onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 4 - Bristol Rovers 0 Post Match Comments

sheffield61

Deffo centre half is one of our biggest weal points... Despite have conceded just 19, one of the best in the league.. If opposing attackers were half as gd as pope we'd have paid a dear price for all the defensive mistakes... McDonald is our weak link for me, got the turning circle of a double decker bus!

Advert

Deffo centre half is one of our biggest weal points... Despite have conceded just 19, one of the best in the league.. If opposing attackers were half as gd as pope we'd have paid a dear price for all the defensive mistakes... McDonald is our weak link for me, got the turning circle of a double decker bus!

I wouldn't say that McDonald is the weak link. Makes a few mistakes but is generally sound, and has great distribution. McCombe isn't bad either. The probably is them together. They are too similar - relying on strength and ariel battles as opposed to pace. We need a quick centre half, but I'm not sure whether I'd drop McDonald or Boom...

I wouldn't say that McDonald is the weak link. Makes a few mistakes but is generally sound, and has great distribution. McCombe isn't bad either. The probably is them together. They are too similar - relying on strength and ariel battles as opposed to pace. We need a quick centre half, but I'm not sure whether I'd drop McDonald or Boom...

Your probably right, although I do think Boom has better positional sense, often making up for any mistakes because of his positioning... Whereas Macca is often caught out completely without the opportunity to make up for his own mistakes....Would love to see us capture a loan signing along the ilk of Peter Clarke (when we had him from Everton, in is younger years)

It wasn't as bad as you're making out, you miserable old get.

We we average, Rovers were woeful.

The fact that I'm a miserable git is neither here or there but we will play better and lose. I was very disappointed at the way we played until Tom came to our rescue. I felt that a better team would have torn our defence apart and scored a bag full.

I still think it was a great result but a rubbish performance but as you say I am a miserable old git but an honest one;)

Don't know why people are being so negative! We won 4-0 and we have new owners.

We've played better than that and drawn/lost (Torquay/Accrington). We will play worse and get points.

Only lost once at home in the league against the side that is above us. We have only lost 3 times all season which is ****** awesome after nearly half a season has gone!!

HERE HERE FOR GODS SAKE VALE HOW DARE YOU PLAY SO **** AND ONLY WIN 4.0 TBH IT WAS A DRAINING EMOTIONAL DAY FOR ME WITH HE PERFECT ENDING, ONE GRIPE (the crowd) PLEASE COME BACK TO VALE PARK.

On the statto odds index we're now second favourites following tonights win and the takeover (http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-two) only a few days ago we were 5th favourites.....

You can get 66-1 on Northampton with William Hills which is a daft price! 3 points off automatic. Great manager. Goalscorer. Each way 1,2,3. 1/4 of the odds!

Great bet.

It was a good win. That said they had what appeared to be a developing team and although they all had some skill they didn't defend very well as a unit and some of their shooting was wild. Nonetheless they had quite a few shots on target and I thought we have not solved the robustness issue in midfield when playing with two wingers. Our goals came from three good strikes from Pope - never mind their goalie went walkies on the third he wouldn't have saved it anyway. I thought Myrie Williiams is getting tightly marked again and he tried hard to use his right foot and he needs to keep up the practice with that. Maybe he and Vincent need to swap a bit more. With Pope, Williams and Vincent on there were three potential target men tonight and I felt that was where our possession retention problem was against York. I think if we can be a solid unit at Aldershot, that should be a game we can win.

Poor opposition but we did the job. Pope mercurial. James, Burge and Yates (again) had good steady games. Williamson up front was good foil for Tom. However I thought Vincent and JMW both had off nights. JMW needs someone to train him how to use his right foot and he would then be very, very dangerous! Boom and McDonald for me were poor. They didn't win too many headers at all and were painfully slow in turning and if Brizzle had had a decnt forward we may have had problems. That said it's nice to be able to see our frailities and still thrash the other team. Great day overall with the newbies coming in and giving everyone hope in their speeches.

Poor opposition but we did the job. Pope mercurial. James, Burge and Yates (again) had good steady games. Williamson up front was good foil for Tom. However I thought Vincent and JMW both had off nights. JMW needs someone to train him how to use his right foot and he would then be very, very dangerous! Boom and McDonald for me were poor. They didn't win too many headers at all and were painfully slow in turning and if Brizzle had had a decnt forward we may have had problems. That said it's nice to be able to see our frailities and still thrash the other team. Great day overall with the newbies coming in and giving everyone hope in their speeches.

Spot on onestep,Tom Eaves had the freedom of Vale Park.Can I just add Duffy had probably his best game for Vale.Pope's display was outstanding.

Archived