onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 4 - Bristol Rovers 0 Post Match Comments

sheffield61

A very good win and at times it seemed like it could have been a cricket score although not quite sure how we kept a clean sheet. Bristol's shooting was absolutely awful at times.

Was pleased with the Williamson / Pope partnership tonight. It definitely causes more problems than the Dodds link as the two interchange positions dropping deep and being the front man well. Kingsley James did a decent job in there too although against stronger opposition I think he'd probably not be quite good enough in terms of pace, size or quality on the ball. Another steady game for Burge too whilst the wingers looked dangerous without ever doing masses due to being double teamed a lot.

A great result, a great night and a big well done to the record breaker Pope.

Advert

For us exiles, can anybody say how we played ignoring the lack of quality from the opposition.
To be honest we were dire Tom Pope dragged us home with three superb goals the first two if people are honest were totally against the run of play. Thank goodness for Tom

For us exiles, can anybody say how we played ignoring the lack of quality from the opposition.

Never out of first gear.

We were frustrating until we scored, misplaced passes etc, but then Pope scored a great half volley almost from nowhere, we kicked off, ran up and he scored a header, and after that we just cruised. Could have made it 4 straight after the 3rd goal, but Pope missed the target (Must do better tom!)

they were alright, had a few half chances, a few headers that maybe should have hit the target, but they just could not cope in their own box at all.

Ref was ok, but took sympathy on them not awarding an absolute stone wall penalty.

Perfect night.

To be honest we were dire Tom Pope dragged us home with three superb goals the first two if people are honest were totally against the run of play. Thank goodness for Tom

When you get to see the highlights you'll see the acres of space that they left for us. We were OK but the goals from the Sneyd Green Sniper gave us the confidence and they just got worse / more desperate. Yates had a good one (I missed the York game) Burge was classy and working hard. Vincent goal and good workrate. JMW could've had two, but another good display. All our players did the job, but we could have ripped these appart. Rovers were utterly awful. They had a couple saved well by Neal and missed 4 pretty easy chances. I actually feel sorry for their support travelling home in that taxi.

Great result, average performance. Bristol Rovers were hopeless and earlier in the season we would of put 7 or 8 past these easily. That said we gave them far too many chances and had they Tom Pope in their side they could have easily won the game. Tom was outstanding again, not just for his hat-trick but his play in general. Despite a really slow start we knew we were much better than them and at times I think we were just going through the motions, especially in the 2nd half.

Vincent was quiet on his return and Myrie-Williams tried to do too much at times but as always was lively and direct. I thought Kingsley James did quite well in the middle along side Burge and he can be pleased with his performance.

All in all a welcome return to winning ways, a completed takeover and a Gillingham loss. It hasn't been a bad night really. :D

We won without getting out of 2nd gear really.

We started very slowly again but then we had 3 chances pretty much in a row that we scored from and that put the game to bed. Could have been more and we had a definite penalty turned down followed by a chaotic few seconds in there 6 yard box which I think Boom ended up clearing for them whilst trying to score (I don't know how it didn't go in, was very strange!). They could have nicked a couple of goals as they had plenty of good chances to do so. They just had nothing up front and couldn't defend against Williamson and Pope who were both excellent tonight.

James looked decent, him and Burge did well. Yates looked decent at left back. Myrie-Williams and Vincent were their usual tricky selves and I noticed Vincent was desperate to score. Duffy was solid again and Boom/Big Mac were better tonight.

Best thing is that the points we dropped don't matter too much now because everybody around us lost. Our goal difference is mental!

New owners, Young and Pevez all spoke well and was great to hear from them!

Onwards and upwards!!

When you get to see the highlights you'll see the acres of space that they left for us. We were OK but the goals from the Sneyd Green Sniper gave us the confidence and they just got worse / more desperate. Yates had a good one (I missed the York game) Burge was classy and working hard. Vincent goal and good workrate. JMW could've had two, but another good display. All our players did the job, but we could have ripped these appart. Rovers were utterly awful. They had a couple saved well by Neal and missed 4 pretty easy chances. I actually feel sorry for their support travelling home in that taxi.
One or two such as Burge Duffy and McAllister were decent but most of our team were very poor. If Pope had been on their side we would have lost heavily because they should had a hatful due to some woeful defending. I'm as happy as anyone that we won but I aren't blinded by the scoreline and I hope Micky isn't either!.

You have to say looking back on the Rochdale, Southend results they look very good points (taking into account there form at present) despite the drawing v dale from a 2 nil lead...

Had we have kept our foot on the pedal v York and took the win we'd have been looking very roses at the top with the Gills... Especially given our position of strength off the field!

So exciting, from Mr Wildes half time speech... He clearly has league 1 football at he top of his agenda for this season... Despite what he's said previously!

Archived