onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 4 - Bristol Rovers 0 Post Match Comments

sheffield61

Advert

Did anyone notice the little lad, Santos, who came on for them 2nd half? We were all taking the mick out of him with his small physique and he looked like he should have gone home to complete his homework before school. however he had a very good game and actually looked one of their only good players. Could we sign him for our youth team and for the future?

The fact that I'm a miserable git is neither here or there but we will play better and lose. I was very disappointed at the way we played until Tom came to our rescue. I felt that a better team would have torn our defence apart and scored a bag full.

I still think it was a great result but a rubbish performance but as you say I am a miserable old git but an honest one;)

You should be satisfied that we won the game at a canter despite being somewhat under par. Against better opposition we will have to play better as a team, and I'm sure we will.

I thought that JMW looked tired in the first half then in the second half he woke up. He needs to stop being so greedy though. We broke and had a 2 v 2 and he really should have squared it inside to Vincent I think it was.

I'd much prefer him to be greedy and want to score and take people on; rather than pass at any given opportunity.

I'd much prefer him to be greedy and want to score and take people on; rather than pass at any given opportunity.

If the player he could pass to has a better goal scoring opportunity I would prefer to see him square it. Don't get me wrong I love his willingness to run at a full back but I just think he can be greedy.

If the player he could pass to has a better goal scoring opportunity I would prefer to see him square it. Don't get me wrong I love his willingness to run at a full back but I just think he can be greedy.

Oh yeah that's fair enough, just in general I want him to be greedy, but as you say when there is someone in a better position he should pass.

back to winning ways :) yes prob not our best performance we've played better and lost or drew but a win none the less.

but as toppsy turvy this league is the rest of the teams around us all lose plus Tom Pope breaks a vale scoring record fastest player to score 20 goals thats amazing when you look back over the decades at some of the strikers this club as had well done to popey. another win at aldershot would cap an emotional week at the club :thumbs:

In an ideal world McDonald would be a back up to McCombe.

Don't agree with that at all, MacDonald is far a better footballer then McCombe. He has come on leaps and bounds this year, Thank god Artell left. MacDonald at 23 has a great future a head of him and is the only defender in are squad who can pass the ball to there own team mate. Duffy to who doesn't just hoof it up field. Yates, McCombe , Owen are all hoof it up field or in the stand. League one next season when we are there we will need to keep possession and that starts from the back.

You sure? Not really wanting to criticise seeing as we're doing so well but I'm just not much of a McDonald fan. Very limited lump and won't be the building block of the future for progress. I will concede though that time is on his side.

You sure? Not really wanting to criticise seeing as we're doing so well but I'm just not much of a McDonald fan. Very limited lump and won't be the building block of the future for progress. I will concede though that time is on his side.

Whats McCombe? Is he a limited lump, He is far more limited than MacDonald you don't see McCombe pinging 40 yard balls into the channels. MacDonald has played at league one already so has Duffy who are just better footballers. I'm not saying i don't like Boom because i do.

I think they are both very similar and that's part of the reason why we concede too many goals.

Both are out and out centre halves who go for the first header, both are limited technically and their distribution is poor, and both lack pace and often seem clumsy.

This is par for the course in Div 2 but if we had a decent sweeper who could read the game and had a bit of pace it would help a lot, I think.

Dean Glover anyone?!;)

Whats McCombe? Is he a limited lump, He is far more limited than MacDonald you don't see McCombe pinging 40 yard balls into the channels. MacDonald has played at league one already so has Duffy who are just better footballers. I'm not saying i don't like Boom because i do.

McCombe made a couple of excellent last ditch tackles last night. In my opinion he's generally a better defender than McDonald. The latter has and can still get better, though.

Archived