onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yesterdays attendance.

Spunk Trumpet

Tbh George I think you have made more out of that than it is,Smurf has said that since the end of last season so nothing new,it was still above his 6,500 average

I haven't made anything of it mate. I've just copied and pasted his tweet and said he didn't seem happy with the attendance, as he says we still need more bodies in the ground. I offered nothing more or nothing less. However if you want my personal opinion on his tweet I'd say he was expecting a bigger attendance, which I was too.

Advert

I haven't made anything of it mate. I've just copied and pasted his tweet and said he didn't seem happy with the attendance, as he says we still need more bodies in the ground. I offered nothing more or nothing less. However if you want my personal opinion on his tweet I'd say he was expecting a bigger attendance, which I was too.
I think most people were, but as said earlier in the thread, there is more going on in August other than football. The team/performance against Colchester did not help either, but hopefully behind us now.

A trivial point this, but a friend of mine who suffers from ill health, drove to the ground just after 1 o'clock yesterday afternoon in order to get a ticket for the game. On turning into the Hamil Road car park he was stopped by an attendant and was prevented from driving to the ticket office as the car park is ticket and pay only after midday. Needless to say, he turned around and went home empty handed and therefore we lost another customer.

If you are a friend you should have got him his ticket.

Maybe Smurf should get on the phone to ticketmaster and get the online booking up and running? If they can't do it, then withhold the £8k a month we are giving them. Blaming fans for not turning up isn't fair, given that not everything is being done to make tickets easily available.

Of those few teams who had better attendances, most of those were due to the opposition either being attractive i.e Wolves at Bristol or they were local derbies. So our attendance wasn't too bad as the 1st home game is always one of the better attendance fixtures.

Some of these excuses for not going are Jackson Pollocks.

I drove 420 miles yesterday to watch the Vale. Got to the ground at 1.30pm, walked straight in to an empty ticket office to buy 4 tickets for my wife and family for 68 quid, went to the club shop and spent another 53 quid on merchandise, went back to the car to make sure Stoke lost at Liverpool, then returned to see a cracking game of football. Then got in the car to drive three and a half hours home, happy in the knowledge that we will compete at this level this season and we have bought in some good players.

And some people can't be bothered to go to the ticket office because they want to pay cash on the gate? Gordon Bennett. Are they still playing bakelite records on wind up gramophones?

Apologies if this has been mentioned but I think the attendance yesterday was great considering 2 big factors:

1. Many fans have shed out for wolves tickets already and have to pick and choose games due to finance

2 We have played Bradford loads in recent years and the novelty factor of seeing a a different team isnt there

Add the other things like v fest and holiday season 6500 is a good achievement imo

Not really sure what everyone is expecting.

We'll probably average about 6,500 over the season, with a split of about 5,250 home fans and 1,250 away fans.

Yesterday's attendance was a reasonable marker for mid-table clashes against mid-table opposition with an average away support.

I think we will see rather less at some games, with Crawley, Stevenage, Gillingham,L Orient, Colchester, Carlisle, Oldham and a few others bringing 250-700 and not 1250 each unless they are top 6. We might also struggle to get 5250 home fans on a cold Tuesday with Crawley visiting. I hope Im wrong, but I agree with your 6500 as being more realistic than a 7000-plus average.

Spunk trumpet, post 24 is spot on.

There is a small minority of people who will make any excuse not to go to the match.

All this about Vale not making it "easy" to get tickets is absolute rubbish, imo. I will wait for all you armchair critics to now have a go at me but it's about time somebody stood up for the Vale and what they are trying to do, to rectify an antiquated system. Vale are no different than the vast majority of League Clubs and actually do more than most to attract fans, (junior club, discount tickets etc).

Some will find every excuse in the book to suggest they cannot attend. I do realise we need all that we can get other than season ticket holders but come on, if you were really interested in the Vale you would do as many others do and ring/pay over the phone/order a ticket/turn up a little earlier etc,etc,etc. It's not rocket science in trying to get a seat at Vale for any match, anytime of the season.

Smurf deserves a medal for what he's done so far and he most certainly does not want repeated criticisms of how to get in the Vale!

Tin helmet on, BUT I stand by what I say and I believe that if you want to follow our great club you would do all you can to ensure you get into the ground. Stop moaning and support the Vale.:laugh::razz::upthevale:

Archived