onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Future

Advert

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Where is Dono in the equation. I’d suggest if he’s a shrewd businessman and I have no doubt to think otherwise, he’s watching the situation very carefully keeping his powder dry. Wait until either the company is on its knees or the owners can’t afford to compete, then make them a less than market value offer. If the business continues to slide down the pan reduce the offer. Assemble a team around him, who knows what they’re doing unlike the incumbent regime. There’ll be more dark days ahead for us Vale fans. We’re in the middle of a storm at the moment.

Donaldson seems to be a bit of a Mo Chaudry figure. Likes a bit of positive publicity, but I doubt will put the big money in. Personally, I hope we can find an investor to take Carol’s work to the next level. Despite all the aggro over Flitcroft, I simply don’t think anyone could see anything more than mid table league 1 football on our current resources, even if they were used as effectively as possible. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think Carol and associates are quitters. Unless a profit on investment opportunity arises that persuades them in association with a wealthy philanthropic new owner. A lot of money has been put into the club dragging it up from a dilapidated stadium and pitch to something nearing smart. In life terms if I'd done that I would not ditch everything but be determined to leave a positive legacy that can endure. Although we got promoted the management of the off field side of the football team hasn't been good enough for L1. It won't become good enough on return to L2 either. I'm hoping that Darren Moore can turn this around given sufficient resources. I like him and think he knows his stuff. So I'll give him a good go next season. But the bottom line is I'm not up for supporting ticking over near the bottom of L2. I will have paid for season tickets but stop coming if that is where we are headed. I'm not a young or middle aged person anymore who can have a 20 year perspective. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rob1983 said:
9 hours ago, For Us All said:
Rudge was great but even he went on a run of 18 games without a win?However,he made up for that by signing some great players such as Osher Williams,Alan Webb,Andy Jones,Mark Grew,Ray Walker,Bob Hazell,Darren Beckford,Simon Mills,Darren Hughes,Gary Ford,Dean Glover,John Jeffers,Neil Aspin,Nick Cross,Kevin Kent,Robin van der Laan,Martin Foyle,Keith Houchen, Peter Swan,Ian Taylor,Paul Musselwhite,Steve Guppy,Tony Naylor,Jon McCarthy,Lee Mills,Ian Bogie,Gareth Ainsworth,Peter Beadle,Michael Walsh and Marcus Bent.Sorry if I've missed anybody.
Recruitment is critical and sadly we have gone downbank?

Peter Beadle was no replacement for Mills.

Marcus Bent couldn’t hit Smurthwaites arse with a taxi when he played for us. 

9 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Well this current squad couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.😎

They wont win another game even if the opposition only played 2 players (goal keeper and midfielder).  They would still miss the goal and the opposition player would score every time he went up against our defence.

Can't see Carol changing the set up at Vale next season when we are down.  She is blinded by what is happening and taken totally in by the powerpoint presentations and crap from Fraudcroft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

They wont win another game even if the opposition only played 2 players (goal keeper and midfielder).  They would still miss the goal and the opposition player would score every time he went up against our defence.

Can't see Carol changing the set up at Vale next season when we are down.  She is blinded by what is happening and taken totally in by the powerpoint presentations and crap from Fraudcroft.

So we’re being held back by FFP (Fricking F***++++t Presentations)

Talking of the future. 

Would anyone like my season ticket for the remainder of the season? I live at Porthill if anyone wants to collect it.

It's Hamil end. Obviously you'll be able to sit where you fancy where there's empty seats. Just don't get arrested ! 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, For Us All said:

That's right but we managed to make a profit of £75,000 by selling him to Sheff.Utd.

Sheffield....who went on to make a profit of over 5.5milion quid from him. The problem was that Rudge signed him and was sacked a week later. Ballbag Horton then played Bent on the right wing instead of as a natural striker.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Sheffield....who went on to make a profit of over 5.5milion quid from him. The problem was that Rudge signed him and was sacked a week later. Ballbag Horton then played Bent on the right wing instead of as a natural striker.

Brian Horton was a good Vale manager. Just off to get my tin hat ready for those that think differently.

• Like 6

I am very concerned about the future and have the same helpless feeling I had over V2001 or Smurf... now let me be clear on this, I am not saying Carol is like the two previous regimes but we just seem passengers on a runaway train which is heading to disaster at the moment, there doesn't seem to be the rationale behind what we are seeing, surely the owner can't be sat watching that side week in week out and thinking this is right? or acceptable? They might be phenomenal players in terms of people but its clear they are not as battlers and footballers, probably a great bunch to hang out with and good pub with but thats no good if we are getting beaten week in and out.

My worry is where do we go from here? Flitcroft stays, performances dont improve, apathy gets even worse and we lose money from ticket sales, if we don't change it we are in deep trouble next season as it stands with the trajectory the football side is going.

My only hope is Darren Moore and the rumoured wage is a sign that investment in the squad will be increased to rectify it and Flitcroft repeats Summer 2021 with Darren Moore able to entice some bigger name players, the one eye watering fact though is despite awful previous regimes, despite the good will Carol has and the fact we know she does care, fans are giving up on us, the apathy including within myself is growing, those same fans who fought for our club in the past just have had enough, that in itself is the biggest worry.

• Like 8

If we are to improve we need a more competitive budget. If people believe Spunk Trumpet wage breakdown then you have to believe the rest of the website he got them from.  Only 2 or 3 teams with a lower wage budget what could we expect this season?

trying to build a competitive team with the third lowest budget in the league would be a thankless task for anyone. Hence why Carol backs DF, she didn’t give him a chance with the budget. I’m not sure why she gets a free pass while all the heat is on DF especially with the information below.