onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 4 - Bristol Rovers 0 Post Match Comments

sheffield61

Great result although it took Pope's goal to kick start us. I thought Burge and James played well in midfield and looked assured most of the time.

Pope is simply awesome in the air, I don't think he missed much at all tonight. Williamson was a willing ally too.

For me though McDonald is a liability, against a better side he would have cost us again. He doesn't command his zone at all, he punted well for Pope's goal though...

Advert

One or two such as Burge Duffy and McAllister were decent but most of our team were very poor. If Pope had been on their side we would have lost heavily because they should had a hatful due to some woeful defending. I'm as happy as anyone that we won but I aren't blinded by the scoreline and I hope Micky isn't either!.

It wasn't as bad as you're making out, you miserable old get.

We we average, Rovers were woeful.

Great result although it took Pope's goal to kick start us. I thought Burge and James played well in midfield and looked assured most of the time.

Pope is simply awesome in the air, I don't think he missed much at all tonight. Williamson was a willing ally too.

For me though McDonald is a liability, against a better side he would have cost us again. He doesn't command his zone at all, he punted well for Pope's goal though...

In an ideal world McDonald would be a back up to McCombe.

Not a great performance but i think that mostly down to the fact it didnt have to be. How many times over the last few years have teams that bad come to the vale and gotten something? Too many is the answer.

Comfortable is an understatement, we won despjte not playing well and we have picked points up recently without playing well too. Thats got to be a good sign. Every team goes through a sticky spell in a season. If this is ours then, well, our names on it.

Not a great performance but i think that mostly down to the fact it didnt have to be. How many times over the last few years have teams that bad come to the vale and gotten something? Too many is the answer.

Comfortable is an understatement, we won despjte not playing well and we have picked points up recently without playing well too. Thats got to be a good sign. Every team goes through a sticky spell in a season. If this is ours then, well, our names on it.

Completely agree. Winning so comfortably despite being nowhere near our best is something to be quietly positive about.

Ask man utd fans about not playing well and winning.... Good teams grind out results despite the performance across 90 mins

Don't know why people are being so negative! We won 4-0 and we have new owners.

We've played better than that and drawn/lost (Torquay/Accrington). We will play worse and get points.

Only lost once at home in the league against the side that is above us. We have only lost 3 times all season which is ****** awesome after nearly half a season has gone!!

Much needed result when most our rivals came unstuck although I still get the feeling MA doesn't know who his best centre midfielders are. Awesome performance from Pope again whilst Burge passed the ball well tonight. Positive speech from Wildes but he'd do well to enjoy the applause as its a thankless task owning football club & I'm sure it won't be long before some wands start having a pop! Onwards & upwards.

God win, bad opposition.

Just had a read of their forums, oh my they're not happy. One of their fans bet on us winning 4 - 0 before the game, won himself a grand (possibly one of their defenders?) Calling for mghee to resign at half time.

That said a number of times at corners they didnt have a single outball, youd have thought they were trying to protect a lead. Absolutely no ambition to push on our poor defence.

Popey saved us tonight, but lets not dwell on that, lets be thankful hes in a PV shirt, and we won!

Shouldda woulda coulda been more, Stonewall penalty but who cares right now! Same result against a poor aldershot on Saturday please!

Very like a preseason friendly against Sunday League opposition, for me.

Scored three at will then started doing weird indulgent experimental stuff because they weren't a threat or it didn't seem to matter or something.

So, Vincent did a libero thing leaving the entire left side to Yates. Yates managed ok but I thought Vincent became fairly ineffective.

Second half after His Holiness' third Adams started taking our best players off (not critical of that) and had a look at a couple of other players and trying Vincent at Centre Forward.

I have to say, they were so poor that it really is difficult to draw any conclusions from the game but even so, we looked frail enough in defence to concede if it wasn't for some very competent if not spectacular goalkeeping where a couple of tricky shots stuck to Neal in a way they wouldn't have to a certain male model.

90 minutes for James and enough endeavour and effectiveness to earn the shirt for the next match, Burge growing into the role with another start under his belt, together they provided an intensity that Brizzle couldn't match.

Another decent performance from Yates at LB enough to bring the recovering Loft into midfield contention. Another goal for Williamson which will do his confidence no harm.

Pope phenomenal again and his general work rate, never mind goals were noticeably missing when he went off.

Make no mistake, however, we wouldn't have rolled over most sides in this division on tonight's performance.

Archived