onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yesterdays attendance.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

I would take it that under 12s free tickets are not counted in the attendance as the vale have to pay vat on all paying custmers so the crowd could be higher than stated.
Surely included in the attendance as they occupy a seat, but do not see why VAT would be charged on zero pence. Is VAT charged on children`s clothing?

To be honest, i thought we might of got around the 7500 mark but Bradfords following didn't live up to its expectation. There are also factors like V Festival and holidays which might of contributed quite a lot to the attendence. Im sure against Wolves, we will make up for a rather disappointing crowd with figures of around about 12,000 hopefully.

Don't know your circumstances, but on the face if it that seems q pretty poor reason not ti attend. Buy your ticket in advance in the week. No queues.

My circumstances are such that with doing shift work buying a season ticket would not have been cost effective this season as I am guaranteed to miss at least 8 games through work. I did consider it long and hard but with having just moved house and having a 4 month old baby I have other financial burdens at the minute.

I am not a "floating" fan and when I have been available to attend games I have done for the past 20 years.

The crux of the matter is that when I work a day shift on the day of a home game I am not scheduled to finish work until 4pm. I can and have token toil in the past and left work at 2:30 in order for me to attend the games. However the nature of my job is that I won't know that my toil will be authorised until 2:30 because it depends how busy we are at work.

Before this has never been an issue as I have just been able to rock up and pay on the turnstiles with minimal fuss. I obviously can't buy a ticket in advance because I am never certain whether I will be allowed to leave work early.

With the introduction of the new ticketing system I now do not have enough time to travel from work, find a parking space, queue up in the long queues at the ticket office and the queue up again to get into the ground.

The ten game ticket or blocked tickets that were mentioned in the closed season were obviously an option for me but they have never materialised.

The main point is that there are obviously different catagories of fans. The die-hards who will attend no matter what. The floating fan and the armchair supporters who will never or very rarely attend. Now vale have reached a point where the latter two are arguably the most important catagory. If those fans can be attracted on a more regular basis then the club is more likely to progress on and off the field. Therefore anything that hinders or prevents people from attending whether you agree with there reasoning or not is a bad thing in my book. Other people's reasons may just be as simple as they can't be bothered to queue twice or they can't be bothered to travel up to buy a ticket in advance or they haven't got a printer to print of the ticketmaster tickets (if it ever works)

I'm sure I'm not the only person that this has affected but maybe others don't want to subject themselves to a barrage of abuse or don't live on this forum .

Lipalover.

Before, when it was cash you could just rock up to the ground and pay on the turnstiles, right?

Therefore it was no fuss.

So, all that has changed is you have to go to a ticket office which is a few seconds walk from the stand itself.

And there arent long queues everywhere at all.

Not a lot has changed for you but you are making it sound like a lot.

From looking at this perspective from an 'exile' point of view; I am picking and choosing which games to come back for and inevitably; Wolves at home has been prioritised over the Bradford game. I'm pretty sure that for several of my Vale-supporting mates who live in London and the South-East; this will be the same case.

Anyhow; at the end of the day; a 6,500+ gate against Bradford is in line Smurfs target and aim for our average attendance at the start of the season.

It's also around 800 more fans than we averaged compared to last seasons average home attendance (5,700ish). That's progress and a sign of us moving forward. I would be much more worried if our attendances were on the decline in all honesty. Well done Vale and Smurf for bringing the fans back.:yes:

i don't live locally. i turned up at about 2.15 - walked into the new ticket office with a maximum of a 2 minute wait, bought tickets for yesterday and the wolves game and then went through the turnstile with no wait a few minutes later

i know that's earlier than most people want to go into the ground but overall i waited less time than i used to wait just queueing to pay on the paddock turnstiles

i know not everyone's experience will be the same as mine, but using the reason of having to buy tickets from the ticket office before entering the ground as a reason not to attend is pathetic and surely only used by somebody who has no intention of going anyway

I thought the attendance looked higher than it transpired to be. With regard to the last few posts about the ticket office I am pleased to see the ticket system was working this time. The server failed in the Brentford game a lot of fans missed the start of the game.

My circumstances are such that with doing shift work buying a season ticket would not have been cost effective this season as I am guaranteed to miss at least 8 games through work. I did consider it long and hard but with having just moved house and having a 4 month old baby I have other financial burdens at the minute.

I am not a "floating" fan and when I have been available to attend games I have done for the past 20 years.

The crux of the matter is that when I work a day shift on the day of a home game I am not scheduled to finish work until 4pm. I can and have token toil in the past and left work at 2:30 in order for me to attend the games. However the nature of my job is that I won't know that my toil will be authorised until 2:30 because it depends how busy we are at work.

Before this has never been an issue as I have just been able to rock up and pay on the turnstiles with minimal fuss. I obviously can't buy a ticket in advance because I am never certain whether I will be allowed to leave work early.

With the introduction of the new ticketing system I now do not have enough time to travel from work, find a parking space, queue up in the long queues at the ticket office and the queue up again to get into the ground.

The ten game ticket or blocked tickets that were mentioned in the closed season were obviously an option for me but they have never materialised.

The main point is that there are obviously different catagories of fans. The die-hards who will attend no matter what. The floating fan and the armchair supporters who will never or very rarely attend. Now vale have reached a point where the latter two are arguably the most important catagory. If those fans can be attracted on a more regular basis then the club is more likely to progress on and off the field. Therefore anything that hinders or prevents people from attending whether you agree with there reasoning or not is a bad thing in my book. Other people's reasons may just be as simple as they can't be bothered to queue twice or they can't be bothered to travel up to buy a ticket in advance or they haven't got a printer to print of the ticketmaster tickets (if it ever works)

I'm sure I'm not the only person that this has affected but maybe others don't want to subject themselves to a barrage of abuse or don't live on this forum .

For goodness sake-what queues?Your whole argument is based on long queueing.You rock up and buy a ticket with a minimal fuss and walk straight through the turnstyle,which is ten yards away.

For goodness sake-what queues?Your whole argument is based on long queueing.You rock up and buy a ticket with a minimal fuss and walk straight through the turnstyle.
Would not expect queues to be the length of previous turnstile queues, as it is a simpler operation than dealing in cash.

From looking at this perspective from an 'exile' point of view; I am picking and choosing which games to come back for and inevitably; Wolves at home has been prioritised over the Bradford game. I'm pretty sure that for several of my Vale-supporting mates who live in London and the South-East; this will be the same case.

Anyhow; at the end of the day; a 6,500+ gate against Bradford is in line Smurfs target and aim for our average attendance at the start of the season.

It's also around 800 more fans than we averaged compared to last seasons average home attendance (5,700ish). That's progress and a sign of us moving forward. I would be much more worried if our attendances were on the decline in all honesty. Well done Vale and Smurf for bringing the fans back.:yes:

The only prob with that though Ben. Is that 6.5k average is what Smurf set as a basic and failed to get us the extra Defender we were after. I don't want to be happy to just plod along, I want real progress.

The club is now probably in the best financial posistion we've ever been in, with no debts. Years ago I can understand fans being reluctant to go, however surely the incentive of "the more money in, the better the quality of player", should get fans of their backsides. Imagine the quality of player if we could ever get a 10k fan base. Why are we happy, with just 6.5k. Having said that the club needs to do more as regards marketing, a point raised in reply to Smurfs tweet. But I don't buy this "Oh it was V-festival, sod the ****** V-festival. Smurf is doing his bit, surely now is time to get behind the Club.

Archived