. We play awful football when we win. When we lose its embarrassing.

Archived